Horror story roleplays! discussion

Horror storylines scenes! > In the woods

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Khione , Sadistic Mercilious killer (last edited Dec 26, 2012 08:27PM) (new)

Khione  (vamplover25) | 1952 comments Mod
In the woods, holds a mysterious but deadly secret. Who will be able to discover it before death comes by. Figure it out before it's too late!

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) Vera walked through the deep underbrush, the thorns swiping at her skin. Once she made it through she had tons of small cuts covering her ankles. She looked around, trying to find a suitable place to sleep before it got bright out.

message 3: by MadRaccoon (new)

MadRaccoon Jesse Ried woke up to darkness. Where am I?
He slowly stands up, hearing the crunch of leaves beneath his feet.
Putting his hands out in front of him, he feels the coarseness of tree bark. What the-?
Suddenly, the full moon peeks over the tree tops, filtering through the gaps in the trees, illuminating his surroundings.
Trees, he thought. There's a whole bunch of trees... Where am I? A forest? How did I get here. All these questions and more ran through his head.

message 4: by Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (last edited Jan 23, 2013 04:32AM) (new)

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) Vera found an old wolf den and slid down the steep dirt into the small hut. She was small enough to fit and curled quite nicely in the small space. She closed her eyes, waiting for the inevitable sleep to come. Just as she had reached the edges of sleep she heard something. Her eyes shot open, she tilted her head to the side in the slightest so she might hear better. She slowly creeped from her space inside the den, moving through the shadows as she made her way toward the sound. My woods, she thought as she crept closer to the sound. She expertly placed her feet, knowing where her fallen footsteps would be rendered silent.

message 5: by MadRaccoon (new)

MadRaccoon Jesse walked around aimlessly for a while, trying to get e grip on his surroundings. It was impossible in the darkness. The moon washed out the colours of the trees and they all looked like skeletal bones.
He shuddered; it was a bit cold here.

message 6: by Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (last edited Jan 23, 2013 07:44AM) (new)

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) Vera identified the sound as this person, her eyesight more trained from her life in darkness. She crept closer then she had previously dared, observing this stranger. If she remembered how she might say something. Instead she dared to creep closer, all the while not making a single sound. She could see the chill was wearing through to him as it did with most day dwellers. She was used to such cold that hung among the trees.

message 7: by MadRaccoon (last edited Jan 23, 2013 07:44AM) (new)

MadRaccoon Jesse looked for a creek or a berry bush. He needed to eat and drink, as he'd had nothing on him, aside from his clothes, when he woke up.

He had the strange feeling that someone was watching him. Slowly he turned around, eyes roaming in all directions.

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) Vera peered at him curiously through the darkness. She was, of course hidden from sight but she did not fear this person. She dared to step from the shadows, the moon slightly illuminating her pale face. Her gaze did not stray from him as she moved closer, still keeping a distance between them.

message 9: by MadRaccoon (new)

MadRaccoon A movement cause his attention. A pale face seemed to melt out of the darkness. Jesse was astonished to see that it was attached to the body of a girl who seemed to be only a couple of years younger than he. Jesse saw her tattered clothes and dirty skin. It seemed she'd been in the forest for quite a long time.
As she walked towards him, he hesitantly called out to her. "Uh- uh, hi, what's your name? How did you get here?"

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) Vera did not move closer, she wanted to keep her distance. She understood his words well enough but could not form a proper response. It had been too long, she did not bother with words when she was alone. She brushed her stringy hair from her face, her eyes looking over him. She was trying to see if he might be a threat.

message 11: by MadRaccoon (new)

MadRaccoon When the girl failed to respond, Jesse looked about uncomfortably. Then he looked back at her again. She was skinny, but not deathly so.

He took a step towards her, hands help up before him in the universal sign for "don't shoot, I come in peace."

"Where are your parents? Are you lost? I can help you." Once I figure out what the hell is going on. he thought silently.

