UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Patti and Simon's dinner conversation

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I've been informed that Simon has booked our table for Christmas Eve dinner.

I'm afraid we'll be sitting there all evening in awkward silence though.

Any topics the group think we should discuss?

message 2: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments How to keep DeeDee in brownies and fluffy pillows???

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments "awkward silence"..... Alcoholic stupor more like.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Naw that'll be after dinner.

We should have at least an hour of coherence.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments D.D. wrote: "How to keep DeeDee in brownies and fluffy pillows???"

Well, you do insist on sharing!

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better today. :)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I would think Patti and awkward silences are total strangers...

message 7: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Patti (Plucky Persimmon) wrote: "D.D. wrote: "How to keep DeeDee in brownies and fluffy pillows???"

Well, you do insist on sharing!

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better today. :)"

:-)

Thanks Peppermint P.! xxx

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments See? I can do silence!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments yes, but was that awkward?

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Silence keeps well away from Patti. It feels awkward around her. I have some new ear defenders.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments You'll hang off my every word!

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments I seem to remember last year hanging was on my mind by the end of the evening

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments You remember the end of the evening??

That's unusual.

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (snibborg) | 9052 comments There are always happy exceptions.

message 16: by Simon (Highwayman) (last edited Dec 22, 2012 12:42PM) (new)

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments You're lucky Geoff you accidentally organised your get together after Patti was safely out of the country.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments No idea why he chose B'wade though.

message 18: by Simon (Highwayman) (last edited Dec 22, 2012 12:52PM) (new)

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Patti (Plucky Persimmon) wrote: "No idea why he chose B'wade though.">
The spiritual home of the group. In hundreds of years time people will pilgrimage to the pheasant.

Jay-me (Janet)  | 4336 comments Where is this Biggleswade place then????

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments And throw rocks at it.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments *shock*

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Its down the road from Milton Keynes.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Or to be more precise... Milton Keynes is down the road from biggleswade. :-)

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments The great metropolis of biggleswade. We have six benches in the market square.

message 25: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Right next year we're having a group meeting for new years eve ! And it'll be so noisy that there won't be any fears about silence !

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Six???

When did they upgrade?

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments The village idiots guild donated. We just didn't have the bench capacity.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments WHich bench do you sit on?

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Too cold for me. I am retained by the pheasant.

message 30: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments I only sit on benches with fluffy pillows...

I might not be able to come.

message 31: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments Last time I drove through Biggleswade, I got lost on the way out.

Even though I used to have an office there.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments It's in the middle of a vortex, Will.

Sucks you in and doesn't let you leave.

Dave and I have booked a room at the Hotel California. Just down the street from the Pheasant.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Will you still be there when Geoff and I arrive next Sunday?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I've been told we can check out anytime we like.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments But can you leave?

message 36: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments Oh, I know the Pheasant, all right....

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments are there lots of pluckers there?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments It smells funny, doesn't it Will?

message 39: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments And some of the clientele are a bit suspect too

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments You're a master of understatement, Will my man.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Simon fits right in there...

message 42: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments I'm gaining a whole new perspective on Simon then

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Fits in???

The bar has his elbow grooves in it!

message 44: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments A visit to The Pheasant is on my 'bucket list';@)!

message 45: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments Patti (Festive Figgy Pudding) wrote: "Fits in???

The bar has his elbow grooves in it!"

Now there is an image I'm not going to forget in a hurry

message 46: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22112 comments Will wrote: "Patti (Festive Figgy Pudding) wrote: "Fits in???

The bar has his elbow grooves in it!"

Now there is an image I'm not going to forget in a hurry"

neither am I, it's a nice picture and I'm sure it's one I can use :-)

message 47: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments Do you think we should give Patti a credit for it?

message 48: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22112 comments Will wrote: "Do you think we should give Patti a credit for it?"

I'm thinking it might even be possible to work her into a book and have her say it!
I have a nightclub singer who needs and extra line and a new name wouldn't hurt her :-)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Hmmm. I can't carry a tune in a bucket!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Patti is getting about a bit - thats 3 authors writing about her now!

« previous 1