John Green. discussion

Books > Your First John Green book.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 77 (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kristina (last edited Dec 21, 2012 03:48PM) (new)

Kristina | 100 comments Mod
Which was your first John Green novel?

The first book by John that I read was Looking For Alaska.
I remember falling so in love with it, and then finding Katherines, and just adoring these books because they made me feel so many things (much like Harry Potter had done). Not to mention the cleverness and hilarity of the prose.

message 2: by Trixie (new)

Trixie (misukochan) | 1 comments My friend recommended Looking for Alaska and I loved it on first read that I just had to get my own copy. It's probably one of the best books I've read.

message 3: by Asser (new)

Asser (asserbeeyatch) | 3 comments The Fault In Our Stars was my first John Green book. It was amazing and I can say that it's one of the best books I've ever read. I instantly got a thing for John Green when I finished it so I read Looking for Alaska next. Didn't like it as much as I like TFIOS but it was also a really great book. Haven't read another John Green book again but I'm planning to read Abundance of Katherines and Paper Towns. :)

message 4: by ↬ Sarah ↫ (last edited Apr 07, 2013 05:44PM) (new)

↬ Sarah ↫ | 11 comments TFiOS was the first, it was recommended to me, before it was this big. Then I really liked it and my brother owned Looking For Alaska, so I read that and started to love john green. Then it was Paper Towns, Abundance of Katherines, then Will Grayson, Will Grayson. I still haven't read Let it Snow or Zombiecorn.

message 5: by Annie (new)

Annie (the-sesquipedalian) | 21 comments The first ever book I read was Paper Towns and I was definitely not disappointed. My older sister recommended John Green, being an English teacher and all, and I am glad I read his books. :)

message 6: by Shirene (last edited Dec 25, 2012 07:57PM) (new)

Shirene | 1 comments The Fault in Our Stars was the first John Green novel I've read. It left me feeling empty and depressed and heartbroken. A great book can only be written by a great author, so I started reading his other works. TFIOS is still my favorite.

message 7: by Isabel (new)

Isabel | 63 comments My first was TFiOS, too. I love it so much. I've read every other book by him now.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

My first John Green book was TFIOS also. My sister had actually bought it after hearing about it online and she didn't read it, so I took it as I needed a new book to read. :) I knew who John Green was from YouTube and I thought this book sounded good from the description, plus I have a thing for books like this. Funny story, when I was watching a video from John and he mentioned "Looking for Alaska" I thought it was an informational book about Alaska! Haha! Anyway, yes TFIOS was my first and I loved it so much I had to go on and read "Paper Towns," "Looking for Alaska," and now I am reading "Katherines." I tried to read "Will Grayson, Will Grayson" but it didn't catch my interest and I gave up on it. TFIOS is still my favorite John Green book and my favorite book in general!

message 9: by Eurydice (new)

Eurydice The first book I read by John Green is the Fault in our Stars.. and I was in love with it.. it was a very amazing novel.. after reading the novel, i started to become a big fan of John Green.. and I started reading all his wonderful works without stopping..Now, all there's left to my reading list is His "Will Grayson, Will Grayson" which is co-authored by David Levithan.. another author I'm a big fan of!

message 10: by Emily (new)

Emily My first book by John Green was the magnificent Paper Towns!

message 11: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Stull | 2 comments The first book I read with John Green was a ESampler with all of his books and I fell in love. The first full book I read was Looking for Alaska.

message 12: by Jericha (new)

Jericha Cher | 2 comments Mine is TFiOS.

message 13: by Yerza (new)

Yerza (yerzaa) | 1 comments Looking for Alaska. I'm glad it was my first because it is easily one of my favourites. It also made me want to read all the other novels John Green wrote. They're so lovely. :)

message 14: by kat-sudon (new)

kat-sudon | 4 comments The Fault in Our Stars. My classmates have influenced me into reading it and that's when my fascination for John Green's books grew.

message 15: by Megs (new)

Megs (magnus_pegasus) | 2 comments The first for me was Looking for Alaska. I had just taken the sociology of death and dying in school, and I felt John Green did a wonderful job of portraying the grief process. I absolutely fell in love with this book and John Green's writing.

