BLH's Comfy Couch discussion

Welcome and Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Donna (BLHmistress) (BLHmistress) | 110 comments Mod
Welcome to BLH's Comfy Couch, step in and introduce yourself. Where you from? What is your favorite genres? And anything else you would like to tell us.

message 2: by Kim (new)

Kim culbertson (kimculbertson) | 1 comments Ello! i'm Kim, favorite genre is Erotica..but love to read just about anything!
i'm from Ohio

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (Greeneys6) | 6 comments Hello. Thanks for the invite Donna. I'm also from Ohio. I do a lot of crocheting and counted cross stitch. I'm also teaching myself to knit. As far as genre I love erotica. I love and read a lot of M/M. My two absolute favs are menage and light bdsm. I also love a good thriller now and then to break things up. What I don't like is anything historical or regency. And I don't like F/F. In fact I won't even read a book that has that in it. Other than that I'll give anything a try.

Welcome Kim and Debbie! I am originally from Ohio too. I love Erotica as well. I haven't read any M/M though but I found just this year I love BDSM. I love Paranormal and Urban Fantasy they are my favorites.

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan | 54 comments Howdy all! I'm in Arkansas - and yes we have paved roads and indoor plumbing! (Can you believe someone asked me that as recently as a few years ago?!) lol

I live on a hobby farm (and I have LOTS of hobbies) I have pygmy goats to keep my land clear (10 ac) and when they have kids I sell them (AS PETS! ain't nobody gonna eat MY babies!) Recently adopted an abandoned burro - named him Homer. He protects my babies. Labs outside and an old (15) one inside until... well we won't talk about that yet..

Then there's chickens -for their fresh eggs, a wild turkey, a guinea and one loose rooster who's great at eatin' bugs! I need a few more of them!

I also work full time as executive asst., I READ a lot! Mostly PNR with spice and very lite BDSM to break it up. I LOVE shifters! Were-cats, were wolves, were ANYTHING! they're so hot and animal-istic! yowwwerrr!

I crochet, work with crafts (but NOT EVER scrapbooking!)1`````````` (that last part was typed by my cat Salem she's SUPPOSED to be outside with the other 2!) ha

I have 2 other inside cats and my "baby" Izzy - Shih Tzu - she has our hearts! Best dog EVER.

Crochet, work with crafts (mostly wood) amateur photog, avid flower gardener,and I'm desperately trying to finish my 3rd book in a series (The Color Guard) HOT PNR.

TMI ?

Welcome ARK, LOL, I can believe it. aw pygmy goats are so cute.

I love paranormal too. mainly vampires but shifters are close second.

I crochet not as much as I used too though. Never too much TMI :)

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan | 54 comments Counting books read in another group and I'm up to 189 for the year!!
In the middle of my Shifters are Vamps and yeah... I like them too - I just want my "man" to be available during the day also! lol

LOL, I'm a vampire lover maybe that is the reason I am a night owl.

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan | 54 comments me too - cannot go to sleep before 11 or 12 and I only go to bed THEN because I HAVE to get up at 6
ugh
hubby calls me his vampire

message 10: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (Greeneys6) | 6 comments I love vampires and shifters also.

I'm a night owl also. I don't generally get to sleep until around 2am and sometimes later. And I'm like ARK, I only go to bed then because I know DH will wake me when he gets up. He couldn't be quiet if you paid him. LOL

LOL, My DH had to get up at 3:30 at his last job so I would stay up until he left then go to bed until 6 then have to wake my son up for school then once he is gone I would go back to bed.

message 12: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (Greeneys6) | 6 comments We are both retired so we don't really have to be in bed at any certain time. But I think DH figures if he's up I should be too. Sometimes it's aggravating.

Yea my DH is like that sometimes too :)

message 14: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Ruffin (poetic_mother) | 1 comments Danielle from Michigan! Paranormal romances are my stuff!

