Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

Anime > What are you watching??

Comments Showing 1-50 of 99 (99 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Since this is a Manga club, we should probably have a page where we could talk about what we watch(anime) as well! So go ahead! :)

message 2: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments I am currently watching God Save Our King or Kyo Kara Maoh and saw 2 episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion.
I must I am liking Go Save Our King better, it is sooooo hilarious!!

message 3: by jenny (new)

jenny I'm currently watching Sword Art Online, and re-watching Wolf's Rain. Both are very good but very different from each other.

I didn't think I would like SAO because I'm not a gamer. But it turns out that I'm really enjoying it.

Wolf's Rain is a favorite. I love all of the characters and the soundtrack.

message 4: by Mike (new)

Mike | 389 comments I've seen a few eps each of Angel Beats, FMA:Brotherhood and Kanon. All pretty good and looking forward to watching more.

Recently saw Summer Wars for the first time (great movie) and rewatched Kino's Journey (my favorite anime).

A lot of friends have recommended SAO to me. Have to check it out at some point.

message 5: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments @Jennifer I love Wolf's Rain, it is so amazing! I really to re watch it but no time!
@Mike how is Angel Beats? I want to watch it cause it's pretty short and I might enjoy it

message 6: by Nekokit (new)

Nekokit | 747 comments Happy Lesson.
It is funny to watch and a very unique story to it as well.
I watched Happy Lesson on a disk I borrowed at my local library. But the second disk is on loan so I need to wait. I really want to watch the rest.

I'm also going to start watching black butler as well.
I have read the first two books in the series, but I'm not sure the anime will be as good as the manga.
I guess I will try, but I might stick reading the books till I start watching the anime.

message 7: by Mike (new)

Mike | 389 comments Harshini WatchMeRead wrote: "@Mike how is Angel Beats? I want to watch it cause it's pretty short and I might enjoy it"

I'm only a couple of episodes in, but I really like it so far. Animation's really good and it has a nice level of humor set against a weird, somewhat somber premise. From what I've heard from friends I'm expecting all of that to continue and to enjoy the rest of the series.

Nekokit wrote: "Happy Lesson.
It is funny to watch and a very unique story to it as well. "

Happy Lesson is a riot. I had an issue with the plot later on and the OAV's were very disappointing, but the main series is hilarious and a lot of fun.

message 8: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Dutcher  | 35 comments Baka and Test was suprisingly good. A crazy class of misfits fight other classes via RPG-style battles based on their academic skills, and it's got some hilarious moments to it.

I finally saw Makoto Shinkai's Children who Chase Lost Voices. It's...different. It comes across like him trying to do Miyazaki, and while it's a beautiful film, it's a lot more somber and depressing than Miyazaki's fare.

I also was surprised to see Loups-Garous now has an anime. I'd save your money though and watch it on Hulu. It's more confusing than the book, and it doesn't help they screwed up the gender of one of the characters in translation.

message 9: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments @Nekokit I think the manga and anime are equally good, but I like the manga better. The animation is pretty good though :)

message 10: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments SO for a change I started watching School Rumble! And it is so hilarious!!! I think I am gonna watch that now

message 11: by Nekokit (new)

Nekokit | 747 comments @Harshini WatchMeRead, School Rumble is funny!
I only watched the first episode, but I just haven't had time to watch it.

message 12: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Yes it is, I am gonna try and at least finish watching the first season :)

message 13: by jenny (new)

jenny Mike, I just watched the first 2 episodes of Keno's Journey on Hulu. That's all they have, unfortunately. I really like it, so I'll look around for the rest of the series.

message 14: by Mike (new)

Mike | 389 comments Jennifer (jeejee) wrote: "Mike, I just watched the first 2 episodes of Keno's Journey on Hulu. That's all they have, unfortunately. I really like it, so I'll look around for the rest of the series."