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) Vera took a step back when he raised his arms. Perhaps to any normal person this would be a sign of peace but to her a person only did this when they were prepared to strike. She dropped to a defensive crouch, her cold eyes warning him not to step closer. Her behavior was quite animalistic to say the least but it has been what kept her alive. She processed his words "No" was the only word she composed, her voice hoarse and scratchy from all the years without use.

message 13: by MadRaccoon (new)

MadRaccoon Jesse was taken aback by her response. She dropped down to a crouch as an animal might. He stopped walking forward and dropped his hands. He bit his lip trying to think of what to do. When she spoke for the first time, it was hoarse from disuse, but he was encouraged all the same. "I'm not going to hurt you! I- I just want to know where I am."

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) Vera waited a moment after her dropped his arms before straightening up once more. Her gaze fell from cautious to curious once again. She scampered behind him, her movements quick as she was behind him in an instant. She inspected his clothing, it was strange to her. The only cloth she had known was her own. She reached out hesitantly and poked the fabric covering his shoulder.

message 15: by MadRaccoon (last edited Jan 23, 2013 08:18AM) (new)

MadRaccoon Jesse sighed with relief when she straightened up. But then she disappeared in a blur. Where did she-? But then he felt something poke at his shoulder and he whirled around in surprise. The girl jumped back and he took a step back in remedial. "Sorry, I didn't see you there. Um, you're interested in my shirt?"

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) Vera thought about it a moment, he talked to much. It made it hard to decide anything when he kept asking so many questions. She took another cautious step back, she was not as safe when so close. She paused a moment, trying to think of a proper response. After due thoughts she managed to ask "L-lost?"

message 17: by MadRaccoon (last edited Jan 23, 2013 08:21AM) (new)

MadRaccoon He perked up when she spoke. "Yes! I am lost. Are you? Maybe we could stick together and find a way out." She seemed rather sparse with words which made him think she was a from somewhere else and couldn't speak English, so he changed his tempo. "You, lost, too?" he simplified. "Me and you, find way out?

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) Vera peeked curiously around her, wondering why he assume she was lost. He kept speaking which frustrated her, she understood everything he said. She did not do well with responding but she could comprehend just fine. "Not stupid" she murmured quietly, not wanting to be too loud at night. "Not lost" she added, beginning to walk away.

message 19: by MadRaccoon (new)

MadRaccoon "Wait!" Jesse called when she began walking away. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. But do you think we could stick together anyways? You seem pretty comfortable here. Do you live nearby?" Jesse was desperate to not be abandoned here in the forest alone, much less at night.

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) Vera moaned in frustration, covering her ears so she was not forced to hear all his words. She was tiring of his incessant rambling. She walked back to him, grabbing him wrist and tugging at his arm for him to follow. She moved back, tracing her exact steps. She could not help his loud steps but she still did not make a sound as she made her way back to the small den. She reached the steep drop to the den and dropped his wrist, sliding down into the den. She curled up so she only took up about a quarter of the den, leaving room for him. she could not help him navigate well in the dark.

message 21: by MadRaccoon (new)

MadRaccoon Jesse crunched along as she dragged him through the forest. He was about to ask another question when they came to a stop, but the girl dropped down into a hole in the ground. He gulped. It looked rather dark in there... A twig snapped somewhere nearby. It was all the encouragement he needed. He sat down, legs dangling over the hole and pushed off. It wasn't so much of a drop as it was a slope. He crawled through in the pitch-blackness, bumping into every wall. Finally, the tunnel seemed to open into a den and he found some space that the girl had saved him. He curled up in a ball, thinking of what had just happened.