Welcome Danielle, They are my stuff too :) Who's Your Favorite?

message 16: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Brown | 1 comments Donna (BLHmistress) wrote: "Welcome to BLH's Comfy Couch, step in and introduce yourself. Where you from? What is your favorite genres? And anything else you would like to tell us."

hello there everyone my name is Kerri ~ I love to read anything I can get my hands on ~ I live in Auburn, Ga.

Hi Kerri welcome, I used to live in GA a few years ago near Savannah.

message 18: by Susan (new)

Susan | 54 comments Debbie wrote: "I love vampires and shifters also.

I'm a night owl also. I don't generally get to sleep until around 2am and sometimes later. And I'm like ARK, I only go to bed then because I know DH will wake m..."

lol I think it's in the male gene!

message 19: by Susan (new)

Susan | 54 comments Donna (BLHmistress) wrote: "Hi Kerri welcome, I used to live in GA a few years ago near Savannah."

I lived in an Atlanta suburb 2x - once in Marietta and once in Alpharetta.

message 20: by Susan (new)

Susan | 54 comments Danielle wrote: "Danielle from Michigan! Paranormal romances are my stuff!"

I was born in Detroit!

(I can't help it - I was an IBM brat and we moved a LOT --6x before I was 10--and then I married an IBMr--WHY!?-- and we moved 6 x im 14 years)

I was an Army Brat. I moved around alot when until I was 11 years old.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

hi im monika live in michigan. i love erotica, bdsm, m/m, vamps, werewolfs well slomost everything. im a mom and wife. got 3 boys and when two of them are in school all i do it read after my housework is done. i hope to make some new friends here

Hi Monika Welcome, I love vamps :) with Werewolves a close second then witches, Greek Gods.. My list goes on and on. I got one teen boy who is a nonreader. :(.

Hope you enjoy yourself here and if there is anything you would like to see let me know.

message 24: by Clayton (new)

Clayton Barter | 12 comments hey i am Clayton from Victoria, BC, Canada. you can call me clayton or clay doesnt really matter to me. enjoy reading anytime of fantasy, and some sci-fi. didnt realy start reading alot to i joined the navy. i find it a great past time on ship, and now i cant stop reading...lol right now i am on an 8month deployment were i am now currently reading my 16th book so far on this deployment. just join goodreads yesterday thought it would be fun. and this is my first group i joined dont know how they really work but looks like fun thought i would give it a go.

Hi Clay welcome! I am an army brat( my dad was in the army for 21 years)So I know all about deployment. Reading is a great way to pass the time. What type of books do you like?

Glad you chose this group as your first group feel free to post away. If there is a topic you like to discuss let me know :).

message 26: by Clayton (new)

Clayton Barter | 12 comments my favourite book is the name of the wind by patrick rothfuss and the second book the wise mans fear. but harry potter and lord of the rings will always have a special place in my heart.

I love Harry Potter, I been wanting to read Lord of The Rings but I haven't yet. My son did get me The Hobbit for Christmas so I can at least start with that one :).

message 28: by Clayton (new)

Clayton Barter | 12 comments hobbit is a good read. and so is lord of the rings you will love it. just picked up another to lkien book today the children of hurin which takes place before the hobbit but has nothing really to do with the war of the ring

message 29: by Karyn (new)

Karyn Gerrard Hi to all, Karyn Gerrard here. I am an avid reader and also an erotic romance author! Great to meet everyone~

I am from Canada, and in romance I adore Historicals and Paranormals, though read just about any sub-genre. I am old school, even though I have a Kindle (and write e-books) I still prefer a book in my hand. I think I just aged myself ;) Cheers~

Welcome Karyn, I loved your My Vampire Cover Model can't wait for My Highlander Cover Model.

