Science and Inquiry discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Club 2013 > February 2013 Group Read Nominations

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Betsy, co-mod (last edited Dec 22, 2012 02:19AM) (new)

Betsy | 1703 comments Mod
It's time to select what we want to read for February 2013. You can post your nominations in this thread. Please be sure to use the "add book/author" link just above the comment box, so other members will be able to evaluate your selection easily. Also, don't hesitate to suggest something which was nominated before but not selected.

We suggest that you try to avoid books published in just the last few months. Sometimes it takes a while for new books to become available as e-books, or in other countries, or in libraries. Remember, we are a diverse group.

Nominations will close on December 28.

message 2: by Martina (new)

Martina | 31 comments I'd like to suggest a book that has been nominated before: The Man Who Loved Only Numbers: The Story of Paul Erdös and the Search for Mathematical Truth

It seems very interesting, and perhaps it would be nice to have book related to math in February.

message 3: by Shaaban (new)

Shaaban | 27 comments I'd like to suggest "Every Patient Tells a Story " by Lisa Sanders,M.D

message 4: by bup (new)

bup | 19 comments Because I've gotten a copy, I'll put back into consideration "Snowball Earth."

message 6: by Matt (new)

message 7: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 334 comments I nominate The Age of Insight: The Quest to Understand the Unconscious in Art, Mind and Brain from Vienna 1900 to the Present, which looks like an all-encompassing book on brain science, cognition, psychology and the arts. I was flipping through it, and it's terrific. I'll have to look more into Kandel's work.

message 8: by Steve (new)

Steve Van Slyke (steve_van_slyke) | 376 comments How about: The Story of Earth: The First 4.5 Billion Years, from Stardust to Living Planet?

I read Hazen's "Genesis" and it was outstanding.

message 9: by Martina (new)

Martina | 31 comments Matt wrote: "I'd love to read The Man Who Loved Only Numbers: The Story of Paul Erdös and the Search for Mathematical Truth so I'll second Martina's nomination. :)"
Hehe, you're tempting me to say that old one: "Great minds..." ;)

message 10: by Trever (new)

Trever (treverreeh) I'd love to read The Man Who Loved Only Numbers: The Story of Paul Erdös and the Search for Mathematical Truth so I'll third Martina's recommendation.

message 12: by Betsy, co-mod (new)

Betsy | 1703 comments Mod
Nominations are closed. Please vote on the book you'd like to read at the following poll:

http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/76...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.