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) "Sleep till light" she told him, in case he couldn't assume it for himself. She kept herself retreated to the small corner of the den. She could hear something else moving about the forest but she easily identified this as a fox. They would sometimes try to play at night but they probably would not come down here with him around, he did not smell like the forest.

message 23: by MadRaccoon (new)

MadRaccoon ((See ya, I have to go to school now))

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) ((Alright, bye))

message 25: by MadRaccoon (last edited Jan 23, 2013 10:24AM) (new)

MadRaccoon Lucas woke to darkness. It was warm in the den and he could sense another person's presence. It was that girl's... The one with the pale, dirty face.
Lucas smirked in the darkness. She obviously has lived here for a long time by herself and that idiot, Jesse could't figure it out.
Lucas crawled towards the entrance of the den, which was glowing blue with predawn light. He got up and stretched his muscles, eyeing his surroundings carefully.

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) Vera had been awake for a few hours before her stirred. Of course she did not want to open her eyes to the light. She hardly ever awake during daylight. It hurt her eyes and she hated treating herself for too much sun exposure. It was better to hunt and travel at night. She listened as he moved from the den. She opened her eyes, blinking a few times so they might adjust. She looked up at him "want help?" she asked groggily.

message 27: by MadRaccoon (new)

MadRaccoon Lucas was already out of the den when he heard her call. He debated whether or not he should answer. "Nah, I'm good. Just going to... go for a pee." He smirked at the tone of his own voice. Damn, he was a good actor!

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) "Lies" she said as she scampered out form the den, quickly scaling to the top of the steep incline. She straightened up and brushed her hair from her face. She suppressed the urge to say something else, he said enough words for both of them. She looked at him in the light, better able to see his features.

message 29: by MadRaccoon (last edited Jan 23, 2013 04:42PM) (new)

MadRaccoon Lucas walked through the forest, searching. He was hungry and he needed food. The bush to his left rustled and Lucas reacted instantaneously. He pounce onto his victim which just so happened to be a little squirrel.
Instead of killing it right off the bat, he carried it over to a relatively large rock, lifting the squirrel up by its tail. He rolled a large rock on top of the tail so that it was pinned beneath. It squealed for a time as its tailbones broke.

Lucas ignored the delightful noise and proceeded to pluck the claws out; first from its front paws, then from it's back. Blood gushed everywhere and Lucas smiled.

((Yeuck, just so you know, I would never, EVER harm a squirrel. Or any animal for that matter.))

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) Vera didn't bother to follow him, she stayed within hearing range. She could deduce his every action by the sounds he made, after a while it got to the point she could no longer stand it. She silently strode over, snapping the neck of the creature, causing it's body to fall limp. "Going to draw predators" she said before turning and heading back to her place. She quickly scaled up the tree, watching a deer from above. She closed her eyes, sensing the wind direction before lifting a spear she had crafted in the night. She quickly tossed it, the spear hitting right through the heart. The deer barely made a sound as it hit the soft Earth. She jumped form her perch and scampered over to it on all fours. She inspected to be sure it was dead before she pulled the spear, casting it aside. She pulled out a bone carved blade and began cutting the corpse apart.

message 31: by MadRaccoon (new)

MadRaccoon Lucas was indignant that she'd spoiled his fun so quickly. He watched silently as she felled a deer with one swing.
When she began to cut chunks from the deer, Lucas moved to help. He squatted down and began shredding it with his hands and nails. It wasn't as clean as a knife, but it was more fun.
He contemplated killing the girl with her own knife, but decided against it, ruling that she'd be more valuable alive.
As they were stripping the flesh off of the body, Lucas popped a raw piece of deer in his mouth. He savored the warmth and chewiness of the meat between his teeth and the blood as it dribbled down his throat. It tasted much better than squirrel.