Glad you enjoyed it! It retains the same surreal, sometime uncomfortable wonder throughout and there are some really incredible episodes later on.

message 15: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Wondering... Is High School Debut an anime??

message 16: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments I couldn't find one, but it looks like there is a live action show.

message 17: by Callie (new)

Callie Hughes | 4 comments Im watching Sword Art Online and Tsuritama.

message 18: by Shu (new)

Shu Ying | 9 comments Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo is an awesome series.

message 19: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Thanks Kristen! Might as well read it sometime..

message 20: by Yue (new)

Yue | 67 comments Now I am watching Ao No Exorcist.

I wonder, do you guys watch Doramas? I recently started (so far 2 I loooved, 1 was MEH and the last one, UGHH) and I want some recommendations. I read online that one of the best doramas is Hana Yori Dango. I tried watching the first chapter and I was surprised at how awful the plot was (no mean to offend anyone who likes the manga!)

message 21: by Nekokit (new)

Nekokit | 747 comments I just finished Happy Lesson. It was okay, but not the best anime I had ever seen.

When I went to return the Happy Lesson DVDs, I saw the first disc of School Rumble. And of course I borrowed it! Now I'm finally resuming the anime.

So now I'm watching School Rumble.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I just started Kimi ni Todoke and Negima. I've also been watching Sailor Moon off and on. It gets so repetitive that I have to walk away and come back later. And I only have like two episodes of Kanon left.

message 23: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments @Nekokit I just watched 3 episodes of School Rumble, I don't have much time to watch :( must watch later

message 24: by Nekokit (new)

Nekokit | 747 comments Same! ☺

message 25: by Mike (new)

Mike | 389 comments Nekokit wrote: "I just finished Happy Lesson. It was okay, but not the best anime I had ever seen.

When I went to return the Happy Lesson DVDs, I saw the first disc of School Rumble. And of course I borrowed it..."

For the most part I found Happy Lesson hilarious, but it definitely could have been better as a whole. It was a nice twist on the normal "harem anime" setup (as most of the core characters weren't love interests), but the plot definitely takes a back seat to the humor often. Also, (view spoiler)

Haven't heard much about School Rumble. How is it?

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I have decided I need to watch some classics. I'm going to watch Akira, Ghost in the Shell, and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

message 27: by Nekokit (new)

Nekokit | 747 comments I'm so angry!

I'm enjoying school rumble and I finished the first disc of school rumble which had the first 5 episodes.
But when I went to my local library there is only disc 3, 4 and 5! I searched, but no school rumble disc 2!
I'm really annoyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ):
I hate it when they only get some books/discs of a series and not get the other books/discs of a series!
Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
No how am I supposed to watch school rumble? ):

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I feel your pain. School Rumble was on Netflix and when I was halfway through the show Netflix took it off! Lol

message 29: by Nekokit (new)

Nekokit | 747 comments I sadly stop watching School Rumble, so now i'm watching Lucky Star. I'm finding it funny so far!

message 30: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahlsmith42) Anime is pretty much my only TV since I don't have cable. Here's what I am watching:
Chihayafuru Season 2
Psycho-Pass
Kotoura-San
Oreshura
Shinsekai Yori (From Another World)
Zetsuen no Tempest
Recently Finished:
Kimi ni Todoke
Chuunibyou...
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Say I Love You

message 31: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Wow Sarah thats a lot !!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

That is a lot watch.....I just finished watching Black Butler in season 1.......Now just watching One Piece, very slowly since collecting in Dvds'

message 33: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments How was Black Butler Melissa? I loved it :)

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Nekokit, I feel your pain. My library does that to me all the time. Also, I love Lucky Star. Amazon has the collectors editions of LS for $6.68 a piece, and there are five of them. They originally cost $65. I'm definitely buying a few when I have the money.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I stand corrected. The price just went up to $16.24 for the first volume. Which is still considerably less than the original price, but that sucks.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Harshini WatchMeRead wrote: "How was Black Butler Melissa? I loved it :)"

I really love it as well, especially the ending of Black Butler ^^

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I just started Highschool of the Dead. Even though it doesn't have the best reputation because of all the sexual references, I still like it. I'll admit, it's not the greatest show out there, but it also isn't very long, so it's not a complete waste of time, and it's amusing enough to keep me watching. It's kind of a guilty pleasure kind of show.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Wednesday wrote: "I stand corrected. The price just went up to $16.24 for the first volume. Which is still considerably less than the original price, but that sucks."

