One Piece: The Group for One Piece Lovers!! discussion

*Marines*

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Suhasini $Masquerade With Death$ *Anime Addict* (suhakrisgmailcom) | 477 comments Mod
So what do u guys think of the marines or the navy??

message 2: by Suhasini $Masquerade With Death$ (last edited Apr 20, 2013 04:11AM) (new)

Suhasini $Masquerade With Death$ *Anime Addict* (suhakrisgmailcom) | 477 comments Mod
For your information:The Marines are the World Government's military sea force, and collectively serve as one of the longest-running antagonists of the series.The duty of the Marines is to maintain a law and order throughout the world and impose the will and might of the World Government. They are therefore considered the key strategic development force in the World Government and are expected to obey its orders at will. Amongst their duties is awarding bounty hunters the bounties on the heads of a criminal. They tolerate bounty hunters as a method of making their job easier but are known to go out bounty hunting themselves. The main duty of marines duty is to catch pirates.

check out the photos for marines!!

message 4: by Minty-chan~ (new)

Minty-chan~ (minty-chan) im sorry to say but i feel that a lot of what the kaigun (marines) are bias and unfare in what they do - like there's a lot of corrupt leaders among them sadly. out of all of them i love garp the most

of course i also feel that marines are totally unfair!! most of them are really mean too!! and also most of them r really corrupt like dat guy who used to ask money frm arlong and not capture him instead..

message 6: by Vineeth (new)

Vineeth | 10 comments The marines are like everyone else. Good guys and bad.

message 7: by Tulika (last edited Apr 11, 2013 09:25AM) (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 94 comments Vineeth wrote: "The marines are like everyone else. Good guys and bad."

Yeah that's what I'd say too. It's the same with pirates. Not all pirates are like Luffy and the others.
But as Kid put it, atleast the pirates don't claim to be the good guys...

message 8: by Vineeth (last edited Apr 11, 2013 10:59PM) (new)

Vineeth | 10 comments Its not that the marines say they are the good guys. The guys upholding the law are supposed to be good. Like when luffy says when they first meet aokiji " normally the marines are the good guys and we're the bad guys ".
Unfortunately in life it never quite works out.

message 9: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments The thing is that the One Piece world is actually a very hellish place to live in for the normal man. I mean imagine if the criminals outnumbered the cops in our world.
So obviously the Marines have to take drastic actions in order to preserve some semblance of order and just like in our world there will be those who abuse their powers.

message 10: by Tulika (last edited Apr 12, 2013 11:58PM) (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 94 comments The problem is that the marines themselves are ruled over by the worst kind possible(Tenryubito). So they don't really do the good of people. How do you explain destroying an entire country(Ohara), making slaves work day and night, turning a blind eye to slavery and all other horrible stuff. The World Government itself is the greatest abuser of power...

And of course the marines imply they are the good guys. The reason for almost all of their acts is protecting the people(supposedly).

message 11: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments Well obviously the World government is very corrupt but would you say Aokiji or even Akainu are corrupt? Is Garp corrupt?
Not at all and most marines aren't corrupt either however they are constrained from giving their best by their corrupt superiors.

message 12: by Krystal (new)

Krystal Jewel Thomas (sorifant) description

description

description

message 13: by Tulika (last edited Apr 14, 2013 12:45AM) (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 94 comments Deeptanshu wrote: "Well obviously the World government is very corrupt but would you say Aokiji or even Akainu are corrupt? Is Garp corrupt?
Not at all and most marines aren't corrupt either however they are constrained from giving their best by their corrupt superiors. "

I wouldn't call Akainu corrupt, but his sense of justice is morbidly twisted. Do you really consider killing marines who are a little scared(or even running away from a fight) justice?! I don't have any ill-feelings towards Garp, Akainu or even Sengoku(and Smoker). But I shudder to think what the Marines might have become under Akainu.

I'm not saying the marines are essentially corrupt, very few of them actually are. But my point is the same as you made in the last line. What are they really accomplishing if they let the tenryubito do whatever they want. They're not even considering changing the huge amount of power the tenryubito have and how they abuse it...

message 14: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments Unfortunately I dont see what they can do to the Tenryubito. Those guys have way too much power and influence and any marine who tried to fight them would soon end uop dead and if the entire organisation fought them then who would fight the pirates?

message 15: by Tulika (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 94 comments The tenryubito have power because of the marines. They don't have to fight the tenryubito, just that the superior has to have the will to against them... But they don't even consider that aspect.

message 16: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments They command the loyalty of a lot of other people as well. Each of them has bodyguards and personal armed forces, plus they also have a lot of political influence. Besides who do you think pays for all those battleships and guns and fancy uniforms.

message 17: by Tulika (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 94 comments Obviously, overthrowing the tenryubito gives them access to all their wealth and assets. Also, most of their bodyguards are slaves who'd readily go against them, if freed. The Marines are strong enough to overthrow any other followers of the tenryubito.

