Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

NA Books > NA Book Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-50 of 152 (152 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Please list NA books you believe to be a must read. The ones you really can't forget and will stay with you forever.

message 2: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 286 comments NA is my new fav genre but I think I'm left behind in this genre since I read many of it based on your recommendation :D
The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski is definitely one of books that I can't forget. In fact, it's like my personal book. I also loved Charade (Games, #1) by Nyrae Dawn .

message 3: by Nitzan (new)

Nitzan Schwarz (nitzanafterwords) The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) by Jessica Sorensen is definitely a must read in this section, I just think you shouldn't read it until the sequel comes out because otherwise the ending will kill you :<

message 4: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 286 comments This one also, First Comes Love (First Comes Love, #1) by Katie Kacvinsky , will stay on my mind

message 5: by Jess (new)

Jess | 33 comments Definitely have to say Beautiful Disaster and The Breathing Series, can't pick which is my favourite though!

message 6: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 286 comments Jessie wrote: "Definitely have to say Beautiful Disaster and The Breathing Series, can't pick which is my favourite though!"

Oh, I loved breathing series, can't wait for Out of Breathe next June

message 7: by NJ (new)

NJ Nitzan wrote: "The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) by Jessica Sorensen is definitely a must read in this section, I just think you shouldn't read it until the sequel comes out because otherwise the ending will ..."

I agree with this the book was brilliant but what a cliff hanger.

That Slytherin Girl Reads  (shereadsatnight) The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski would have to bmy top recommendation! ^^,

message 9: by Sylvia (new)

The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski and Hopeless by Colleen Hoover are my top 2 must reads ... You must all give these two books a go

message 10: by Noemi (new)

Noemi (noemihackmann) | 267 comments Heinzypop wrote: "The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski and Hopeless by Colleen Hoover are my top 2 must reads ... You must all give these two books a go"

I agree with you, Sylvia, they're a must read!!

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 36 comments I am wondering what an NA book is

message 12: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
Well, well, well looky here. I have to agree with Sylvia, if there is a book that is going to stay with me I am going to say it is Hopeless by Colleen Hoover because it has been with me now going on the 5th day and I feel like I read it yesterday.

A very close second is Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout which I hate/love. Love Daemon and hate the cliffhanger.

message 13: by Tracy (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "I am wondering what an NA book is"

Well Elizabeth, Sylvia could probably elaborate more on this. *she knows EVERYTHING!* But I am pretty sure NA is New Adult and that is where the characters are older than in the YA.

message 14: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 8 comments All of the above are great. Check out Easy, thoughtless, Someone to Love.

message 15: by Tracy (new)

Noemi wrote: "Heinzypop wrote: "The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski and Hopeless by Colleen Hoover are my top 2 must reads ... You must all give these two books a go"

I agree with you, Sylvia, they're a m..."

Been hearing a lot about The Edge of Never. Maybe I should read that soon.

message 16: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 8 comments Also Going Under and Shallow.

message 17: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 36 comments Thank I'm learning all of this still so pretty much it's just the age differences

message 18: by Sylvia (new)

Tracy wrote: "Noemi wrote: "Heinzypop wrote: "The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski and Hopeless by Colleen Hoover are my top 2 must reads ... You must all give these two books a go"

I agree with you, Sylvi..."

Um yes you should read that soon ... love love love it!!

message 19: by Sylvia (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "I am wondering what an NA book is"

NA stands for New Adult and basically is the genre that covers the college age but we think 18 - 26 is more like it ... though most of us who are reading all these books are much older ahem *looks around to see if anyone has noticed my age* LOL but NA will be a lot more edgier, riskier and sexier than YA books e.g. if there is a sex scene in YA it usually reads like a fade away but if it's in NA it's detailed more

message 20: by Tracy (new)

Heinzypop wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "I am wondering what an NA book is"

NA stands for New Adult and basically is the genre that covers the college age but we think 18 - 26 is more like it ... though most of us who a..."

Yeah, what she said.

message 21: by Sylvia (new)

Tracy wrote: "Heinzypop wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "I am wondering what an NA book is"

NA stands for New Adult and basically is the genre that covers the college age but we think 18 - 26 is more like it ... thoug..."

LOL

message 22: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 8 comments Check out My Perfect Mistake.

message 23: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melstephensbooks) I loved Easy by Tammara Webber and Someone Else's Fairytale by Emily Mah Tippetts

message 24: by Tara (new)

Tara (taterbeans) | 1066 comments I HAVE SO MANY!!!! And if everyone loves NA they should sign up for the NA reading challenge this year!! it will be awesome!!!!

message 25: by Sylvia (new)

Tara wrote: "I HAVE SO MANY!!!! And if everyone loves NA they should sign up for the NA reading challenge this year!! it will be awesome!!!!"

Where is this Tara??

message 26: by Tara (new)

Tara (taterbeans) | 1066 comments It's on my blog.
Let me find the link

message 27: by Tara (new)

Tara (taterbeans) | 1066 comments http://www.taterstalltails.com/2012/1...

There are a lot of links for NA books and there is also a gr group to join!!!

message 28: by Sylvia (new)

Tara wrote: "http://www.taterstalltails.com/2012/1...

There are a lot of links for NA books and there is also a gr group to join!!!"

