BLH's Comfy Couch discussion

Daily Chit Chat > What Are You Reading?

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Donna (BLHmistress) (BLHmistress) | 110 comments Mod
What are you reading today?

message 2: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (Greeneys6) | 6 comments Right now I'm on Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione . I've been listening to these on Audio instead of reading. That way I can listen while I crochet or knit

I am currently reading Moonlight by Katie Salidas

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan | 54 comments Reading The Witch's Dream (The Order of the Black Swan, #2) by Victoria Danann - so far not as good as the first book - but I just started it...

I have the first book, need to start it. You say it was good?

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan | 54 comments yeah - had some interesting twists to what vamps are - The main guys are vamp hunters but only when they get too many in numbers and start killing. The rest...
you'll have to see for yourself! lol

LOL, Might start that one later after I finish Moonlight.

message 8: by Clayton (new)

Clayton Barter | 12 comments right now i am currently reading Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) by Christopher Paolini someone told me it was good so i started reading it. but today during our port visit to muscat i picked up a copy of The Children of Húrin and now i kinda want to start that...lol but ill have to finish eragon first

That's another I been wanting to read, maybe next year LOL. I do that a lot other books catch my attention and can't wait to start them while reading what I'm reading. If that makes sense LOL.

message 10: by Clayton (new)

Clayton Barter | 12 comments lol yes i does make sense. happens to me alot. i was just surprise to find this book muscat of all places..lol

Fate's Design by Lola James I'm currently reading. Not sure what I'm reading next I got a tbr list a mile long.

message 12: by Clayton (new)

Clayton Barter | 12 comments forget the list and read The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss you wont regret it :P

Thanks for the suggestion definitely will check it out and let you know what I think.

message 14: by Karyn (new)

Karyn Gerrard I am reading Married to the Viscount Picked up a hardcover of this book at a second hand book store. I am halfway through and enjoying it immensely! Always love reading Sabrina Jeffries~

message 15: by Donna (BLHmistress) (last edited Dec 30, 2012 11:58AM) (new)

I just finished Fate's Design by Lola James and Bound to Remember (Spellbound, #1) by Lola James and they were fantastic so I moved on to Unbound by Lola James

message 16: by Susan (new)

Susan | 54 comments Debbie wrote: "Right now I'm on Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione. I've been listening to these on Audio instead of reading. That way I can listen while I crochet or knit"

Hey Debbie - what do you crochet? been doing it long? Love being a "hooker" ! lol

message 17: by Susan (new)

Susan | 54 comments Karyn - What genre is Married to the Viscount - Victorian Romance ? ( aka bodice ripper! lol)

message 18: by Susan (new)

Susan | 54 comments hay gang --- favor?

list the GENRE when you post what you're reading ??
just quick description will do - then we can decide if we will read it...
I'm way too far over the line to read much else but PNR or PNRe... some vick-roms - but I want some SPICE in my reading! so... comtemp-rom isn't so much my thing

and I hate CARTOON book covers?!?!?!? what's with that ?
what do YOU think ??

message 19: by Donna (BLHmistress) (last edited Jan 07, 2013 11:13AM) (new)

Yea it looks like Married to the Viscount is - Historical. We could do that :) Generally you will see I pretty much read all paranormal too but I do love Historical.

I didn't use to like them but I found some awesome books with those types of covers. What I just finished for example were awesome.

message 20: by Donna (BLHmistress) (last edited Jan 07, 2013 11:14AM) (new)

Just finished Haunted on Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun, #1) by Deanna Chase and just started The Vampire's Hope by Danica Winters

message 21: by Karyn (last edited Jan 07, 2013 12:57PM) (new)

Karyn Gerrard *ARK* wrote: "Karyn - What genre is Married to the Viscount - Victorian Romance ? ( aka bodice ripper! lol)"

*ARK* wrote: "Debbie wrote: "Right now I'm on Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione. I've been listening to these on Audio instead of reading. That way I can listen while I crochet or knit"

Hey Debbie - what do..."

Hi Ark~ It is Historical, set in the regency period. It certainly was a bodice ripper! A very good read, I gave it 4 out of 5.

Haunted on Bourbon Street is a paranormal, about a woman that moves into a haunted apartment and she has tons of problems after that. It was such a fun read. Gave it 5 out of 5.

The Vampire's Hope- I am only 10 percent into it but it's a paranormal as well.

