Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

2012 Archives > Dec 2012: "The Goblin King" Discussion Thread *spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leah (new)

Leah | 100 comments I have almost all these feels about this book as well! It's been since September since I've read this and my friend has my copy, but I'll chime in with what I remember off hand. I may have to go pick up another copy and re-read this book though, I did love it so.
I think reading the Prequel first connected me more with Eliza. While she seemed a little lacking in the brains department at times, I still loved her for the most part.
I think you hit the nail on the head with the comparison of Sack Lodge and the fiancee. I wanted him to die in the worst possible way.
Everything about Roan is perfect... Right down to his goblin self. I loved how he took her to 'dream land' and gave her a bead from his hair. It showed he still had an innocent, romantic side after being cursed for a bajillion years.
The one thing I had a really big problem with was the cover art. I'm not saying that the Jensen Ackles look a like is the problem, but he looked NOTHING like Roan... AT ALL.

message 2: by Kamil (last edited Dec 26, 2012 11:23AM) (new)

Kamil | 938 comments Joia wrote: "Glad you liked his goblin self, too! This is going to be (PG rated) Share-Too-Much Day, but my favorite Disney "prince" is Robin Hood (the fox), followed by the Beast, and I always felt kind of worried about that :). Bonnie, can you help?"

you shouldn't be worried... after all you choosed the best ones.
Cindarella's prince had to try the shoes on the girl he spent an entire eve whith ( his eyes weren't looking at her face)
Sleeping beauty's prince was walking in far away woods trying to kiss a total stranger 9 that's what I call fast)
Aladin? He becomes rich to make Jasmine notice him (male gold-digger)
You just choosed the only two that were sincerely interested in their female counterpart.

And the cover art reminded me of the iron duke's cover art

message 3: by Leah (new)

Leah | 100 comments Kamil wrote: "Joia wrote: "Glad you liked his goblin self, too! This is going to be (PG rated) Share-Too-Much Day, but my favorite Disney "prince" is Robin Hood (the fox), followed by the Beast, and I always fel..."

Kam, don't forget about Eric from "The Little Mermaid"! He was looking for the girl with the great voice who saved his life! Granted they were only 16-18 years old, but it was still sweet.

Joia, while having romantic preferences is great, just remember that a lot of what we read can't be found in our normal every day lives. I'm not saying that every guy out there is a total douche and can't be romantic, I just don't want you to be disappointed with every guy that steps into your life because he can't live up to Seth, Beast, or Roan! You're a smart gal, so I'm assuming you know the difference, I just had to say it. <3
You definitely have nothing to worry about, I fall in love with the strangest of heroes. Your sister however, perhaps she needs a good VF book to read to correct her behavior!!! hahaha
Roan really IS just Roan... I couldn't imagine anyone playing him.

message 4: by Kamil (new)

Kamil | 938 comments Joia wrote: "Leah wrote: "Kamil wrote: "Joia wrote: "Glad you liked his goblin self, too! This is going to be (PG rated) Share-Too-Much Day, but my favorite Disney "prince" is Robin Hood (the fox), followed by ..."

are you telling me I'll never get a hickey from a space piratess/bounty huntress/vampiress ?

message 5: by Leah (new)

Leah | 100 comments You actually want the shapeshifting dino?!?!? Ungh! haha I'd rather have Roan any day... Or Death from the Alex Craft series. And if you're strictly talking about the balls out, peeing on everything, mine mine MINE kind of guy - I'd pick Raphael from the Guild Hunter series, hands down.

Eric really does have the perfect hair.... (swoon)

/Huggles I understand the need for the type of guy to maybe take action once in a while. I'll have to go find that thread you're talking about so I can voice my opinion about my feels.

message 6: by Kamil (new)

Kamil | 938 comments Leah wrote: "You actually want the shapeshifting dino?!?!? Ungh! haha I'd rather have Roan any day... Or Death from the Alex Craft series. And if you're strictly talking about the balls out, peeing on everythin..."

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 7: by Leah (new)

Leah | 100 comments Thanks, Kam!

message 8: by Leah (new)

Leah | 100 comments Isn't her short Prequel to The Goblin King also a free read?

hahaha Vanilla lotion....... oh the horrible-ness.

message 9: by Leah (new)

Leah | 100 comments "Is there clove lotion? Whiskey and leather lotion? Leather conditioner! "

My boyfriend is so confused as to why this comment made my laugh so hard I couldn't breathe.

Clove lotion wouldn't be so bad!! Leather smell would be too weird, and I think Whiskey scented anything would get a lot of doods harassed by the police.

message 10: by Kamil (last edited Dec 31, 2012 03:59AM) (new)

Kamil | 938 comments Joia wrote: "Leah wrote: "My boyfriend is so confused as to why this comment made my laugh so hard I couldn't breathe. "

That just made my day :) Thank you!

Leah wrote: "Clove lotion wouldn't be so bad!!..."
..."

you really would like to smell a zombie/vampire or even a goblin? but getting back to Axe smell "For men who like women who like oily chest" Old spice already went that way * the add might be NSFW* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX5au0...

message 11: by Leah (new)

Leah | 100 comments Hahahahaha Joia, you're my favorite. /love

message 12: by Leah (new)

Leah | 100 comments Haha Joia, you know I enjoy the sap! Also, my boyfriend gets his bodywash from Bath and Bodyworks. They have some pretty good dood smells. Oak and Noir are his two favorite. ;)

message 13: by Leah (new)

Leah | 100 comments And Happy New Year!!!

message 14: by Kamil (new)

Kamil | 938 comments it's excactely midnight so happy 2013

message 15: by Leah (new)

Leah | 100 comments Joia, you didn't read The Summons first?!?! I feel like you got jipped.... I read The Summons first and I feel that without having read it, the story would have been a little confusing at the beginning. And their adorable scene in the dream land was so fantastical.... I wanna be there all the time! haha

He is all Greek letters, he's just that amaZing. (with a capital Z) And yes, that, all the time, that.

message 16: by Tegan (new)

Tegan (joggiwagga) | 276 comments Well now I just need to post this, since we're talking like smelling like various supernaturals:

Smell like a Jager Monster (from Girl Genius)
http://www.zomgsmellsshop.com/officia...

Zomg Smells does some hysterical perfumes, like "Wrestling Tigers While Calling Your Mom:

There are days when you are doing absolutely everything, and somehow you manage to balance it all with aplomb. This scent is for those days, both to reward you for coping well and to encourage it to continue: earth to ground you, incense to soothe the scattered mind and help you collect your thoughts, beloved frankincense for a touch of ancient luxury in your everyday life, two steady woods, and a sweet cola drink to help keep you perky and alert.

Incense, cola, frankincense, woods both sharp and creamy, and a hint of rich, grounding earth."