What is up with Amazon? They raised the price again! Now it's $45! Are they serious?

message 39: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Why do they do that??? Was it under a limited offer sort of thing? $45 is a lot from $6.68 :\

message 40: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments And yeah Highschool of the Dead is definitely not the best. I thought Japanese zombies would be cooler or better, not the same old ones :|

message 41: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Melissa wrote: "Harshini WatchMeRead wrote: "How was Black Butler Melissa? I loved it :)"

I really love it as well, especially the ending of Black Butler ^^"

I really need to watch season 2 *sigh*

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

There really is season two of Black Butler?

message 43: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Yes there is! But I am yet to watch it

message 44: by Karin (new)

Karin B. Kiessling (yousei_chan) | 6 comments I'm watching
Psycho Pass
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Hetalia The beautiful World
One piece
Amnesia
Magi

PD: I saw the second season of Black Butler but it has nothing to do with the manga I was a little disappointed by that

message 45: by Raven (new)

Raven (fallenravenqueen) I'm watching the following:

1. Amnesia
2. Bakuman. 3
3. Chihayafuru 2
4. Cuticle Tantei Inaba
5. Detective Conan
6. Fairy Tail
7. Ginga e Kickoff!!
8. Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun
9. Hunter x Hunter (2011)
10. Kotoura-san
11. Love Live! School Idol Project
12. Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
13. Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
14. Naruto: Shippuuden
15. One Piece
16. Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
17. Psycho-Pass
18. Robotics;Notes
19. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
20. Toriko
21. Vividred Operation
22. Zetsuen no Tempest

message 46: by Nekokit (new)

Nekokit | 747 comments Wow! That is A LOT of anime!

message 47: by Marajean (last edited Feb 18, 2013 09:10PM) (new)

Marajean | 56 comments I like the Hana Yori Dango anime. I loved Meteor Garden, which is the Tai version of HYD. I was not a fan of the Japanese or Korean versions of it, nor did I care for Meteor Garden 2.

I love Gumiho, I believe also called Forbidden Love. This is NOT My Girlfriend is a Gumiho.

Here's a music video for it from youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzSShJ...

I loved every season of Gokusen, and I love the manga and the anime is good too. The main girl is a high school teacher and she gets the roughest toughest group to teach. But she's okay with that because actually she's the granddaughter of a yakuza boss and she grew up in the midst of them after her parents died.

Of course, if the school knew she'd be kicked out.

Another favorite is Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang.

The main guy moves to the same school the main girl goes to. He's kind of a delinquent and she's the smartest girl at school but she's also all about money. His father is a cop of some sort. He winds up drinking juice at her place while her mother is out and the juice is full of alcohol. He passes out in her bedroll and the school threatens to kick both of them out. Solution is they get married so they can stay in school.

Of course the hero of the story has a girl he loves. She doesn't love him and only sees him as a little brother so he decides to go ahead with the marriage.

The heroine of the story winds up meeting a young successful super-rich spoiled guy who falls in love with her.

The girl the hero loved winds up getting ditched by her boyfriend and then wants the hero now that he's unavailable.

So these two have all sorts of conflict going on, and the story takes place in two stages. One is school and the other is after they are graduated and settled into their careers if you will.

I really love the soundtracks to both Gumiho and Choon-Hyang also.

As for anime I'm currently watching. I'm bad. I just bought the first 15 episodes of Hunter X Hunter so I'll wind up watching those soon and I also just bought the first four seasons of Prince of Tennis so that'll come next.

I bought Kaze no Stigma a while ago when it was cheap but I didn't make it very far because it's not something I particularly like.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

My boyfriend and I are going through InuYasha together. We're currently almost finished with season 2 and are going to watch the first movie once we finish season 2.

message 49: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Lucky! I really want to watch Inuyasha again! I watched it since the beginning in 2004 so I have forgot a lot of stuff from the story :(

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven't seen it all the way through. I only caught episodes late at night on Adult Swim, and they tended to be out of order.

« previous 1