Product Reviews > Oneida Cookie Scoop

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 530 comments Mod
Oneida Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop

5 stars for the product

4 stars for the handle

I have been wanting a trigger scoop for a while. I have a plastic measuring cup style one that you press the bottom of to release the cookie dough, but it makes cookies that are larger than I'd like, and it is too hard to get the dough out.

I found this one at Wal-Mart for about $6.97 (so say $7) and it is about 1 tsp. which is the size I prefer. It releases well, and is really easy to clean. The only problem I have with it is that the handle is not padded, so I had a sore hand when I was done. I will learn to adjust my grip eventually, but for those who would be using this often, a soft removable for cleaning grip would be nice.

message 2: by Paul, Ace cake baker (new)

Paul (merman1967) | 52 comments Mod
Thanks for the heads-up on this... I've been wanting a good one.

Now, do you have any suggestions for a food processor? I've been planning on getting a new one since my last one died. I was all set to get a Kitchen Aid... then I read reviews on Amazon. They all seem to have problems with leakage and poor quality plastic in the food bowls. Same thing for the Cuisinart models. SIGH... I am very discouraged over this :(

message 3: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 530 comments Mod
Well no body is making a quality product these days, so I say stick to your price range and buy the best you can afford. Go in person to see what is available and see if it will meet your needs. Cuisinart is the grand daddy of the food processor, but there are plenty of quality choices out there, and you just have to find your fit. If it were me, I would be looking at the brands from Food Network and the related talent who have their own lines. Some of it's pretty reasonable and makes more sense than some of the other items on the market. I think Giada DeLaurentis has a food processor at Target along with the rest of her line....

Anyone else have a fave style or brand to suggest?