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) Vera wondered if he was mentally sound, either that or dim. Even she knew not to eat raw, she had learned after she almost died when she was first left here. She tucked her knife safely out of reach from him before she piled the chunks of meat she had collected from the deer. She pulled out a large leather cloth and wrapped the meat up, tying it together like wrapping paper. She ignored him as she made her way back to the den, climbing up the closest tree to the drop. Since she was quite small for her age, and light on her feet she could climb higher then most. She tied the food up there, within the thicker branches. she took no chances with the animals around here. The weather could change drastically within a day and if she did not prepare ahead she could starve and on several occasion almost had. She quickly climbed back down, finding no need to waste food by eating when she normally slept. She went back to his location, taking another curious look at him "want direction?"

message 33: by MadRaccoon (new)

MadRaccoon ((I don't think she knows what wrapping paper is))

Lucas grinned a bloody smile, not bothering to wipe the blood from his mouth. Then he stood up, stretched and yawned. "Tomorrow. I'm a bit tired. I think I'll go to sleep for a bit," he grinned again as he said this. "I have to let the food digest a bit after all." With that he wound his way back to the den with ease. He dropped inside and fell asleep in a matter of seconds.

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) ((No, but she wasn't describing it.))

Vera was not to sleep now, light had already taken its hold. She had no need for sleep now, she was not tired in the least. She instead climbed to a low branch on the tree and watched him as he slept. From what she could remember of humans, they were not like this. Most seemed more timid, thought just as easily read. Her curiosity did not wane as she found herself still curious after an hour of watching him. She had been so deprived of human connections that she could not help but stare.

message 35: by MadRaccoon (new)

MadRaccoon Jesse woke with a start. He'd been dreaming of...something. Something from his past. He couldn't remember now, but he thought it had something to do with children...
Looking around, he noticed that it was light out and that he was alone. So I hadn't been imagining it then he thought glumly. He really was in the middle of the forest by himself, or rather with a strange pale girl...
Jesse crawled out of the den with more ease now that it was light. When he got out, he noticed that it was in fact, twilight. Twilight? Had he really slept for a whole day? He felt like a vampire. He laughed at the thought.
There was no sign of the girl. There didn't seem to be anyone around. Just himself, the trees and the other creatures of the forest.

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) Once he awoke she jumped from her small branch, her bare feet made the smallest sound as she hit the ground. She observed him, now in his waking hours. He seemed....Different somehow. She shook off this thought, nothing that he still had blood on his face. She was forced once again to brush her incessant hair from her face, it obscured her view too often to be good.

message 37: by MadRaccoon (last edited Jan 23, 2013 06:07PM) (new)

MadRaccoon Jesse turned as he felt a presence. It was the pale girl from earlier. She was watching him from a distance. "Hey, where did you go? Thanks for letting me sleep in your... den. Although, I don't really know how I managed to sleep for a whole day.." He grinned sheepishly at her.
As he did so, he felt something on his teeth. He licked them and tasted something salty and metallic. Strange, he thought. It almost tastes like blood. Hmm, I must have bit my tongue sometime while I was asleep.
There seemed to be something in his teeth and he reached up a hand to pluck it out. He was horrified to see that his hand was completely red. He looked at the other one. Same thing. What the-?
Just then, his stomach gurgled unhappily. He doubled over, clutching his stomach in pain and slowly sank to his knees.

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) Vera moved closer when he convulsed in pain. She did not get too close, did he not recall what he had done? She pulled out a small notebook she had since she had been stranded. She began flipping through pages until she came across the one she needed. She did not wish to move any closer but she knew she must. She tried to help him to his feet, motioning for him to go back in the den. She could not remember the words to tell him for that action but she was not going to be able to help him until she collected the correct herbs. She also could not leave him lying here. She struggled to coax him back into the enclosed area without words.

message 39: by MadRaccoon (new)

MadRaccoon Through the haze of pain, Jesse saw the girl, or rather felt her trying to lead him somewhere. He wasn't coherent enough to fully grasp what she wanted him to do, so he let her touch lead him. She made him go back into the den. He struggled to get in, moaning all the way and when he finally managed it, he curled into a tight ball of pain on the ground.

