Dirty Red (Love Me with Lies, #2) Dirty Red discussion

Spoilers... freakin spoilers.... need to vent!!!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 2,227 (2227 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 44 45

♡ Sasha -  TEAM ELLIE. ♥	Holy crap..... She is so evil, that RED! Poor Caleb, she screwed up his life and plans... please if you have read... tell me your frustrations.... Will be getting back with questions, just don't want to give anything away without spoiling it for the rest. So if you have finished the book... get back at me.

Melissa I feel your pain! i finished it earlier today and its still on my mind! that ending just about killed me lol i pretty much just completely went crazy and yelled at my kindle and was like wtf did i just read?! at first i hated red but than i felt bad and hated her less but by the end of the book i was like im done! hate her even more than before! now i NEED Caleb's book asap!! im just a mess right now that's how great it was hahahha

♡ Sasha -  TEAM ELLIE. ♥	Same here... I hated her, then kinda understood her issues and wanted to like her... But she is the god damn devil in the flesh... She makes what Olivia did look like Childs play.

Maria I finished the book and thought I was fine but I'm not. Now I don't feel like reading anything else. This book is stuck in my mind.
Leah is seriously disturbed and has no redeeming qualities. After being privy to how her mind works, she's "fatal attraction" scary. Caleb better beware, there's nothing like a Dirty Red scorned.
Seriously, my heart is aching for Caleb, Olivia & even Noah. What a mess!
I need a HEA!! I love Tarryn Fisher's writing but I don't think I can take feeling this way for a third time.
Thanks for having a forum to vent.

Frances I sped through it. Fastest book I ever read. I thought I could stand to be in HER head but it was just sad, too sad an existence she was living. I understand the post partum depression as she was obviously going through that. She has no pride nor self esteem. I was prejudiced to begin with, I guess, because I can't understand selfishness to the point of deviousness. (I guess Olivia did that too in the first book- but she was young and stupid so i forgave her.). Seems like Red's character didn't grow up. She had some redeeming moments, I guess, with her sister and when she finally bonded with Estela. I didn't like Caleb's deception either. They deserved each other in this book. I hope we get HEA. I promise to get the trilogy on audible if Olivia and Caleb end up together. But see I'm torn about that too because it seems like Olivia and sexy Ghandi have something going too. Ahhh what angst!

message 6: by Lsh (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lsh My goodness Leah is the She Devil. Yet I was so enthralled with this book. Darn you Tarryn Fisher for having to make me wait for Caleb's POV! Both Leah and Olivia think he is a boy scout but I believe he is much more deceptive and manipulative then we all think.
For Olivia's birthday do you'll think Caleb gave her back the penny?
Is just me or is there a possible something brewing between Leah and the Sam the manny? BTW I love Sam. He had me laughing for not put up with her BS

message 7: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Poole "I feel like such a fool. So used. How could I be so in love with a man that was so willing to deceive me?"--Leah

I HATE LEAH!! The ironic thing is that Leah deceived Caleb from the moment they met. She was constantly lying and manipulating him! Even when Caleb asks Leah why she blackmailed Olivia and trashed her apartment Leah's response is "Because I love you." I don't think she knows what true love is. To me, Olivia is the one who demonstrated true love first, in representing Leah because she did/does love Caleb and would do anything for him. Second, she was willing to walk away from him when she thought he was happy with Leah. It's that old saying, If you love something set it free. Her act was truly an act of love. I think we are going to learn that Caleb knew a lot more about Leah's lying and conniving ways than he led on. I want to know why Caleb didn't go after Olivia after Leah confronted her about who she was and blackmailed her. If it was so easy for Leah to find out where Olivia was why couldn't Caleb find her? UGH.....I need that 3rd book NOW!!

♡ Sasha -  TEAM ELLIE. ♥	omg yes @ France's I'm happy that Olivia is with sexy Ghandi... but still bummed that it's not Caleb. As for the whole post partum I think it was complete bs... another one of her lies.

@ Lsh I'm so excited and can't wait for Calebs pov... need to know what's in that head of his. What he thought and felt when they had the big break up, when he was about to cheat on her... so much. I am also very curious as to what was in that box? I also think it might have been the penny... omg I totally thought about Sam and Leah hooking up too, although that would be an interesting pair.

