Young Adult Contemporary Romance discussion

Breathe (Sea Breeze, #1)
This topic is about Breathe
❤ ARCHIVES > #14: Breathe by Abbi Glines (Dec 24-30)

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gisbelle This thread is for discussion on Breathe, the first book in Sea Breeze series by Abbi Glines

If you include spoiler in your post, please let others know.

message 2: by Pip (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pip (pippal) | 66 comments Breathe was just ok for me it's a nice story and i like sadie's character, however there was just no wow factor for me. I actually was kinda pulling for Marcus to get the girl even tho i knew he couldn't compete with Jax. proberly my least fav of the series, i didn't hate it just didn't love it either : )

Gisbelle I am going to read and find out, Pip. We are going to read only the first 2 books in the series, though, since the last 2 are a bit of New Adult books.

harshini  (watchmeread) | 523 comments The last two are New Adult that's sad :( but I think the stories are about different characters so I. Should be fine :)

Gisbelle Deepika read them and told me the language and some scenes are not suitable for young readers, so we have decided to change these 2 books and read something else. Of course, you can still read them if you are comfortable with that. just we are not going to discuss about them in the group.

I am sure I am going to read the whole series. :)

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie | 49 comments I didn't read this one because I accidentally read Because of Low first and I have issues back tracking. I've loved the rest of the series, I just can't go back and read this first one. The reviews on it weren't as good as the other books, and I didn't want to be disappointed. I'm weird :)

Gisbelle hehe :) I have read a few series books in wrong order too, but normally I come back to read the first one.

message 8: by Deepika (last edited Dec 25, 2012 11:02PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Deepika (deepika3) Please do not judge Because of Low (Sea Breeze, #2) by Abbi Glines because of this book!!
I hated Breathe! Some of u may like it but I hated it!
I loved Jax and Marcus though :P

I loved the next three parts! All the guys are so hot.. Need I say more? ;)

And yea.. There are a few adult scenes in the next three books!

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I enjoyed this book, an easy read but I am looking forward on Marcus' side.

Jax is a bit cheesy.. but sweet enough for Sadie and the little girl.

Gisbelle I'm reading it on Friday. Maybe. :)

Kellie This book just did not do it for me :( I had to force myself to even finish this book. Sadie’s character was just too naïve and unrealistic. I am debating if I even want to bother with Because of Low.

K~Terror (k-terror) I would agree with the others - the story was OK but no WOW factor. It seemed to move too fast and was fairly shallow.. I didn't really feel the love. I'm going to read the next one though since the comments mention the series gets better.

Gisbelle I just started and now in chapter 2.

Deepika (deepika3) Kellie wrote: "This book just did not do it for me :( I had to force myself to even finish this book. Sadie’s character was just too naïve and unrealistic. I am debating if I even want to bother with Because of Low."

Because of Low is nothing like Breathe.. As I said,do not judge that book because of this one...
I enjoyed Because of Low...

Gisbelle urg... I don't like Sadie's mother :( she's so irresponsible. Now reading chapter 4. I like the book so far :)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Gisbelle wrote: "urg... I don't like Sadie's mother :( she's so irresponsible. Now reading chapter 4. I like the book so far :)"

I agree about that. Poor Sadie. :(

message 17: by Gisbelle (last edited Dec 27, 2012 12:06AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gisbelle why do they wink so much? I can't remember the last time I winked lol. Now reading chapter 11

message 18: by Ying (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ying Yuvejwattana (yingjj) | 2 comments I enjoy Breath though. It's light and fun read for me. I guess because I like my hero to be famous guy. It always makes me swooonnnnnn ;-)

Purvika (frostybells) breathe was a good read though i liked marcus so i read the whole series n loved it

Maggie I started reading at about 11:30pm, it's now 3:27am my time and I can't put it down. Stopped only to find my charger because my nook said I needed to charge it. So far I am loving this read. Oh, I am on chapter 8. :-)

Maggie 6:30am and still haven't put the book down. Chapter 15. Feeling sorry for my kids, ill be in a semi-catatonic state today.

Gisbelle lol... Maggie :) Me too. I was going to call in sick :P Sometimes, I wish I were unemployed :) I really like this book. And some of us said they liked book 2 better. I am curious now. I am about to finish. Only a few more chapters to go.

Lorena I have to get this book today!!!

Gisbelle Lorena wrote: "I have to get this book today!!!"

Hooray!!!!

Maggie Gisbelle wrote: "lol... Maggie :) Me too. I was going to call in sick :P Sometimes, I wish I were unemployed :) I really like this book. And some of us said they liked book 2 better. I am curious now. I am about to..."

I just downloaded eight books with the gift cards I got for Christmas and I was so happy to see YACR chose this book because I have been wanting to read them. I am glad I chose to read this book before hopeless by Colleen Hoover.

Maggie I totally loved this book. I just did the math and it took me ten straight hours of reading to finish it. I was a great set up to what I am sure is going to make an excellent series to read. I fell in love with Marcus and also found myself rooting for him like other reviewers. I can't wait to read the next book. I agree with you GISBELLE, the mom totally pissed me off. It's sad to think that there may be teenagers out there in the real world living with so much responsibility. Love, love, loved it!!! Can't express that enough.

Gisbelle You are fast Maggie. The book is so cute, right? But now it's getting a bit cheesy and gooey for my taste. It's still enjoyable, though. And I still hate the mother :P

Gisbelle I didn't like Sadie character much. She was a bit too weak and naive. I loved Marcus, though. He was too good for Sadie anyway :D

Gisbelle Let me know how you feel during this scene:

Jessica slept all night, and if I tried to wake her, she burst into tears. When she cried, Sam cried, so I just left her alone.

Emily | 416 comments I thought it was ok but I may of liked it better if I. hadn't just read an awesome book right before. it was a cute story

Deepika (deepika3) Gisbelle wrote: "Let me know how you feel during this scene:

Jessica slept all night, and if I tried to wake her, she burst into tears. When she cried, Sam cried, so I just left her alone."

That I hate her mother!!

Gisbelle So do I X( She doesn't deserve to be a mother.

Purvika (frostybells) Oh I don't hate her cuz she was sick .... I can't comprehend what mother can do this to her children but I can't hate her and i think nor did Sadie

I felt anger ... Lots of anger

Gisbelle Libbie tole me that also in my blog when I reviewed this book that the mother was suffered from some depression. I can see that. Maybe it was because she was so stressed.

Purvika (frostybells) Yeah but she later realised and tried her best to help herself

Gisbelle Good point :)