Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

J.R. Ward
This topic is about J.R. Ward
Archive (Buddy Reads) > 2013: A Year of J R Ward

Comments Showing 1-50 of 331 (331 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19823 comments Welcome to the 2013 buddy read of the books written by J.R. Ward.

We started with a list of 47 nominated authors. This was culled down through voting to the Top 11 authors. 184 members voted in our final voting round. Of them, 54 voted to buddy-read the books written by J.R. Ward during 2013.

It is now over to the interested members to work out which books you want to read (or reread).

Thanks to all the members who participated in this process!

message 2: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Apr 19, 2013 03:04PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 19823 comments I would suggest that the group read the books in order however you can also read JR's books, commenting without spoilers, as desired...

Black Dagger Brotherhood
1. Dark Lover
2. Lover Eternal
3. Lover Awakened
4. Lover Revealed
5. Lover Unbound
6. Lover Enshrined
6.5 Father Mine: Zsadist and Bella's Story
7. Lover Avenged
8. Lover Mine
9. Lover Unleashed
10. Lover Reborn
11. Lover At Last

The Fallen Angels
1. Covet
2. Crave
3. Envy
4. Rapture

BDB: Slices of Life (short stories)
1. In the Nature of Phury
2. Movie Night
3. The Interview That Never Happened
4. Wrath and the Letter Opener

Other
The Black Dagger Brotherhood: An Insider's Guide
Dead After Dark - The Story of Son (not related to any series?)

Writing as Jessica Bird
An Unforgettable Lady series
1. An Unforgettable Lady
2. An Irresistible Bachelor

The Moorehouse Legacy
1. Beauty and the Black Sheep aka The Rebel
2. His Comfort and Joy aka The Player
3. From the First
4. A Man in a Million

The O'Banyon Brothers
1. The Billionaire Next Door

Other
Leaping Hearts
Heart of Gold

message 3: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Jul 15, 2013 01:23AM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 19823 comments The 'buddies' in this annual read:

Karen
Breann
Shi
Cheryl
Ash
Pat
Makenzie
Kami
Sandra J
Maggie
Mayra
Vilda
Marilyn
Tiara
Lily
Patricia
Zina
Shannon
Debbie
Sarah
Robin
MountainKat
Jensine
Lirajean
Rebecca
Melody
Daffodil
Brittany
Valerie
Joyce
Lauren
Monica
Roxy
Nikita
Ruby
Amber
Shan
Cupcake Cassie
Diandra
Questian
Sharon
Skandia
Tiffany
Libby
Questian
Mary

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Im in :)

message 5: by Breann (new)

Breann | 0 comments I would love to reread this series!

message 6: by Shirene (new)

Shirene (loveromancetales) | 45 comments I haven't had the pleasure of reading any of JR Ward's work. I'm in. Which of her books/series are we reading?

message 7: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cawils_99) I have only read Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward and I would love to read more of this series.

message 8: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19823 comments Shi wrote: "I haven't had the pleasure of reading any of JR Ward's work. I'm in. Which of her books/series are we reading?"

I would suggest that the group read the books in order but that you could also read her other books as desired...

I'll put the books of the Black Dagger Brotherhood in the second post (in order) along with JR's other books for reference purposes.

message 9: by *Ash* (new)

*Ash* (ashdex) | 18 comments This sounds fun, especially with "Lover at Last" coming out next year. Plus I love her work! Rhage is my fav!

message 10: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t you are so tempting me to a re-read. count me in

message 11: by Makenzie (new)

Makenzie (makenziefay) | 496 comments I'm in!! I'm new to JR Ward. Just read the first book of her BDB series a couple of weeks ago so I'd love to read the series with y'all!

message 12: by Kami (new)

Kami (aidansmama) | 973 comments I will jump in when you get to Rapture of the The Fallen Angels series and Lover Avenged of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. I've read the ones before that.

message 13: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments Kami - i don't think we are doing her books in any particular order - so you can start whenever

message 14: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 366 comments I've read and enjoyed four of the BDB books though I have all but the last one in the stash. Maybe I'll actually get through them all in a buddy read.

message 15: by Maggie (new)

Maggie  (maggie003) | 51 comments Count me in, I read the first from black dagger brotherhood and I want to read the rest of J.R. Ward books :)

message 16: by Mayra (new)

Mayra (kaligurl_7) | 77 comments im all caught up with BDB but, im curious about the buddy reads and i wouldnt mid re reading my favorites.... plus the new one comes out 2013 :) cant wait... and if we read her other series im down for that too

message 17: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Slagel | 84 comments I'm in! I'll start with the first one. She is new to me. Looking forward to it.

message 18: by Madarra (new)

Madarra Starr (madarrastarr) I'm in

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I shall start with "dark lover" from tomorrow! I don't mind re-reading it...last time, I got so caught up, I did not sleep until like 3.30am to finish this book....highly likely missed bits.

;)

message 20: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Solla (tedebear1998) | 244 comments I'm in for starting with Dark Lover. It's the only book I read (in August) and I wouldn't mind rereading it and discussing with the group.

message 21: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Slagel | 84 comments Are we supposed to read 1 a week or what? I'm new to this year long challenge and totally green.

message 22: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19823 comments Marilyn wrote: "Are we supposed to read 1 a week or what? I'm new to this year long challenge and totally green."

