Janet Tronstad - Dry Creek & Other Stories discussion

Please join our group Christmas hug

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 1207 comments Mod
I wish I could reach out and give you each a Christmas hug. Failing that, I thought I'd start a group Christmas hug. Just sign in here and let us all know you're part of the hug. And give us a Christmas greeting, too.

Merry Christmas to all my friends here!! May God delight your hearts as you remember the baby Jesus.

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 136 comments Great idea Janet!

Merry Christmas to everyone! ( waving from Kansas! )
I hope that all of you have a joyous and safe Holiday Season. =)

message 3: by JanetTronstad (last edited Dec 22, 2012 08:49PM) (new)

Waving back at you in Kansas, Melissa! I'm in Montana right now.

message 4: by Joy (new)

Joy Merry Christmas, everyone! Rejoice in the birth of our Savior.

message 5: by Judy (new)

Judy | 277 comments Merry Christmas to all from sunny Arizona!

message 6: by Nina (new)

Nina | 126 comments Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year, be safe!!

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 287 comments Be Joyful and Merry Christmas to all of you and your loved ones! May this be the Christmas that is special to your heart. I just took a shower and put on my perfume so I am ready to hug!! Ha Ha! And a special one for Janet and her family. Greetings from Boise, it is cloudy and cold right now...but the fire is going!

message 8: by Jeani (new)

Jeani | 38 comments Merry Christmas!!! Xo

message 9: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (mitzi_wanham) | 100 comments Hope you all have a blessed Christmas and prosperous (whatever that means to you) New Year. It's been a wonderful year, for the most part. Greetings from northern Alberta where the sun has set hours ago, and the temperature is warming up!

message 10: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 148 comments Merry Christmas from Indiana. I hope everyone has a wonderful time celebrating the birth of our Savior!

message 11: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments I wish you all a very blessed christmas from Australia.

speacial thoughts go to Melody at this time

message 12: by JanetTronstad (new)

I love reading where everyone is from (not that I don't already know that for most of you -- but it's kind of cool that our hug can extend so far).

And special thoughts go to you, too, Ausjenny, at this time.

message 13: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments Thanks Janet

message 14: by Carole (new)

Carole Jarvis Merry Christmas to all of you from Atlanta, where it's finally cold enough for a fire in our wood stove! May you all experience the joy and peace that comes from our Savior's birth.

message 15: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (booklover_54) | 179 comments Merry Christmas from Alabama the Heart of Dixie!
May you all have a prosperous New Year with all good health.

message 16: by Lynsay (new)

Lynsay | 2 comments Merry Christmas from PA

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 76 comments Merry Christmas everyone!! I hope everyone has a wonderful day and blessed new year. Right now it's 60 here in Texas and suppose to get warmer but a cold front will be coming in on Tuesday.

message 18: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 252 comments Don't leave me out...Paula O waving from Ga.

Merry CHRISTmas to all my friends at Dry Creek and also the ones that visit so often, we readers...
and especially to Janet for hosting the HUG....

message 19: by JanetTronstad (new)

Waving to Carole, Wanda, Lynsay, Laura, and Paula!

And Paula, I like the words 'hosting the HUG'

message 20: by Carole (new)

Carole Jarvis Like Paula said, I appreciate Janet for bringing us all together.

I've enjoyed the 3 or 4 Dry Creek stories that I've read so far, but I'd like to read the series from beginning to end. Do the characters overlap enough that it's important to read them in order, Janet?

Paula-O, it's good to meet another Georgia girl! I live on the south side of Atlanta. Where are you?

message 21: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 252 comments Carole, I am down closer to Savannah, Ga, you probably will see snow up there.

Janet Marie Dowell | 77 comments Hugs from Canon, GA!! Merry Christmas!

message 23: by JanetTronstad (new)

Carole, the only Dry Creek books that I think are important to read in order are the Return to Dry Creek ones.

