SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

Retired Challenges > January Author of the Month

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
This months Author is.....

Cassandra Clare

Here you can say what you are reading and if you are enjoying it, etc :)

message 2: by Jax (last edited Jan 12, 2013 06:58AM) (new)

Jax | 899 comments Mod
How Ironic...

I was literally just chatting to my hubby about City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare

I read, and thoroughly enjoyed the first 3 novels. City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare
then of course HAD to read City of Fallen Angels - which led to reading City of Lost Souls.

Sadly though... I think maybe they should have kept this series a trilogy.

City of Fallen Angels, while still interesting, just wasn't quite as good... and at this point, I'm just frustrated with City of Lost Souls...
(and yes, this could be entirely attributed to my rather not so Teen self reading a YA novel)

message 3: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
I'm reading City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare at the moment, so far good :)

message 4: by JJ (new)

JJ Coetzer (yennorks) | 1 comments Ok I am about to get the book on Amazon for my Kindle, Is there any specific reading order?

message 5: by Riana (new)

Riana | 397 comments The order is:

City of Bones
City of Ashes
City of Glass
City of Fallen Angels
City of Lost Souls

If you search a book that is part of a series you will also see that Goodreads has the series name and the number of the book next to it: City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5), you can even search the books by the series name.

Enjoy!

message 6: by JJ (new)

JJ Coetzer (yennorks) | 1 comments Johann wrote: "Ok I am about to get the book on Amazon for my Kindle, Is there any specific reading order?" Ok, I Have read the reviews on this website and it mostly seems like a books that a woman would read (No Offence Intended)

message 7: by Varla Fiona (new)

Varla Fiona (dory_42) | 1332 comments Mod
Johann, if I was the kind of person who got offended (I am not so don't worry) I would be offended as I am a woman and I have no desire to read them.

message 8: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Finished City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare

message 9: by Jax (new)

Jax | 899 comments Mod
@ Lu - Thoughts?

message 10: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
I don't know actually. I enjoyed it and I like the series so far, I just don't love it.

I feel like the author overly describes things and that the books could be shorter.

I'm not sure if I would read the next one.

You?

message 11: by Jax (new)

Jax | 899 comments Mod
I read the first 3 a while back - But I remember enjoying them.
It was only in City of Fallen Angels I started getting miffed.
Maybe Read City of Glass, as it does at least resolve some of the things from City of Bones and Ashes.
But Stop after that one. :)
By City of Lost Souls, I felt like they were scrabbling for things to fill in pages.

message 12: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
I'll read City of Glass if I get a copy, but I'm not going to go out of my way.

The movie looks good tho!

message 13: by Liezel (new)

Liezel (liezkl) | 736 comments Read City of Lost Souls and it's an easy read but getting way too predictable. Agree with Jax, they should have left it as a trilogy

message 14: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Can someone tell me? In the third book:

(view spoiler)

message 15: by Liezel (new)

Liezel (liezkl) | 736 comments yes

message 16: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Glad I'm not reading it then lol

message 17: by Claudia (new)

Claudia (claudiavstoomanybooks) | 1779 comments Better late than never? I just read City of Ashes and although I liked it well enough, I don't think I'll continue with the series.