Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Challenge-Impaired Help > Historical Romance

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo (new)

Jo Baptiste | 1 comments I read a historical romance book about 8 years ago, and I am trying to find it again. I can't seem to remember the author or title, but I do remember snippets of the plot. It was about a rich girl, who was sent to finishing school. She ran away, disguised herself as a boy named Kit, and went to work for guy she eventually married and had a child for. I believe her name before the disguise was Katherine/Cailyn. Anybody have an idea of the title or author of this book help me please, thanks :)

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Do you know what type of work she did, Jo?

message 3: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 3 comments I also read a book like this, but don't remember the name of it either, or even the names of the characters. But I will go through my books and see if I can't find it.

message 4: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments My problem is that I've read a lot of books where the heroine is named "Kit."

message 5: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 14 comments That isn't a lot to go on...

message 6: by Sherri (new)

Sherri McNamara  | 35 comments I believe that was by Suzanne Elizabeth Phillips, was it set like in Civil War time?

message 7: by Sherri (new)

Sherri McNamara  | 35 comments It Had to Be You
This is a substantially revised edition of Susan Elizabeth Phillips’ out-of-print historical, RISEN GLORY) The War Between the States may be over for the rest of the country, but not for Kit Weston. Disguised as a boy, she’s come to New York City to kill Baron Cain, the man who stands between her and Risen Glory, the South Carolina home she loves. But unknown to Kit, the Yankee war hero is more than her most bitter enemy — he’s also her guardian. And he’ll be a lot harder to kill than she’s figured on.

message 8: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Good Gravy Beans! I haven't read that one in years. Publication date 1984!