Worlds Away discussion

Roleplays

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» (last edited Dec 23, 2012 11:30AM) (new)

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 139 comments Mod
What sort of stories or adventures are desired?

The Idea List
° Ancient Civilization
° Empire of Pollux
° Experienced Apprentice/Total Noob
° Future Universe
° Government Testing
° Master-Apprentices
° Two Worlds Fighting
° World Conquest

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) Hmm... World conquest?

Battle between two worlds and one gets stuck in-between?

I still like the idea from Burdened with glorious purpose (view spoiler)

Mm, yes. Good ideas! I think I'll work more on my idea based off the last one you mentioned there and see if you like it.

Can you expand upon those first two ideas a little bit? I think I know what you mean by world conquest, but I'm a little lost with the second.

message 5: by ▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa (last edited Dec 22, 2012 11:53AM) (new)

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) World Conquest- Like some small kingdom decides they want to become the supreme power in the world and they pretty much buy/conquer all other kingdoms on Earth.

Two worlds fighting- So there is one universe/dimension/planet/whatever that is fighting with another universe/dimension/planet/whatever and our universe/dimension/planet/whatever get caught in the crossfire and either have to mediate between the two or force both other universes/dimensions/planets/whatevers to stop.

Or another idea I just thought up while looking at the group's picture is that there is actually an ancient civilization that once ruled the world and our characters are trying to either

a- discover the secrets of this lost kingdom

or

b- revive the kingdom and finish their goal of world conquest. ((See "World Conquest-"))

Oh! Thank you! I will add those to the idea list.

I have an idea, but I am having a hard time putting it into complete sentences, so...

Future Universe—The universe, a long, long time in the future. Not necessarily from the perspective of citizens of Earth (Yes, somehow it is still around.) but rather from all sorts of different worlds. Let me try to explain: In the very distant future, people (from many different planets) have advanced enough to make the universe very accessible. There are a few planets/galaxies that have more influence in the universe that act sort of as a police force. They protect galaxies with infant peoples who are newer and not so advanced as to be able to protect themselves and try to keep a general order of peace in the universe. But the universe is a vast, enormous place, and trouble is brewing.

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) I like it but as you mentioned "the universe is a vast, enormous place" so that might cause problems...

An excellent point. If we did it, though, we would put focus on a few particular areas and ignore the rest. Likely so, anyways.

message 10: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Like that one world with Dark Matter... :)

Although there's always a combo idea: In a future universe in which intergalactic travel is reaching a new age, an empire has risen to conquer the few planets that hold the advanced denizens of space, the Empire of Pollux. As the power of the Pollux reach their hand across the galaxy, they are brought to a halt by a new force, located in the region of the star Sirius. the small civilization Siriu will be able to use the power of its ancient civilization to turn the tides of war.

As for the addition of the Master apprentices thing... I'm pretty sure that could be included in how a sort of status/ranking system works for the empire or rebel civilization. The only thing that appears in my head is the whole Sith culture of having a master and apprentice (in which after a period of time the apprentice must overwhelm the master and take their title for their own etc.) but whatever.

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisakojewer) | 10 comments What about a situation where it's not so much "master/apprentice" as "experienced apprentice/total n00b apprentice who will get themselves killed if they don't have someone corralling them"? That has less Sith connotations. And might be hilarious.
For a complete clusterf*ck (not sure what your cursing policy is), you could have groups of l33t apprentice/n00b apprentice teams on different sides of two worlds fighting. And both of them are ancient civilizations, from the perspective of the future. And both sides are conquering neutral territory on one planet which is pivotal to the way the war will end.
(I really like the clusterf*ck option. If you only take one idea from me, let it be the clusterf*ck.)

Kataury wrote: "Like that one world with Dark Matter... :) "

I still secretly/not-secretly am in love with that one. A lot. Except I don't want to try to replicate that one here.

I'm a huge fan of the Empire of Pollux idea. Just saying. Not that I don't love all these other ideas, because I do.

Sith... Is this based off of Star Wars or was that unintentional? (It sounded familiar so I googled it.)

Lisa, your approach to the cursing is approved by the dictator. Continue as such.

I just wanted to post all my thoughts separately. I apologize for the inconvenience.

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) I don't know... It seems like having two different groups of apprentices might be a little too complicated if no one actually knows what their doing. I say we stick with the original one master, a bunch of apprentices, and they all (excluding the master) have to work in pairs. If you have an idiot and an experienced person together, their personalities are too incompatible and the partnership will fail, making the RP complete sh*t.

message 18: by Matthew (last edited Dec 23, 2012 05:30AM) (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 38 comments I have an all together different idea, though yours are perfectly good as well.

How about:

A small town in the country.
A peaceful place practically in the middle of nowhere,
surrounded by a ridge of mountains.
Actually, they are the only civilization in this valley.
No one has ever ventured across the mountains.
The only things they know about what lays beyond is covered in legends.
Tales of horrors and monsters that made your blood run cold.

What exactly lays beyond the mountains?

Then here comes the twist.
This town is not what it seems.
The legends are merely tales to keep them from wandering.
Why?
Because this is not really a town.
The parents aren't really their parents.
All the adults in the town are fake.
The children have all been lied too.