I hate that Olivia wasn't in the book... one chp is not enough for her to claim her man back... sorry but I'm definitely team Caleb here... they have to get there HEA in the next book

♡ Sasha -  TEAM ELLIE. ♥	Maria wrote: "I finished the book and thought I was fine but I'm not. Now I don't feel like reading anything else. This book is stuck in my mind.
Leah is seriously disturbed and has no redeeming qualities. ..."

your welcome. I felt that it was much needed.

message 10: by Connie (last edited Dec 23, 2012 03:59AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Connie As much as I'm on Team Caleb/Olivia, I have to say that Caleb is starting to piss me off. So far, I understand both Olivia's and Leah's insecurities, which resulted in the lies and stuff. But I am sure Caleb knew that these girls had issues in the beginning, or was he really that blinded by them? I felt that he never helped Olivia deal with her issues and insecurities with loving a person, but he just let her be. He never helped her deal with those problems so that they can move onto a healthy relationship.

With Leah, he just didn't have a backbone to stand up for what he truly believed in, which was that his heart belonged to Olivia and no one else. He knew that Leah was manipulative and lied during the whole amnesia stage, but he kept of sleeping with her and ended up proposing to her and marrying her. It was just a cowardly move that ended up getting worse as time went on.

And truthfully, Caleb got hurt in the end the same way that Olivia hurt him back in college. Olivia hurt him by taking away from him what was most important to him then, her virginity. And Leah did the same, by taking away the child, which he thought was his. I hope he won't give the same speech to Leah that he gave to Olivia back then...

What I liked about this book was the masterful weaving between past and present events from book 1. I liked that Tarryn cleared Olivia's reputation during the trial, as we were led to believe that Olivia manipulated a win.

The ring story also shocked me!! Then that made me really confused about what Caleb was planning to do. I mean he gave the whole speech to Olivia about letting him go, etc. But then why did he then leave Leah 4 months after the trial. I am totally confused, but looking forward to book 3 where (hopefully) all will be revealed.

P.S.: Guesses as to who is Estella's biological daddy?

Rosanna Connie wrote: "As much as I'm on Team Caleb/Olivia, I have to say that Caleb is starting to piss me off. So far, I understand both Olivia's and Leah's insecurities, which resulted in the lies and stuff. But I am ..."

Part of me thinks it's Seth.
There were some unspoken words between Leah and her mom at one point in the book that makes me think her mom was the one that planted the idea of her sleeping with someone to get pregnant to keep Caleb.

Maria Sasha wrote: "omg yes @ France's I'm happy that Olivia is with sexy Ghandi... but still bummed that it's not Caleb. As for the whole post partum I think it was complete bs... another one of her lies.

@ Lsh I'm ..."

Sasha, I agree with you about the post partum, she's using it as an excuse for her monstrous behavior. We see how her mind works. She's always pulling from her bag of dirty tricks so Caleb does not see the heartless bitch that she really is.
I'm thinking that it was the penny and all the other stuff she left in her apartment. For Olivia to freak out, gotta be something meaningful to both of them.
Sam would be good for Leah. He sees her for what she is, tells her so and does not sugar coat it
Lastly, I really miss Olivia too but happy with the little bit of Noah that we got.
Q: Outside the hotel in Rome, why didn't Caleb just tell Olivia that he had been planning to leave Leah and want to be with her? Is it because Leah told him she was already pregnant? (Again, damn her!!)
Poor Caleb, he really is just trying to do what he thinks is the right thing.
This book gave us an insight of their marriage that we didn't have in the 1st one. I want that 3rd book!!! Arghhh!

message 13: by Maria (last edited Dec 23, 2012 07:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maria Connie wrote: "As much as I'm on Team Caleb/Olivia, I have to say that Caleb is starting to piss me off. So far, I understand both Olivia's and Leah's insecurities, which resulted in the lies and stuff. But I am ..."

I thought Leah just said Caleb's not the father to hurt him.
Easily proven with a paternity test? But what if the father is Seth?
Would the DNA be similar enough that Stella could be either Caleb's or Seth's?
Did we know Caleb had a brother in the 1st book? How did I miss that?

Rosanna I'm dying to know what that present was!!!