I'll take a look hun thank you

message 29: by Erika (new)

Erika (erikafiorucci) | 26 comments I love "Losing it" (Cora Carmack)...is the kind of book that I read, and read, and read and never get tired of it

message 30: by K.R. (new)

K.R. Elliott (KRElliott) | 5 comments It is great to see this category (NA) taking off.
I am the author of a series that has grown with the protagonists. In doing so the way the story is told has matured from YA to NA. At book launches (when speaking with readers) I have often worried when I sign a book for a young teen reader. I generally ask what other books they have read to gauge their maturity level. Many times I have spoken to both mum and daughter and am happy when I hear that the mum has been hooked on the series first and has approvingly passed it on to their teen. I have found it easier to just not class my series as YA but I love this idea of NA. At least then when the story develops there will be no unwanted surprises when they go from book to book and the sex scenes heat up.
I have enjoyed looking through all these posts and seeing what other books are being classed as NA.

For those NA Fantasy Romance eBook readers - The first book in my series is currently reduced in price and is also listed with Amazon Prime for FREE until Sunday. Follow links below.

http://www.amazon.com/OUT-BLUE-Tales-...

http://www.krelliott.com.au/

message 31: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crystalf1423) | 26 comments I loved The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay

message 32: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (wishin_esther) | 13 comments I just got beautiful disaster so ill be reading that after poison study. You guys read so many books i feel so left behind. Lol. But ill take where i am and build on that. The people know me by name at the library I'm there 3x a week.

message 33: by AD (new)

AD (ad345) | 96 comments Fall From Grace (Mad World, #1) by Christine Zolendz Losing It by Cora Carmack Accidentally on Purpose by L.D. Davis Rule (Rule, #1) by Jay Crownover
There's just so many...but these are ones I read recently and liked them :)

message 34: by Scott-robert (new)

Scott-robert Shenkman | 202 comments Crystal wrote: "I loved The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay"

Freaking amazing! Not my usual kind of book, but I'm glad I took a gamble. The last two sentences alone made it perfect.

message 35: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 704 comments Okay, I have a question, what's a good book to start the NA Genre with?

I've got The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) by Jessica Sorensen Rule (Rule, #1) by Jay Crownover Fallen Crest High (Fallen Crest High, #1) by Tijan Forever Mine (The Moreno Brothers, #1) by Elizabeth Reyes The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys, #1) by Abbi Glines (Although i think i was given the YA edition) That Boy (That Boy, #1) by Jillian Dodd Never Say Never (Never Knights, #1) by Kailin Gow Static by Tawny Stokes And a couple others on my kindle. So, yeah, any opinions?

message 36: by Ethereal Me (new)

Ethereal Me Gabby wrote: "Okay, I have a question, what's a good book to start the NA Genre with?

I've got The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) by Jessica SorensenRule (Rule, #1) by Jay CrownoverFallen Crest High (Fallen Crest High, #1) by Tijan[b..."

Forever Mine is horrifying dont start with it

message 37: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 704 comments Sky wrote: "Gabby wrote: "Okay, I have a question, what's a good book to start the NA Genre with?

I've got The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) by Jessica SorensenRule (Rule, #1) by Jay Crownover[bookcover:Fallen Crest Hi..."

Okay. Any good ones? :)

message 38: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crystalf1423) | 26 comments The only one I've read out of your selection is Rule (Rule, #1) by Jay Crownover and I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure whether you have the edited version or not, but the version I read was in desperate need of editing; not sure if that bothers you or not. But overall the story was pretty great!

message 39: by Gabby (last edited Feb 08, 2013 02:46PM) (new)

Gabby | 704 comments Cool. I don't mind the editing as much as some others do, but it can get annoying, so thanks :)

Rule 2 vote (s)
The Vincent Boys 1 vote
Forever Mine -1 vote

:)

message 40: by AD (new)

AD (ad345) | 96 comments Gabby wrote: "Okay, I have a question, what's a good book to start the NA Genre with?

I've got The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) by Jessica SorensenRule (Rule, #1) by Jay CrownoverFallen Crest High (Fallen Crest High, #1) by Tijan[b..."

Rule and The Vincent Boys are both really good :)

message 41: by Marylene (new)

Marylene | 38 comments NA books?

message 42: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela | 384 comments New Adult

message 43: by Marylene (new)

Marylene | 38 comments Lol...it just registered and I was just about to ask if that's what it meant. Thanks!

message 44: by Gabriela (last edited Feb 08, 2013 04:38PM) (new)

Gabriela | 384 comments :)Don't you just love acronyms!

message 45: by Marylene (new)

Marylene | 38 comments I gotta say...I really do.

Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) (gcrdee) | 1 comments Rachmi wrote: "This one also, First Comes Love (First Comes Love, #1) by Katie Kacvinsky, will stay on my mind"

OMG I LOVE THIS BOOK!

message 47: by Emma (last edited Feb 11, 2013 04:26PM) (new)

Emma Adams (eladams) Hopeless, Easy and Pushing the Limits are all awesome. Looking forward to reading The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden next. :)

message 48: by E.C. (new)

E.C. Adams (ecadams) | 66 comments Hi! My personal faves are Beautiful Disaster and Easy.

I'm in the process of editing my own New Adult novel by the name 'The Vampire Code'. I just posted the first chapter on Goodreads under the 'writing' section, hoping to get tons of comments and feeback from fans of the genre like myself. I welcome your comments and THANK YOU for your time. Here's the link:- http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3...

message 49: by Jessica (last edited Feb 13, 2013 11:06AM) (new)

Jessica | 13 comments Losing It
ROFL good! It was super refreshing since I spend so much time in paranormal, fantasy books.

message 50: by Paula (last edited Feb 16, 2013 07:50AM) (new)

« previous 1 3 4