Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) Cinder discussion

worth the read?

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Gretzinger checked the book out of the library... not sure if i have the motivation to read it. Buuutttt if you guys say its worth the read i guess i could give it a shot. what are your thoughts?

message 2: by Tania (new) - added it

Tania I haven't read it but many of my friends and booktubers recommended it so im going to read it soon , So I say you should give it a shot.

Kelly It is really good! You should read it! I don't typically read books like this one, but I loved it!!

message 4: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Gretzinger ok, so i started it...not very far (kinda been busy). but is this an action romance book? i'm confused what genre this is

Kelly I don't know if you can really say action but I think Mystery, fantasy, romance would be a better explanation. There's a little action but it's towards the end.

message 6: by Elia (new) - rated it 1 star

Elia I personally really hated it. It was one of only 2 books I started reading this year and left in the middle. I NEVER leave a book unfinished but this one I just could not get through, and I think it's because I felt like it gave everything away very early on, plus I didn't think the characters were well developed.

Laurisa Reyes I've read it and loved it. It's a fun middle grade science fiction loosely based on Cinderella. Loosely. If you don't like sci-fi or books written for kids, don't read it. Otherwise it's a must read.

deeza45 i read it and i really liked it, so i think you should

Melody I enjoyed it. Cinder is in a tight situation, but she doesn't just sit around waiting to be saved. She's smart, she's unique and she cares about the people in her life.

It's definitely fantasy and light sci-fi, with a strong damsel in distress and handsome prince angle.

This is the start to a series of books, so the only beef I had with it is that it does not stand alone. The next book in the series, Scarlet, comes out in the next two months.

message 10: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Gretzinger i finished! ya i thought it was a pretty decent book. it got good at the end, and i liked the twist.

Miniwriter12 Is it worth the read? Definitely! It was a really interesting and awesome version of Cinderella.

Elena It was a little slow, but I thought the ending was cool - that she is the princess... although of what use would she be in Africa, i don't know... Also - did not really get why could they not overthrow the queen now that the old scientist had blood proof that Cinder is the Lunar princes?! Why must she wait?! And what is it that she is supposed to wait for?

message 13: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary i actually really liked it and i hate cinderella. just pick it up from the library and see for yourself whether or not you like it. i had many doubts but i highly enjoyed it and usually i dont like many books.

Colleen Stitch i like any story with cinderella, but i didnt like the futuristic sci-fi feel of it. dont know if i will read the sequel.

message 15: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma READ IT!!!

message 16: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Gretzinger Emma wrote: "READ IT!!!"

haha i read it, pretty good!

Elena Madame wrote: "I really DO NOT like this book. I think the setting was VERY POORLY done and that the characters were flat. It's a fantastic idea but lacked any substance. But I wouldn't say its not worth the read..."

I agree Madame - even though i liked it - i think the author really did not flesh things out enough...

message 18: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Gretzinger Elena wrote: "It was a little slow, but I thought the ending was cool - that she is the princess... although of what use would she be in Africa, i don't know... Also - did not really get why could they not overt..."

^^^ my thoughts exactly!

message 19: by Mona (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mona well, the story is not in africa.. it's asia..china actually, beijing is the capitol of china...just to clear this up ;)

message 20: by Elena (last edited Jan 17, 2013 01:05PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Elena Hahaha no Mona, I meant at the end of the book, the scientist tells her to escape to Africa...

message 21: by Mona (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mona *embarrassing* ^^ I completely forgot about that ... thx for the reminder

Elena Mona wrote: "*embarrassing* ^^ I completely forgot about that ... thx for the reminder"

Lol, no problem :D:D:D

Aileen I really enjoyed the book...in fact can't wait to read the next one. I told my friend to read it but she didn't enjoy it...what??!! so I guess you need to be ready for "Cinderella in the future..as a robot..." Loved it. Seems like other fairy tale characters will be in the 2nd book.

Hanna It was honestly a lot better than I had expected. I read the first couple of chapters and I considered putting it back on my bookshelf and never opening it again, but as I read further in, it got better. If you like fairytales, science fiction, and think you might enjoy a mix of both, then you should read it.

message 25: by Imani (last edited Jan 25, 2013 11:10PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Imani I think it should be read. like i was skeptical about it and resisted reading it for a long time before i finally gave in. But i think it's good enough that it should be read at least once. ^^

Kelley I absolutely loved this book. It's so different than what I've read lately that it was a welcome change. The reader does need to be prepared for a VERY different Cinderella story. It'd almost be better if the reader didn't know it was a cinderella story even. I think it's worth it especially if you're looking for something different. I highly recommend it.

Rena  Traxel I couldn't put it down. I love fairy tale type stories.

Silly I loved it. Don't wait just open the book and start reading.

Chelsie It only took me a day or so to read it, and I LOVED it. so worth the read

message 30: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy Chichi Hsiao Full of cliches, it's actually not so bad as YA fiction, and I'd say it's a can-do to kill time. Just don't expect too much from it or don't read it at all.

Rachel READ IT

Katelyn Pitcher I really enjoyed this book, the premise is rather simple but the main character is not what you would normally expect of a "Cinderella" character. It was mostly sci-fi, and it's an interesting read.