message 16: by Amy (new)

Amy Lawrence (amylawrence) The Fault in Our Stars. I read it in around nine hours and it was honestly such an amazing experience. Although I'm glad I read this one first, I don't think me reading tfios has changed my views when reading his other novels!

message 17: by Isabel (new)

Isabel | 63 comments I loved TFiOS!! It's my favorite book and it was just so well written.

message 18: by Cat (new)

Cat (catarineeem) My first John Green book was An Abudance of Katherines because, like Colin, I like Katherines (but not the same way he likes Katherines). I am one of the many versions of Katherines. What can I say?!
But I'm oh so in love with Mr.Green already. I can't wait till I read another one of his :)

message 19: by Alix (new)

Alix Fish | 10 comments My sisters boyfriend let me borrow Looking for Alaska and, while it's not my favourite John Green book, I don't regret reading it because now John Green's one of my favourite authors!

message 20: by Emily (new)

Emily My first was The Fault in Our Stars, surprisingly! It felt like I was wrapped into an entirely different world when I read it. A book had never made me feel so good and alive. A book had never made me laugh out loud and sob like a friggin baby. Then I was transferred into an entirely new world - the world of Nerdfighters.

message 21: by Monika (new)

Monika | 3 comments I first read Paper Towns and I completely fell in love with it. I decided that I had to read every single book by John Green and so I then ordered The fault in our stars, Looking for Alaska and An Abundance of Katherines immediatly after I finished it. The second book by him I read was TFiOS and I loved it even more than Paper Towns. :)

message 22: by Michaela (new)

Michaela Dominik (michaeladominik) | 3 comments The first John Green book that I read was The Fault In Our Stars and I fell in love as soon as I read the first sentence. I feel for his clever, witty, yet heartfelt writing. The characters and emotions were so vivid. The dialogue made me laugh out loud while crying. I have since read Looking For Alaska which I loved just as much, it too was funny and had an amazing story. I have Paper Towns and an Abundance of Katherine's to read next.

message 23: by E (new)

E Roche | 1 comments I just read my first John Green book last night and this morning(During my physics class). It was An Abundance of Katherines and I enjoyed it so much!!! It was funny and beautiful and eye-opening too. I can't wait to read more John Green!! I'm planning on reading more next time I'm going to the library. :D

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

The first John Green book I read was The Fault in our Stars...I loved it so much.

message 25: by Kandise (new)

Kandise Le Blanc (kandiseleblanc) | 5 comments My friend, who is a long time nerdfighter, recommended TFIOS to me because I had not read a modern book in over a year. After I read it I fell in love

message 26: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancymarie) | 1 comments One of my best friend recommended The Fault in Our Stars to me last February, right after it first came out, and I absolutely loved it, so of course I had to read the rest of John Green's books.

message 27: by Talia (new)

Talia Digiulio | 2 comments My first book was The Fault In Our Stars and I fell in love with John Green right there. I was not expecting to get a new favorite author when reading it. Then I read Looking for Alaska and now I am on Paper Towns

message 28: by Rosie (new)

Rosie (rozd21) The first book by John Green that I had the pleasure to read was Looking for Alaska. I stumbled across it in a book store whilst I was on holiday. The blurb enticed me to purchase the book and I was very pleased I did. I adore the book and love the characters. And then I moved onto TFIOS which I loved all the same.

message 29: by Nique 💫 (new)

Nique 💫 (aeonique) | 1 comments My first was the Fault in Our Stars, and no matter how many times i reread it, i just cannot stop myself from crying as if i was a cloud pouring rain over onto this miserable earth :P

message 30: by Helen (new)

Helen (itshelenuh) | 1 comments My first John Green book was "An Abundance of Katherines" didn't like it as much as I liked "Looking for Alaska" though. I've also read Paper Towns and Will Grayson, Will Grayson, I'm currently reading TFiOS.

message 31: by Amy (new)

Amy Rizz (amyrizz) | 7 comments My First John Green book was The Fault In Our Stars. All of my friends kept telling me how much they loved it. After I read TFIOS I got hooked. I then read Looking for Alaska, LOVED IT and then Paper Towns. I am looking forward to reading the rest. So Far Paper Town is my least favorite out of all of them.