Finished Witches of Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun, #2) by Deanna Chase and started Demons of Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun, #3) by Deanna Chase

message 24: by Angela Moxon (new)

Angela Moxon | 8 comments Mod
right now I'm re-reading Lord of the rings.... yeah I'm a nerd I know lol

message 25: by Angela Moxon (new)

Angela Moxon | 8 comments Mod
oh yeah... I'm also reading 11/22/63 by Stephen King.... anyone else read more than one book at a time or am I alone in this LOL

Just Finished Demons of Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun, #3) by Deanna Chase and Started Strange Neighbors (Strange Neighbors, #1) by Ashlyn Chase

Strange Neighbors (Strange Neighbors, #1) by Ashlyn Chase finished

currently reading Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison

and Moonlight by Katie Salidas

message 28: by Susan (new)

Susan | 54 comments Karyn wrote: "*ARK* wrote: "Karyn - What genre is Married to the Viscount - Victorian Romance ? ( aka bodice ripper! lol)"

*ARK* wrote: "Debbie wrote: "Right now I'm on Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione. I..."

sounds GOOD!

message 29: by Susan (new)

Susan | 54 comments Donna (BLHmistress) wrote: "Strange Neighbors (Strange Neighbors, #1) by Ashlyn Chasefinished

and Moonlight by Katie Salidas"

and what genre are these ???

message 30: by Susan (new)

Susan | 54 comments Donna (BLHmistress) wrote: "Strange Neighbors (Strange Neighbors, #1) by Ashlyn Chasefinished

and Moonlight by Katie Salidas"

GENRE ?

sorry lol paranormal

message 32: by Susan (new)

Susan | 54 comments thnx

your welcome you will find I read tons of paranormal

message 34: by Susan (new)

Susan | 54 comments have you read these? They're ALL good but some are GREAT!

* GOOD
** REALLLY GOOD

**Carpathians (C. Feehan)
**Argeneau Vamps (L. Sands)
**Love at Stake series (K. Sparks)
**Nightwalker series (J. Frank)
Immortals after Dark - IAD --(Kresley Cole)
*Atlantis series (G. Showalter)
Black Dagger Brotherhood --BDB --(J.R. Ward)
Dragon Kin (G.A. Aiken, a/k/a/ Shelly Laurenston)
*The Mane Event series (Shelly Laurenston)
**Night Huntress (Jeaniene Frost)
*Warriors of Poseidon (Alyssa Day)
**The Dark Hunters (Sherrilyn Kenyon)
**The Cat Star Chronicles (Cheryl Brooks)
**Breeds (Lora Leigh)
The Color Guards (Susan Firtik)Me!
Midnight Breeds (Lara Adrian)
*Paladins of Darkness (Alexis Morgan)
*Brotherhood of Blood (Kathryn Smith)
The Moon series (Rebecca York)
**Cyborg Seduction series (Laurann Dohner)
**New Species series (Laurann Dohner )
**Brides of the Kindred (Evangeline Anderson)
*Lords of the Underworld -LoTU-(Gena Showalter)
**Highlanders (Karen Marie Moning)

I have read and love IAD,Atlantis series,BDB,Warriors of Poseidon,The Dark Hunters(my absolute favorite),Midnight Breed,LOTU.

message 36: by Susan (new)

Susan | 54 comments Donna (BLHmistress) wrote: "I have read and love IAD,Atlantis series,BDB,Warriors of Poseidon,The Dark Hunters(my absolute favorite),Midnight Breed,LOTU."

you should read the CYBORG series! yummmmmy x 10

message 37: by Susan (new)

Susan | 54 comments Cat Star Chronicles is unique and really wonderful!
The "men" are special... cat like features and names.. but they have a special attribute involving their penis'. tee hee - not gonna telllll not gonna tell!

sounds like my type of reads. Gonna have to check them out.

message 39: by Susan (last edited Jan 18, 2013 08:07PM) (new)

Susan | 54 comments Reading "A midsummer's Night Heat" by Judy Mays and I'm at the point where a female shifter was out running as wolf... she comes across injured (gunshot) male shifter in wolf form...

Here's a quote:
"You're still alive. Good thing for you those guys are lousy shots."
After one last glance over her shoulder. (for the shooters) Belle wrapped her anus around the wolf and hoisted it over her shoulder with a grunt."

Not only are her sentences half-sentences, but that one word just made me howl out loud!

Lol that's funny. haven't read today we watched movies.

Finished both of these, they are paranormal Moonlight by Katie Salidas and Tiger's Eye (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #3) by Barbra Annino well the second is more Urban Fantasy.

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: (vanesmate) Hey Donna! What's been going on.....

Hey how are you doing? :) It's been so long. I'm good and you?

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: (vanesmate) I know right! I've jut been busy for a while...job searching. Then last week my father passed away and I had all my aunts n uncles here from out of town.

Shits been so hectic that I still have yet to read the latest Dark Hunter book...lol!

Oh I'm so sorry about your father, are you doing okay?

Did you hear Styxx's book is next :)

message 46: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden Listening to TRACE--Patricia Cornwell. reading Fade Away--Harlan Coben and The Stand--Stephen King
+