Robin Has it occurred to anyone else that Caleb and Olivia may have had interaction off page after he left Leah? There was a good portion of the book where he was not at home with Leah, and he certainly was aware that Leah went to visit Olivia. I am thinking that this all began about the time she received the anonymous birthday gift, which I think was the pressed penny. If this is the case, Olivia would also be acquainted with Estella. I cannot wait to read from Caleb's point of view!

message 16: by Maria (last edited Dec 23, 2012 08:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maria Robin wrote: "Has it occurred to anyone else that Caleb and Olivia may have had interaction off page after he left Leah? There was a good portion of the book where he was not at home with Leah, and he certainly..."

Good insights. Guess we'll find out in 3rd book. Can't wait, always interesting to get the male's POV.

Brenda, where are you? Did you read yet?

MandaLee @Robin..that's what I was thinking. Or at least hoping for to be going on. IMO that present was Olivia's things from her apartment. I can only hope for now that they have been spending time together. As for Noah..I don't care. I don't like him lol. Plz just let Caleb and Olivia find their HEA!!! I can't read another cluster lol

message 18: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Leah- I loved hating her- how weird is that? It was deliciously addicting. I ache for Caleb but the events that unfolded were much his responsibility as Red's. I think Tarryn did a beautiful job in revealing the consequences of picking second choice- it was real, ugly, and heartbreaking. I felt justice was served for Leah- she was miserable in every page- always second guessing and feeling unworthy.

message 19: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Question: when Olivia went to Rome and had that heartbreaking talk with Caleb, did that happen after Red's attempted suicide and revelation that she was pregnant? Or was it before, and then Caleb decided to drive to Olivia's house but was stopped when the hospital called him?

I thought that when Olivia broke into their home and found that the fertility monitor said that was the fertile time in Rome, Leah wasn't pregnant yet? I guess I'm still trying to figure out when that conversation in Rome took place- was it before or after Leah's attempted suicide? I

Maria Ruby wrote: "Question: when Olivia went to Rome and had that heartbreaking talk with Caleb, did that happen after Red's attempted suicide and revelation that she was pregnant? Or was it before, and then Caleb ..."

I have the same questions.
I'm thinking Leah lied to Caleb about being pregnant, that's why he chose to let Olivia go. For Caleb, Rome was like a 2nd honeymoon but for Leah, it was her chance to get pregnant.
I think Rome was after the suicide attempt. But shouldn't Caleb have confirmed with the doctor that Leah is truly pregnant?
I assumed in Dirty Red that Caleb going to Olivia's house and Olivia & Cammie's break-in was after the trial and before Rome. Help, I'm confused! I have to read both books and think. I also need that 3rd book!

message 21: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby That's a good point! I wouldn't put it past Leah to lie about being pregnant at the time of her suicide attempt. I too re-read The Opportunist just to figure that part out!

message 22: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby It's probably too soon, but does anyone have a clue when the third book is out?!!!!!!

Maria Ruby wrote: "That's a good point! I wouldn't put it past Leah to lie about being pregnant at the time of her suicide attempt. I too re-read The Opportunist just to figure that part out!"

Ruby, I just remembered that when Caleb was going to see Olivia he thought that he might heave to deal with Turner ( the fiancé). So, the pregnancy lie was definitely before Rome.

message 24: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Maria wrote: "Ruby wrote: "That's a good point! I wouldn't put it past Leah to lie about being pregnant at the time of her suicide attempt. I too re-read The Opportunist just to figure that part out!"

Ruby, I j..."

Yes, of course! Thanks! I just thought that since they didn't talk much, he wouldn't have known they broke up.

Robin So, you guys are thinking that she would have lied about becoming pregnant, her supposed pregnancy would gave occurred sometime during or directly after the trial. A month after the trial, Caleb quits talking to her. Four months after the trial he decides to file for divorce and try another go with Olivia. Leah attempts suicide while she is supposedly 3 or 4 months pregnant? Then, they go to Rome where she intends to become pregnant? What if, she was truly pregnant when she attempted suicide, but with Seth's child? Could she have slept with Seth that early on?

message 26: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Robin wrote: "So, you guys are thinking that she would have lied about becoming pregnant, her supposed pregnancy would gave occurred sometime during or directly after the trial. A month after the trial, Caleb q..."