Beneath the town is a enormous goverment facility.
The adults are all agents of the goverment, any love they show is fake.
The whole entire town is part of a goverment experiment.
All the children are the test subjects.
Oh, but within the children lies a secret.
A secret the children must learn, and they want to steal.

Beyond the mountains is the rest of civilization.
It year 2134.
The world has advanced much in the last century.
What lies out there for these children?

message 19: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 38 comments *grr* I have to go.

Well, that the base of the idea. ._.

Matthew. I love it! That's fabulous! (I'm planning on doing lots of roleplays here, just so you all know. Burdened is just one, maybe two, but I would like to end up with quite a few here.)

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) That's Matty-poo for you. Always has long, complicated, well planned ideas.

message 22: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisakojewer) | 10 comments Matthew, that sounds pretty cool.
(Oh, by the way, the clusterf*ck was an actual proposal. But since I apparently suck at naming, I'll leave it to whichever of you guys wants to give it a fancier name.)

I think it would be funny, but would ultimately turn into 3-4 people dragging out an unending story while the rest of us got ignored/pushed out. I will add it to the idea list, though!

Any other ideas I've failed to put on the list?

Lisa, I listed your idea as "Experienced Apprentice/Total Noob".

message 25: by Zoey (new)

Zoey (zzoey) ⸢Le Golden Crow⸥ wrote: "Hmm... World conquest?

I still like the idea from Burdened with glorious purpose ☭Dawn☭ ₮ℋℇ WℌiT℈ ℵIℵℑA TUℜTLℨ wrote: "How abou..."

⸢Le Golden Crow⸥ wrote: "Hmm... World conquest?

I still like the idea from Burdened with glorious purpose ☭Dawn☭ ₮ℋℇ WℌiT℈ ℵIℵℑA TUℜTLℨ wrote: "How abou..."

OOH OOH OOH I LIKE THE BATTLE BETWEEN TWO WORLDS THING.

Never tried that before.

message 26: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 38 comments It is one of those idea that people use often... it's a classic plot. ._.

message 27: by Zoey (new)

Zoey (zzoey) Seriously? I have never seen it before...interesting.

So what are we doing? I'm up for whatever.

message 28: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 38 comments Go vote on the polls. xP

message 29: by Zoey (new)

Zoey (zzoey) They're closed, I think. :\

message 31: by Zoey (new)

Zoey (zzoey) It's okay. I'll role with any of them.

message 32: by s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» (last edited Dec 26, 2012 12:03PM) (new)

I reopened them for y'all.

message 33: by Zoey (new)

Zoey (zzoey) Aww thanks!

Belladonna (~Miriam Daisy Rose~) (miriamdaisyrose) | 11 comments Yippee! Thank-you!

message 35: by Zoey (new)

Zoey (zzoey) Awww. You're hiding them!!!!

message 37: by Quinten (new)

Quinten | 20 comments Wow

Good wow or bad wow and what to?

Amir is a ßø≤≤ | 3 comments Awesome! I'm cool with Apprentice/Noob and Government

Actually, we just finished the polls and it will be Ancient Civilizations (Marisa's idea in message 5) and the Government Testing (message 18).

Wait a moment, I can't do math. I need to go reexamine this. Can you guys all see the results now? I may need you all to double-check my math... (In my defense, I did it at two in the morning last night/very early this morning.)

message 42: by s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» (last edited Dec 27, 2012 10:24AM) (new)

Poll results. (If you want to check, I set it up as: First poll + second poll = total.)

Ancient Civilizations: 3 + 0 = 3
Empire of Pollux: 1 + 1 = 2
Experienced Apprentice/Total Noob: 1 + 0 = 1
Future Universe: 1 + 1 = 2
Government Testing: 2 + 3 = 5
Master and Apprentices: 0 + 1 = 1
Two Worlds Fighting: 1 + 0 = 1
World Conquest: 0 + 2 = 2

So Government Testing was an obvious winner with 5 total votes. However, we have one with 3 votes, three with 2 votes, and three with 1 vote.

Do you want to have a run-off vote? I must say that I was hoping for larger margins, but I seek your input.

Amir is a ßø≤≤ | 3 comments Sure.

message 45: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisakojewer) | 10 comments Sure, let's have a runoff.

Any other input? In favor or opposed?

Belladonna (~Miriam Daisy Rose~) (miriamdaisyrose) | 11 comments I'm in favor. Perhaps the run-off could include only the options that received three and two votes?

That's what I was thinking. All right, that is happening.

I hope you all realize that you don't make any sense. (In reference to the polls.) But whatever. I'll figure something out while I get the government testing one set up.

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) The data is conflicting because you are looking at it incorrectly.

For first choice, most people wanted to do Ancient Civilization.

Second choice was Government testing.

From the first two polls combined, most people wanted to do government testing then Ancient Civilization.

In the run-off you confused people by having ancient civilization there when it was already on the list of role plays to be created. That is why no one voted for it in the run-off. Instead future universe was selected in the run-off. Empire of Pollux was only one vote behind future universe.

That and not everyone voted for each poll.

First choice turnout - 9
Second choice turnout - 8
Run-off turnout - 7

« previous 1