Good to see you all here. Special wave to Jamet Marie Dowell!!

message 24: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (carolinegodin) | 14 comments Merry Christmas, everyone!

message 25: by JanetTronstad (new)

Merry Christmas to you, too, Caroline. I'm hoping all works out to meet you in Spokane. Have you called again to try and reserve a room?

message 26: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) Greetings from North Carolina! Merry Christmas everyone!

message 27: by JanetTronstad (new)

Merry Christmas, Terri!

message 28: by Susan F (new)

Susan F | 71 comments A warm hug to each and every one of you as you celebrate the birth of our precious Saviour with your family and friends. I'm sending you snowflakes from Maine. :)

message 29: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Hansen (goodreadscomvalerie_hansen) | 16 comments Long, loving arms hugging you from Arkansas. Our snow is coming tomorrow so we're refilling the wood box and preparing for many fires in the wood stove. Much of our heat comes from it and since it has a glass door it's like sitting by the fireplace on a wintry evening. Hot chocolate and blessings,
Val

message 30: by JanetTronstad (new)

There's nothing like a wood fire, is there, Valerie?

message 31: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Hansen (goodreadscomvalerie_hansen) | 16 comments Nope. Particularly when my recliner presents the soles of my bare feet when I lean it back. Cozy!

Janet Marie Dowell | 77 comments Special wave to you too, Janet! ((((HUGS))))

message 33: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 218 comments Merry Christmas to all of you!

message 34: by Martha (new)

Martha (bookmark_it) Sending big hugs from North Carolina. Merry Christmas, everyone!

message 35: by JanetTronstad (new)

Great to hear from you Kathy! And sending hugs back to you, Martha!

message 36: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 252 comments Valerie that sounds like a wonderful spot to read with your feet by the fire...I get cool when I sit and usually have a throw around me...

message 37: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments christmas in Australia looks lovely this morning. nice sunny day with cool breeze. Feeling really good too.

message 38: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 252 comments You are always ahead of us AusJenny that is so neat, you get up to enjoy the day as we get ready to snooze...Hope Santa was good to ya...

message 39: by JanetTronstad (new)

Glad you're feeling good, Ausjenny!

message 40: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments its been good went over road and watched brave i think it was

Kimberlyisreading | 71 comments Paula-O wrote: "Carole, I am down closer to Savannah, Ga, you probably will see snow up there."

Paula- wave at Savannah for me! (my hometown!) and if you get the chance, have some Chick-Fil-A for me! lol! Merry Christmas!

Kimberlyisreading | 71 comments Merry Christmas to all of you and your loved ones! May God bless y'all with His peace, love and joy in abundance this Christmas season. He is risen!!

HUGS!!

message 43: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 252 comments Kimberly I love Chick fila, will think of you with my next sandwich there....where are you that they dont have them-thought they were everywhere.

message 44: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (kathae) | 26 comments Merry Christmas to everyone from Virginia!

message 45: by Carole (new)

Carole Jarvis Paula, Savannah is so beautiful and rich in history! I've been there a couple of times, but not long enough to really see very much. I love to read books set in Savannah.

Chick-fil-A . . . sometimes you've just got to have that chicken sandwich fix, not to mention their ice dream. And breakfasts at Dwarf House are a special treat!

message 46: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 287 comments We finally got one Chick-Filet in Boise (near Boise State Univ) and one near Boise and everyone has been sooo supportive! It's good and it is nice to have another Christian business out West! We have Hobby Lobby now also! Blessings to all of you as we near the New Year...Hi,Paula and Janet and Ausjenny! Everyone!

message 47: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (booklover_54) | 179 comments You must try the Chicken Soup. It is the best ever.

message 48: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 218 comments A great big hug from MN. Have a Happy New Year, everyone! Sorry, I missed Christmas. Busy and difficult times!

message 49: by JanetTronstad (new)

Christmas is not always easy, is it, Kathy? And it can be too busy. Glad you made it for the hug. I don't think we had anyone else chime in from Minnesota.

message 50: by Melody (new)

Melody | 304 comments Thanks Jenny, I'm a little late, holidays have been rough, but I am here. :) Love and hugs from Utah!

« previous 1