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) Vera, once she had led him in walked off to find what she needed. It took time unfortunately, forcing him to endure while she searched for the right herbs. She brought the small leafs back to the den, remaining at the top of the slope. She pulled the wood and tinder she had collected the previous day, using her flint and steel stones to quickly create sparks and set the wood ablaze. She had very few items with her, one of while being an old metal bowl she had found buried under some dirt years ago. She poured some water in the bowl and began to cook the herbs in water. This also took time, once it was finished she moved down to him. She held the bowl in front of his lips "drink" she ordered quietly.

message 41: by MadRaccoon (new)

MadRaccoon While she was gone, Jesse panted and groaned. It was so horrible that he even passed out from the sheer pain.

Lucas woke sweating and exhausted and in terrible pain. What could it be? He didn't have much time to ponder for another shot of pain knocked him out again.

Jesse was aware of the pale-faced girl re-entering the den carrying a bowl of steaming liquid. When she ordered him to drink, he did. It slid down his throat washing the metallic taste from his mouth. It tasted awful, but it helped soothe the pain. Eventually his stomach quieted enough for him to speak. "I- I'm sorry. I don't really know what happened. It just came all of a sudden."

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) "Raw meat" she answered, thinking he must be suffering from amnesia. She set the bowl aside, going to put out the fire. She knew his choice would lead to this and did nothing to stop him, at some point in her life she might have felt bad about that. She was not the type to regret. She collected her things and replaced them where they had been, taking her time before coming back to check on him. She had thought about it awhile and was still curious about why he acted differently. She did not say anything as she sat next to him, her eyes focused on the ceiling of the den.

message 43: by MadRaccoon (last edited Jan 23, 2013 07:31PM) (new)

MadRaccoon He felt much better after the drink, but he was confused by what she said. What does she mean by raw meat? I haven't eaten any! But then he thought back to the taste of blood that seemed to fill his mouth. He looked at his hands, seeing the blood stained on them. "What did I do? But- but I don't remember anything! I must have caught the flu or something. And the blood, well the blood must have come from..." He trailed off not knowing how to finish.

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) "Herbs cure for raw meat!" she said, exasperatedly. She was not going to try to reason or explain it. She was finding him much like a child, in need of constant care. She was not the type of person that helped well with things she did not like. "Blood come from deer" she answered, wiping away some blood the remained on his face. Her hands were already smudged with blood so it made no difference to her.

message 45: by MadRaccoon (last edited Jan 23, 2013 08:49PM) (new)

MadRaccoon "Deer blood... that's what's on my hands and neck?" He looked at hers. "And your's? Was I sleepwalking or something because there was no way that could happen. Did I mention that I am vegetarian?" Jesse was beginning to feel nauseous while picturing all of the blood and where it originated.

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) "I chop up deer and get blood on hands, you eat raw" she said, smiling at the fact she managed to complete a sentence....Or almost complete it. Vera said, trying to understand his confusion, which only made her confused as well. She looked down at the bowl with the herb water. She set it next to him, in case he needed it.

message 47: by MadRaccoon (new)

MadRaccoon He didn't want to believe them, but the answer covered his hands and was in his breath. His stomach rolled, but not from food poisoning. He grabbed the bowl that still had some medicine in it and and returned to it the contents of his stomach, and then some.

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) Vera sighed, trying to shift but there was hardly room. She moved from the den, remaining slightly outside. It was not getting to be late evening and she would need to stay awake to maintain her regular sleeping hours and not reverse everything. She continued to glance at him occasionally, making sure he was alright.

message 49: by MadRaccoon (new)

MadRaccoon Once Jesse had expelled the "raw meat" from his stomach, he scrambled out of the den carrying the bowl. He passed by the pale girl and dumped it into a bush a discreet distance from the den's entrance. He turned to the girl, apologizing for dirtying her bowl. "So, uh, what's your name? I'm Jesse." He asked to dispel the awkwardness of the situation.

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (death_of_the_rebelz) Vera looked up at him, ignoring the smell of bile that now thickly covered the den "Cannot remember" she said. She was being truthful, after all these years of having not heard her name she eventually just forgot. She pulled her sleeves down as the nighttime chill began to set in. Normally, she was asleep for this and did not notice but she felt more cold when she was forced to adjust during conscious hours.

« previous 1