Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Red Country (First Law World, #6)
This topic is about Red Country
The First Law Series > Red Country Part II-Fellowship

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
This fellowship is pretty funny-Just from the characters we DO know, we can figure about half of these people aren't who theyre saying they are!

This could prove very interesting!

Sorry about being away from posting the last couple days. I suddenly have a five year old in my care, and forgot how little you can manage to get done around one!

Hanne (hanne2) Of course, why look for a "new life" if the previous one was good?

I liked how Temple joined the Fellowship, being fished up and now hearing every morning what his debt is.

David Sven (gorro) | 123 comments Hanne wrote: "Of course, why look for a "new life" if the previous one was good?

I liked how Temple joined the Fellowship, being fished up and now hearing every morning what his debt is."

I like how it initially never occurred to him that he would have to pay the money back.

Hanne (hanne2) I guess he still thinks he can sneak off one day.

David Sven (gorro) | 123 comments I wonder if Abercrombie will finally invent someone who becomes "a better man."

Hanne (hanne2) we don't know much of it, but Logen seemed to have been one in his first few years as 'Lamb'?

message 7: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee (kiwifirst) I like the temple/shy relationship, it is developing very well.
Plenty of blood sweat and tears when making a deep with sweet eh?

message 8: by David Sven (last edited Dec 23, 2012 02:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

David Sven (gorro) | 123 comments @Hanne - Yes. He's definitely been trying to avoid any sort of violence or confrontation. A bit like the Hulk, just trying to keep the beast calm.

@Lee - Yeah we can see where that's headed.
I've got a 5 day weekend - so very little driving = very little listening. I'll have to go visit a lot of relatives or something so I can turn the audiobook back on - except they're just down the road. Anyone else have relatives I can visit?

message 9: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee (kiwifirst) Lol, you could nip down here for a coffee, tat will get the audio going a good while :)

Where is the book 3 thread, I am loving the description of Crease.

David Sven (gorro) | 123 comments Yeah Ha Ha. Definitely a book's worth of driving. I'm also loving Crease. It has a very Deadwood feel about it. One thing that show did well was mud and horse crap and corrupt self appointed leaders.

message 11: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee (kiwifirst) Lmao, I just hopped on here to say "welcome to Deadwood" and you beat me to it. Golden turned out different than expected, I guess they're all getting old. But I will say, "bye bye Lamb, hello Logan"

message 12: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
Yes Lee, I think how Lamb slowly reverted back to Logan was very well done!

and Temple is becoming very interesting...

message 13: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee (kiwifirst) I like Temple and I think him and Sworbreck will be having some soul searching together soon.

message 14: by Eric (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eric Zawadzki | 46 comments Definitely playing with Western tropes in some fun ways. Good old Bloody Nine negotiation tactics. Loved the ploy at the toll bridge.

I really have no idea what is going on with the stolen children, now. I thought it was as simple as selling them to slavers or eaters as part of another of the Prophet's war with Bayaz, but now that seems to be shot to hell. Maybe has something to do with the disease killing the natives and fighting that? I guess we'll see when we see.