Eastern European Literature discussion

book of the month

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jean (new)

Jean | 2 comments Does this group still exist? If so, how about a book to discuss for the month?

Jean

Aura Penélope  (penelopecordova) | 1 comments I wonder the same. If there's anyone there, maybe i can propose something, maybe something related just with the avatar or this group, Ivo Andric's The Bridge over the Drina. I don't know, it's just an idea.

message 3: by Franz (new)

Franz Badu | 2 comments I also hope, that this group still exists. I joined only recently and would like to discuss and exchange opinions. :)

message 4: by Jean (new)

Jean | 2 comments Look at that! Only two+ years between my question and a response. Perhaps there are three of us. I just discovered I have two copies of Bridge over the Drina. Only problem is I'm trying to cut back on attempting to read too many books at once. However..
Jean

message 5: by Brigi (new)

Brigi (thekeyholder) Hi there, I joined the group while it was still on hiatus. Not sure if I have enough time to do this, but I could try. I'll have to check Bridge Over the Drina, I don't know it.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

message 6: by Franz (new)

Franz Badu | 2 comments Cool, do you all really want to read Bridge on the drina? I would love to discuss it here with you after I read it. Plus: There's a great bosnian-german author called Sasa Stanisic who wrote a rather humorous novel about how he escaped the bosnian war with his family and went to germany. Big Parts of the novel are in Visegrad as that is where he's from.

This is the novel: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

We could read this one and bridge on the drina and compare the two and their takes on the city visegrad and life in Bosnia! :)

message 7: by Jovan (new)

Jovan Autonomašević | 1 comments Franz wrote: "Cool, do you all really want to read Bridge on the drina? I would love to discuss it here with you after I read it. Plus: There's a great bosnian-german author called Sasa Stanisic who wrote a rath..."
Cool idea, but doesn't seem to have enjoyed a follow-up.
I like the idea of comparing books with a similar theme; how about I Hate Martin Amis et al. and The Damned Balkans: A Refugee Road Trip for September? Or October, if it's already too late?