It could be possible that she was already pregnant in Rome, but that wouldn't explain the fertility monitor Olivia and Cammie found when they broke in their home. The fertility monitor said that that exact weekend was a fertile time. When discovering the fertility monitor, that's when Olivia goes to Rome, hoping to thwart any baby being made. What do you think? This is all just my speculation!

Robin Except the fertility monitor could have been there for awhile? You would think we would all have a better grasp or understanding of this timeline since we read Leah's book. It's almost as if Tarryn left this out on purpose. I wish someone could ask her about the timeline.

message 28: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Robin wrote: "Except the fertility monitor could have been there for awhile? You would think we would all have a better grasp or understanding of this timeline since we read Leah's book. It's almost as if Tarr..."

Do you think that Rome happened before Caleb decided to drive to Olivia's place or after?

My head hurts....I think we need the third book now.

Robin Ruby, I think Caleb already thought she was pregnant when they were in Rome, and that is why he let Olivia go. Rome was after because she had already broken it off with Turner. When Olivia was engaged to Turner is when Caleb wanted to go see Olivia, and then Leah attempted suicide and said she was pregnant. Once he found out she was pregnant, they reconciled and went to Rome. Does that make sense?

♡ Sasha -  TEAM ELLIE. ♥	Manda wrote: "@Robin..that's what I was thinking. Or at least hoping for to be going on. IMO that present was Olivia's things from her apartment. I can only hope for now that they have been spending time togethe..."

yay... glad u joined us here!!!

message 31: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Robin wrote: "Ruby, I think Caleb already thought she was pregnant when they were in Rome, and that is why he let Olivia go. Rome was after because she had already broken it off with Turner. When Olivia was en..."

Yes, thanks so much :)

♡ Sasha -  TEAM ELLIE. ♥	hey ladies... wow... so happy that everyone is somewhat left feeling conflicted with all these great questions... I felt so sorry for Caleb because he gave up the chance for true love and actual happiness with Olivia. Leah manipulated Caleb into thinking she was already pregnant... because if u guys remember she told him that when he went to the hospital after her suicide attempt. As far as Estella, I somehow believe Seth might be the father, which by the way, wtf, I don't remember him from The Opportunist... As far as the box I strongly agree and believe that it might be the PENNY... or maybe just truely hope so. I also think that Caleb has contacted Olivia, I mean how else would he know that Leah knew about the house. And let me just say wholly shit... I didn't see that one coming...
"THE RING WAS HERS, LEAH"... I was like get out of here really, why the he'll didn't he fight harder when Olivia disappeared, I mean I get it he kinda tried when he kept looking fir her at her firm, but he was such a coward and why didn't he just tell her that he didn't have amnesia when he screwed her in that get away they had. Arghhhh... still dealing with the insanity of all the possibilities and what ifs... Seriously can't wait to see and know more from Calebs pov.

message 33: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Sasha wrote: "hey ladies... wow... so happy that everyone is somewhat left feeling conflicted with all these great questions... I felt so sorry for Caleb because he gave up the chance for true love and actual ha..."

And what about sexy Ghandi?! I love him already and fear he might be a casualty in the next installment. I was hoping for more insight into Noah and Olivia's relationship! Thoughts?

Maria Robin wrote: "Ruby, I think Caleb already thought she was pregnant when they were in Rome, and that is why he let Olivia go. Rome was after because she had already broken it off with Turner. When Olivia was en..."

Robin, your timeline sounds right.
And Ruby, I woke up with a headache probably from going to bed with these books in my head.

Maria Sasha wrote: "hey ladies... wow... so happy that everyone is somewhat left feeling conflicted with all these great questions... I felt so sorry for Caleb because he gave up the chance for true love and actual ha..."

Sasha, I'm with you regarding Seth. I thought, "Really, Caleb has a brother"?
And the ring! In the Opportunist, when Olivia was at Caleb's place, didn't he tell Olivia that the ring was for Leah but he wasn't ready to give it to her yet?
Then in Dirty Red, he tells Leah that the ring was for Olivia. Dude, what's the deal?
Are we reading a romance novel or a mystery? That Tarryn Fisher is genius!

message 36: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Robin wrote: "Ruby, I think Caleb already thought she was pregnant when they were in Rome, and that is why he let Olivia go. Rome was after because she had already broken it off with Turner. When Olivia was en..."