message 32: by Helenna (new)

Helenna | 1 comments My first John green book was tfios, this book has been described as emotionally heavy by some but I think the moments shared between the two main characters are so indescribable, there's such a light heartedness on this heavy topic an it actually creates a nice balance between romance and qwerky-ness, I'm looking forward to looking for Alaska and am currently reading will Grayson will Grayson. :)

message 33: by Gigi (new)

Gigi Dunne | 2 comments Mine was Will Greyson, Will Greyson. I had heard of John Green from Tumblr so I downloaded it online, and I loved it! It's one of my favourites. I have since read every book except for Looking For Alaska, and I'm starting that now.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

My first book was Looking for Alaska. I've read around four of his books. I was intrigued by his writing style- since it is so engaging from the outset. I want to get my hands on more of his books.

message 35: by Liz (new)

Liz Koempel | 2 comments The Fault in Our Stars

message 36: by Mikayla9 (new)

Mikayla9 | 4 comments TFiOS was my first of his books. After reading it I couldn't resist reading the rest of John's books.

message 37: by House03 (new)

House03 | 5 comments Paper Towns!

message 38: by Roselyn (new)

Roselyn | 3 comments Looking For Alaska

message 39: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 1 comments Paper towns, it was good but after reading the fault in our stars and an abundance of Katherine's, I realised it wasn't one of his best books, the fault in our stars is definitely his best

message 40: by april (new)

april (dealwithapril) The first John Green book I have read is TFIOS. I remember I read this while I'm in the hospital keeping my mom company because she suffered extreme Vertigo. It was ironic for me especially everytime I'm reading a part where Gus or Hazel Grace is in a hospital... I feel like I know what they're feeling eventhough I'm sure I don't. Do you know what I mean?

Anyways... I was reading beside my mom's bed during the last parts and was trying really really hard not to cry cause my mom could see me and will probably thought I was being emotional with her being sick. So yeah. Thankfully some nurse came in and I had to compose myself. Haha! It was a great book! over all! :)

message 41: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahboese-hebbend) The first John Green book I read was Papertowns, and I loved it!!

message 42: by Mara (new)

Mara My first one was Paper Towns, which made me so emotional. And by emotional I meant getting angry at Margo for leaving Quinn just like that after he's been looking all over for her for days. Talk about a selfish girl that's still so interesting for me that it annoys me. And that's weirdly supposed to be considered a compliment because that means John Green's writing is AWESOME. <3

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

tfios and I was like AMAZING HAV TO READ MORE!

message 44: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer O'keefe | 1 comments My first John Green book was An Abundance of Katherines. When I read this book I instantly feel in love with John Green. My second book I read by him was Paper Towns and it was amazing. One of the best books I have ever read.

message 45: by Diandra (new)

Diandra | 1 comments My first John Green book was An Abundance of Katherines.
I love his books and I've read all of them but An Abundance of Katherines is definitely my fave.

message 46: by Selma (new)

Selma | 3 comments The Fault in Our Stars.. <3 it's one of the most touching books I've ever read. Love it

message 47: by Laura (new)

Laura (LauraMockingjayLaBonche) | 1 comments My first John Green book was Looking For Alaska and I just loved the humour in it because there aren't many books that are that deep and still funny. My second book by John Green was TFiOS which I still haven't finished but so far I love it!

message 48: by Alex (new)

Alex  Hernandez | 1 comments My first John Green book was TIFIOS. I read it in one day, and cried for every chapter. It was the best book I've ever read (well one of them at least) and it started me on the track to reading every single John Green book ever in all of existance

message 49: by Kyle (new)

Kyle (hiieimkyle) | 1 comments My first John Green books was Looking For Alaska and i literally finished it in one day. It is one of my favorite books. <3

message 50: by Gillan (new)

Gillan Ropero (gillanfrances) | 1 comments The Fault in Our Stars. I finished it within six hours straight because I literally couldn't put the book down. It was so amazing and anguishing at the same time.

« previous 1