message 18: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments But what do you think the pirates will be doing in this time of revolution? No matter how strong the marines are to overthrow a worldwide government is not an easy task, many states will side with the tenryubito.
There will be chaos and mayhem on an unprecedented scale.
So basically in a way the pirates are protecting the tenryubito, if the land was at peace I am sure the marines and the tenryubito would be at each others throats soon enough.

message 19: by Tulika (last edited Apr 16, 2013 02:59AM) (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 94 comments That may be, but that cannot be helped. All the pirates cannot be destroyed, they are too many, and too strong. But the tenryubito are few and weak(themselves). If there are many states who will be going against the marines(if they decide to take down the tenryubito) there are much more who will actually support the decision. But I agree that it will put the marines in a very vulnerable position.
In the end, its only the pirates or the revolutionary army who can defeat the tenryubito. The least that the marines can do is not stand in their way when the time comes...

message 20: by Suhasini $Masquerade With Death$ (last edited Apr 16, 2013 03:21AM) (new)

Tenryubito i agree are really weak themselves and I'm not so sure that even the Marines will go along with them or work under them forever. Well,if everyone does come together and unite to fight against the Tenryubito then it'll be a hell of a fight. But what will the Marines do? Fight for the Tenryubito or against them? If they decide to fight against them I'm sure the Tenryubito will not have a single chance of winning but will the Marines go below their self-dignity and pride to fight with the pirates even though it is against a common enemy?

message 21: by Ricardtaub (new)

Ricardtaub | 3 comments hi every one ... i made a my own grope but site not work then make it ... sorry for my bad English ...
i create a grop for home jobs ... so any one to have a link this topic to send the grope ...
see this link home tab for more detail ...
WWW.BIG76.COM

message 22: by Suhasini $Masquerade With Death$ (last edited Apr 16, 2013 03:32AM) (new)

Ricardtaub wrote: "hi every one ... i made a my own grope but site not work then make it ... sorry for my bad English ...
i create a grop for home jobs ... so any one to have a link this topic to send the grope ... ..."

No advertising allowed.

message 23: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments I don't think that the pirates will ever be able to completely unite against the tenryubito but perhaps Luffy can get some of the major groups in an alliance against them. But they will still probably need some support from the marines.
But frankly this is doubtful . Its more likely that the marines and the revolutionary army might make common cause to overthrow them.

Most probably the Revolutionary Army will be the ones who take action against the Tenryubito. But even if they do how strong are they? Will they be able to bring down the Tenryubito once and for all if the Marines unite with the Tenrubito?

message 25: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments If they were that strong they would have already done that. They need someone else to lend them support before they can even think of challenging the world government.

Yeah it'll be a really long time for the Revolutionary Army to challenge the World Government.I think some of the pirates may help them.

message 27: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments Sure many of them despise the world government after all. People like the Four emperors would love to see them go down into Davy jones locker.

But will they team up with the Revolutionary Army? Maybe. Hey and btw the identity of the 4th emperor is still unknown right?

message 29: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments Yeah its not revealed yet. They might just think they are using the rebels for their own purposes or something.

Yeah they might. I wanna see the tenryubito taken down and burnt to the ground!

message 31: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments The world will certainly be a lot better off if it was directly ruled by the marines.

Directly ruled by the marines? Maybe but I'm not so sure. It will be a whole lot better for sure but i dunno if it'll be too much better.

message 33: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments Well it cant be any worse than being ruled by the world government.

Yeah true that. A world without the World Government that would be really....?

message 35: by Tulika (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 94 comments Hmm... I'd prefer being ruled over by the marines than the World Government..

World without the World Government will really be more peaceful(ironic isn't it?)

message 37: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments At least they would get rid of things like slavery which are technically illegal but still prevalent amongst the tenryubito.

Hopefully

message 39: by Deeptanshu (last edited Apr 24, 2013 03:09AM) (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments Warning spoiler!
Speaking of Marines (view spoiler)

Shouldn't you tag spoiler alert?

message 41: by Deeptanshu (last edited Apr 23, 2013 09:07AM) (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments Oops my bad.
I edited it though.

message 43: by Tulika (last edited Apr 23, 2013 11:49PM) (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 94 comments Still not tagged.. you can mark it as spoiler by enclosing within spoiler tags.

And yeah, (view spoiler)

message 44: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments Yeah I agree with you(view spoiler)

message 45: by Tulika (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 94 comments Hmm.. (view spoiler)

message 46: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments No I don't think it was mentioned. (view spoiler)

message 47: by Tulika (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 94 comments Haha (view spoiler)

message 48: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments Yeah but that (view spoiler)

message 49: by Tulika (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 94 comments Well, it will be entertaining XD The new chapter must be coming out anytime now...

message 50: by Emrys (new)

Emrys (e-mrys) Smoker, Tashigi and Garp are hands down my favourite Marines but I'm sure I'll gain more as I continue the series! I have to catch up again!

« previous 1