Robin! Great timeline. And sorry to beat this issue so much but I had another thought that may play into your timeline....the baby was "early" but could it be that the baby was on time if her and Seth hooked up? And then to convince Caleb it was his, since Caleb was pretty much ignoring her after the trial, she "went to his hotel that night" cuz she had a "plan"? Sheesh, I think I'm overthinking this....sorry.

Maria- LOL- it feels like a mystery to me too!

Robin Not a romance novel, a anti-romance novel in my opinion. Definitely a mystery!

♡ Sasha -  TEAM ELLIE. ♥	Noooooooooo.... ladies we can't lose sight, at the end of the day it is romance. Is it twisted, yes, but we are all hoping for there HEA.

@ Ruby... I think I'm not sure though, but Leah might have said she was a premie just so that they would take the baby at the day care... because premies take time/months to grow... so maybe she wanted to pass the baby as being older than the week she actually was... Cuz I think she was actually 42 wks when the baby was born. sorry not sure if I'm right.

@ Maria... yes, wtf Caleb... like why would he tell her that the ring was for Leah... I mean I honestly think that in the end it always was for Olivia, but since she left he decided to move on with Leah.

message 39: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Sasha wrote: "Noooooooooo.... ladies we can't lose sight, at the end of the day it is romance. Is it twisted, yes, but we are all hoping for there HEA.

@ Ruby... I think I'm not sure though, but Leah might hav..."

Sasha- I think the baby was mentioned as "coming early" a few times- when Caleb had to leave for business the Monday they came home from the hospital.

♡ Sasha -  TEAM ELLIE. ♥	really, ok I'm trippin then... wrong book sorry. lol

message 41: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Sasha wrote: "really, ok I'm trippin then... wrong book sorry. lol"

But I agree with you- I think the baby really was on time but she wanted Caleb to think she came early so that it fell along the time she "went to his hotel" that night. But who knows! I'm trippin, too! I can't stop thinking about all of this!

Maria Ruby wrote: "Sasha wrote: "Noooooooooo.... ladies we can't lose sight, at the end of the day it is romance. Is it twisted, yes, but we are all hoping for there HEA.

@ Ruby... I think I'm not sure though, but ..."

Ruby & Sasha, you both sound right? I remember reading that the baby came early but I also remember reading that Leah lied and told the daycare that Stella was a preemie so they would take her. Must start rereading.
While we're on the subject, what kind of mother would leave a newborn at a daycare and then forget to pick her up? There's no excuse for that! Leah has no maternal instinct whatsoever.

♡ Sasha -  TEAM ELLIE. ♥	The kind of selfish bitch... who shouldn't even be named or considered a mother. No where near that tittle.

MandaLee See..I took it that the ring was for Olivia all along. I think he was ready to tell her the truth about the amnesia. Remember he proposed to olivia w/that ring. I know I'm hopeless romantic but Olivia kind of shut down and the Leah(and I can't even stand saying her name) thing showing up at her apartment and hitting on all of olivia's insecurities. It became too much!!
Still hoping Caleb's POV will bring this all back around to the two of them together and I may sound crass but I don't care who gets hurt along the way. True love finds a way:) IMO

♡ Sasha -  TEAM ELLIE. ♥	omg.... I know. I kinda heart for Noah, he seems a good enough guy, and he did change Olivia and helped her grow into being a better person. But in the end it has to be Caleb and Olivia.

MandaLee Yeah, Noah seems nice. But the way this is going, who knows HOW Mr.Perfect ended up at just the right place at just the right time. LOL
Now I'm skeptical of everything. Nothing is as it seems. GRR

message 47: by ♡ Sasha - TEAM ELLIE. ♥ (last edited Dec 23, 2012 07:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

♡ Sasha -  TEAM ELLIE. ♥	ooohhhhhh... ur on to something, Manda. You're so right. Nothing seems without cause or reason.

♡ Sasha -  TEAM ELLIE. ♥	@ Maria ur song is so fitting.

Maria Sasha wrote: "@ Maria ur song is so fitting."

Thanks Sasha. And thanks for the friend invite, I'm honored. I thought to stay anonymous but have been enjoying the discussions & comments.

♡ Sasha -  TEAM ELLIE. ♥	lol. welcome. and why anonymous... discussing is more fun.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 44 45