For YA Writers and Lovers discussion

Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allie (new)

Allie Hey so I'm Allie. I absolutely love reading and writing and have been writing a ton these past few days and decided to create this group for that! I also love music and taking part in school band! Oh and also drawing!!!!

message 2: by Rui (new)

Rui M. (rui_m) | 1 comments Please visit
http://talesforlove.blogs.sapo.pt
with my recent poems and photos

Merry Christmas!

message 3: by Sienna (last edited Dec 21, 2012 05:30PM) (new)

Sienna | 35 comments Hi I'm Sienna I love to read and write. I play the viola and I like chocolate. :)

message 4: by Allie (new)

Allie @ Rui- can't wait to read your poems!

Merry Christmas! Happy Kwanzaa! Happy whatever you celebrate

Quantum Thief - Spooky Ink Bandit Girl (nevermagixx) | 68 comments Hi i'm Elizabeth and I also love to read and write so i will post one of my series on here :)

Merry Xmas everyone! :)

message 6: by Hayleebee (new)

Hayleebee Hey I'm Haylee

Quantum Thief - Spooky Ink Bandit Girl (nevermagixx) | 68 comments welcome Haylee :)

message 8: by Maren K (last edited Dec 29, 2012 08:59AM) (new)

Maren K (mkgunning) I'm Maren. I'm fourteen, and I love chocolate, books, cooking, writing, swimming, laughing, yoga, and circus arts. No, I'm not a clown, I can't juggle, and yes, it's a weird hobby, but I love it anyway. I hope it's okay with you guys if I post some stories or maybe poems to run by you some fellow YA lovers.

message 9: by Sienna (new)

Sienna | 35 comments Rui wrote: "Please visit
http://talesforlove.blogs.sapo.pt
with my recent poems and photos

Merry Christmas!"

I love your poems, they're really good!

message 10: by Allie (new)

Allie @Maren: of course it's okay! Can't wait to read what you write

message 11: by Trish (last edited Dec 23, 2012 04:47PM) (new)

Trish | 8 comments Bonjour! Hola! Konichiwa! Hello! My name's Trish. I'm new to Goodreads! I love to draw , write, read, and play the piano. I've played the piano for 7 yrs now.Oh! and I'm a Harry Potter Freak! Potterheads Unite! Anyway I love DARK chocolate, I hate milk chocolate, its too sweet for me. I hate Clowns and I'm goign to Europe on the 26!!!! Sorry Had to post the last part!

message 12: by Allie (new)

Allie Sooooo jealous!!!!! Where in Europe? And I've also been playing piano for 7 years!

message 13: by Trish (new)

Trish | 8 comments So Cool!!!! I'm going to Spain and France!
Spain: Toledo, Barcelona, Madrid
France: Avignon, Paris, and a this village near the coast!
Its so EXCITING!!! wHEN i RETURN, i'LL BE POSTING A TON OF PICTURES on my blog!

message 14: by Maren K (new)

Maren K (mkgunning) I really want to go to England because my best friend lives there, and it seems so cool! And maybe to Scotland or Ireland too. I hate planes though, so I don't usually go anywhere.

message 15: by Kelsea (new)

Kelsea | 199 comments Hey, I'm Kelsea. I love reading, writing, art and especially country music. I don't know where I'd be in life without any of this including laughter. These things are pretty much what describe me.

message 16: by Trish (new)

Trish | 8 comments Maren wrote: "I really want to go to England because my best friend lives there, and it seems so cool! And maybe to Scotland or Ireland too. I hate planes though, so I don't usually go anywhere."

My best friend is the same way! She loves everything british, not to mention she has a huge thing for irishmen

message 17: by Trey (new)

Trey Lawrence (travion) | 6 comments Hello people, I'm Travion. I like to read, write, and making games

message 18: by Allie (new)

Allie Making games? Cool! What type of games?

message 19: by Trey (new)

Trey Lawrence (travion) | 6 comments Allie wrote: "Making games? Cool! What type of games?"

a few arcade and platform games

message 20: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (kaitlynlw22) Hi, I'm Kaitlyn. I love to read, write, sing, dance and cook. I dance competitively for about 8 hours a week but still have time to read and write and do all the things I love. :)

message 21: by Melissa (new)

Melissa ownsbey (melissaownsbey) hey im new here my name is melissa i love to read and i write poems not real sure now to put my poems here or if i can so i would like some help
thanks

message 22: by Allie (new)

Allie Hey everyone!
@ Kaitlyn- wow that's a lot of dancing!
@ Melissa- to post your poems, you can place them in the creative writing folder, under instructions, or you can create your own topic under writer's works, at least I think that's what it's called. Hope that helped

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahforsman_) Hi everyone! I'm Sarah. I love to write. I am starting to become a reading fan! Anyone know how to become a quicker reader? I am such a slow reader! I also wish there was more time in the day so I would be able to write all day and read all night!

message 24: by Stephanie~jumbo (new)

Stephanie~jumbo | 1 comments Hello! My name is Stephanie.
I love to read, write and draw. I would love to write a book one day but am still at loss as to what I can write about. I LOVE dystopians, sci-fi, fantasy (of which in my eyes Harry Potter was the epitome), some Romance, as of this afternoon psycological thrillers and some real life YA fiction.
Hope to get to know you all and develop my skills (or lack thereof :D) as a writer.

message 25: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Hi everyone! I'm Brittany and I've been searching for a nice, tight-knit group to join to discuss reading and writing and this one looked pretty promising! ^.^

I've recently graduated college with a major in archaeology. In my spare time I read and write, but lately I've been lacking inspiration for writing. Hopefully some of you guys can help.

I'm always up for more friends, too! :)

message 26: by Maren K (new)

Maren K (mkgunning) Wow. Archaeology? That sounds like a pretty exciting job (and also a lot like the start of a dramatic murder mystery :) )

message 27: by Brittany (last edited Jan 25, 2013 05:39PM) (new)

Brittany Maren wrote: "Wow. Archaeology? That sounds like a pretty exciting job (and also a lot like the start of a dramatic murder mystery :) )"

I enjoy it, but it can get tedious from time to time. Sometimes you dig all day and don't manage to find anything interesting. =/

(And, hmm. I'll have to ponder this idea. I knew there was a reason I liked mysteries! ;D)

And just so you know, yoga is awesome. I took it to help fulfill my hours and the professor had me literally standing on my head by the end of the semester. Luckily I'm better a digging than yoga, lol