It's up to you Marilyn, but I would suggest that you target one each month :)

message 23: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Slagel | 84 comments Thanks, Jane!

message 24: by Rosina (new)

Rosina | 0 comments I'm up for this challenge...meaning to get these read ...

message 25: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (shylersmom) | 109 comments I'm in! Have wanted to read the black dagger series so now is as good a time as any!

message 26: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (db_debber) | 2757 comments Can I just do the Fallen Angels series?
New job leaves almost no time for reading but I bet I can squeeze a few in.

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 53 comments I am planning to read Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I have heard great things about this series. Looking forward to it!

message 28: by Robin (new)

Robin | 1 comments I'm in!!

message 29: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11051 comments Debbie wrote: "Can I just do the Fallen Angels series?
New job leaves almost no time for reading but I bet I can squeeze a few in."

Debbie,

You can read anything written by her for this challenge. No need to stick to the BDB :)

message 30: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (db_debber) | 2757 comments Fantastic, I am all caught up on the BDB series - really enjoyed it.
Thanks Fran it's been a long time - I have missed all my GR friends :)

message 31: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments we'll get them up - but she also has stand-alone romances written under the name Jessica Bird - if you need a break from BDB or have read them all

FionaBluesBookCafe (ladykati) | 79 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "I would suggest that the group read the books in order however you can also read JR's books, commenting without spoilers, as desired...

Black Dagger Brotherhood

1. Dark Lover
2. Lover Eternal
3. ..."

You should really read Wrath and the Letter Opener before Father Mine: Zsadist and Bella's Story if you haven't read them.

message 33: by Macwolf01 [Elise] (last edited Dec 28, 2012 09:18PM) (new)

Macwolf01 [Elise] (macwolf01) | 1012 comments Quick question J.R. Ward originally wrote under her maiden name Jessica Bird, several of these books (6 I believe) are being re-released any possibility of adding them to the list of readable books??

J.R.Ward's website

message 34: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20264 comments I plan on joining this one. I have Dark Lover penciled in for January.

message 35: by Jensine (last edited Jan 08, 2013 08:41PM) (new)

Jensine (jj1982) | 89 comments RRRC Dare you to read challenge-2013: A Year of J R Ward
Finished
Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward

I'm in!

figuranta❤️addicted❤️to❤️books❤️ (figuranta) i read all this series but i can't wait lover at last

message 37: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19823 comments Sorry Elise - I'm adding Jessica Bird's books this evening when I get time. (Hopefully now depending on my husband's movements...)

message 38: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Slagel | 84 comments MountainKat wrote: "I plan on joining this one. I have Dark Lover penciled in for January."

I'm reading D. Lover now, MK. It's good, and I'm gladd there is a glossary of terms in the front of the book. Many new vampire terms for me to learn.

message 39: by Lirajean (new)

Lirajean | 60 comments I'm new to this group but I recognize some names from other groups so I'm going to try this challenge.

I've read the books but have been planning to re-read them all so it will be fun to do with others. JRW is really an awesome writer.

message 40: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20264 comments Marilyn wrote: "MountainKat wrote: "I plan on joining this one. I have Dark Lover penciled in for January."

I'm reading D. Lover now, MK. It's good, and I'm gladd there is a glossary of terms in the front of th..."

It is confusing! Hopefully since these will all be rereads for me I won't have the issues I had when I first read them a few years ago. I started these before I got my Kindle so it was easy to refer back when necessary! I am really looking forward to going back to the beginning and visiting the brothers all over again!

message 41: by Becca (new)

Becca (ladybeccaboo) | 40 comments Loved Dark Lover... looking forward to this.

Macwolf01 [Elise] (macwolf01) | 1012 comments No worries Jane(PS) I just wanted to join in with some of those as I'm caught up on the BDB series. Thanks E

I'll start with An Unforgettable Lady (An Unforgettable Lady, #1) by J.R. Ward

message 43: by Melody (new)

Melody Litzinger | 6 comments I am in I will start when u get to Lover at Last that should be released in March. I have already read the other BDB books.

message 44: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 1058 comments I'm in. I started BDB when it first came out and dropped it after a few books. I keep saying I need to reread the first ones and finish it out, so this is the perfect reason.

I'll be starting with a reread of Dark Lover.

message 45: by Brittany Lynn (new)

Brittany Lynn  | 56 comments I'll jump in! I've already read the first six of the Black Dagger Brotherhood books, currently reading number seven. I hope that is ok!

message 46: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 295 comments I'm in. I am always up for a re-read of all BDB books before a new release.

message 47: by Joyce (new)

Joyce (eternity21) | 717 comments I'm in. I'm about up to five in the BDB series and two in the Fallen Angels series. I might just re-read the first couple via audio book as I did the last book in audio format and really enjoyed it that way.

message 48: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (mrslaurenberry) I haven't read any of the BDB books before, but they do seem interesting. I will give Dark Lover a go and see how I find it.

message 49: by Monica (new)

Monica (monie1278) | 7 comments I am in. There a few that I have not read but I loved the BDB series that I might just re-read them again.

message 50: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (roxym) | 208 comments I'm in. I've read the first five BDB books, so I will continue.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7