Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Share Your Favorite Christmas Scene from a Book

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
Books have always been a large part of my Christmas holiday and i suspect the same is true for most of you as well. I was thinking of my favorite Christmas scene -- which has been part of many books --

There's a blizzard and someone, usually a cynical old cowboy, arrives at the door of a poor family's sod house with a bag of food and some small toys for the children.

I'd love to know what your favorite scene is in a Christmas book. Please share.

message 2: by JanetTronstad (new)

Another favorite scene of mine in Christmas books is when a young woman is pregnant and is found in the barn/lean-to and the people who find her end up helping her and the baby that is born.

message 3: by Joy (new)

Joy I like the scenes where a person who has never really had a Christmas is shown what Christmas is all about and it ends up being a truly memorable experience.

message 4: by JanetTronstad (new)

Oh, I like that scene, too, Joy! There is the related Scrooge scenes too -- where a person becomes much nicer at Christmas.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments I like the ones where someone gets snowed in with a stranger and they have to help them through some sickness that came upon them

message 6: by Carole (new)

Carole Jarvis I'm a fan of Regency stories, and one of my favorite scenes that's often used is the Christmas Eve ball. The decorated hall, carriages arriving at the door, elaborate ball gowns, long banquet tables overflowing with food - such enjoyable fantasy!

message 7: by JanetTronstad (new)

Carole -- those balls make me drool, too. I'd love to swirl around in one of those dresses.

And, Jennifer, I'm a fan of the snowed-in scene, too. I had one of those in my Snowbound with Santa (that's a fun book if you haven't read it).