Paranormal and Historicals are truly my favorite too though I am trying to branch out. I love paperback too just have gotten a bit spoiled with my Kindle.

message 31: by Karyn (new)

Karyn Gerrard Donna (BLHmistress) wrote: "Welcome Karyn, I loved your My Vampire Cover Model can't wait for My Highlander Cover Model.

Paranormal and Historicals are truly my favorite too though I am trying to branch out. I love paperback..."

Thanks so much! I had just as much fun writing Highlander Cover Model as I did the vampire one!

It was such a fun read, :) those are my two favorite types to read about now What books are your favorites always looking for new books. Though my TBR is neverending LOL.

message 33: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanieq) | 1 comments Hi I'm Stephanie and I'm from New Hampshire where the hills and dales are currently blanketed in pristine white snow and it's breathtakingly beautiful (to look at from inside my warm cozy home!)
I love to read romantic comedies, romantic suspense and thriller/action adventures too.
Glad to be in your group!

message 34: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (Greeneys6) | 6 comments Hello Clayton, Karyn and Stephanie. Nice to "meet" you.

Clayton....I'm glad you've found that reading books is a great way to pass the time. Be Safe

Karyn....I like regular books, but since I've had my Kindle I am so spoiled. I can lay it down and not lose my place. I can use TTS and listen to the book. It took me a while to get usef to the robotic voice but now I don't mind. Plus I can increase the font size. I think that's the main reason I like the Kindle so much. I can just lay it on the arm of the chair and keep right on reading.

Stephanie... I'm in Ohio. We had our first real snow the day after Christmas. We got near 7". That's more than we got total last winter. So while I hate snow we really need it this winter to get our water tables back up.

So welcome everyone.

Hi Stephanie Welcome, Glad to have you all here. If you see or would like to see something in this group, please don't hesitate in posting or letting me know. :) Happy New Year's Eve everyone!

message 36: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden hI AGAIN dONNA! I'm Sonya M, from Vernon, CT. I now live down by the shoreline. its a nice area.
I'll have plenty of time to read; I sprained my back doing laundry. It really hurts without percocet. I spent yesterday in the hospital. Happy 2013!

Welcome Sonya :) glad to have you here. Happy 2013 to you too. Hope you feel welcome here and post anything and everything you want.

message 38: by Susan (new)

Susan | 54 comments Danielle wrote: "Danielle from Michigan! Paranormal romances are my stuff!"

ditto! with SPICE tho... gotta have me some shifter lovin' !!
lol

:) shifter lovin' is so nice I agree.

message 40: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden Right now I'm reading the hunt for red october, by tom clancy

I loved the movie, I really would love to read the book

message 42: by Angela Moxon (new)

Angela Moxon | 8 comments Mod
Hi!!! I'm Angel and I'm Donn'a BFF LOL!! I live in pittsburgh Pa and I'll read just about anything though my favorite genre is Sci-fi/fantasy or basically anything geeky or nerdy. (just look through my reviews on here... you'll see, I am basically just..wierd.) anyway hi ho to all!

I am so glad to have you here it might just be us chitchatting for awhile though LOL.

message 44: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden Donna (BLHmistress) wrote: "I loved the movie, I really would love to read the book"

I will give it to you when I'm done, ok?

message 45: by Angela Moxon (new)

Just like old times then eh Donna? LOL

message 46: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden I did a light workout and wrote for a while, a book on chronic pain. I'm no dr but it is my own experience with it.

okay Sonya that would be great,

LOL yea Ang hopefully get more chitchatting and doing challenges as well.

Sonya- sounds like a good book. writing is theraputic.

Ang you disappear?

message 49: by Angela Moxon (new)

no im here just been waitin to hear from you on FB or Phone Girl im good with computer stuff im so freakin lost over on this thing!!! i need HELP and like um.. guidance! I dont even kow how to find different sections in the group! I can mod when i dont know whats going on lmfao!!! or how to work stuffs!!!

LOL okay. I will get on FB and try and walk you thru it. It's really simple once you get started.

« previous 1