Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > suggestions?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindyjade) | 72 comments I am on winter break right now, and would like a new series to read while I have the time to enjoy it :). I've read a lot of both PNR and UF, among other things. Right now I'd rather read PNR, but if you have suggestions for a UF series you really enjoyed I welcome those also! I've read too many to list really but here are some of my faves:
PNR: LOTU by Gena Showalter
Immortals after Dark by Kresley Cole
Psy/Changling by Nalini Singh
Demonica & Lords by Larissa Ione
Anything by Shelly Laurenston
BDB by JR Ward
Tairen Soul by CL Wilson
UF: The Hollows by Kim Harrison
Kate Daniels by Ilona Andrews
Chicagoland by Chloe Neill
Fever by KMM
Cassie Palmer by Karen Chance
Night Huntress by J Frost
Mercedes Thompson & Alpha/Omega by Patricia Briggs

sorry that was probably a little long :)
Thanks y'all!

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong?

Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2) by Kelley Armstrong Industrial Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #4) by Kelley Armstrong Broken (Women of the Otherworld, # 6) by Kelley Armstrong Haunted (Women of the Otherworld, #5) by Kelley Armstrong Personal Demon (Women of the Otherworld, #8) by Kelley Armstrong Dime Store Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #3) by Kelley Armstrong No Humans Involved (Women of the Otherworld, #7) by Kelley Armstrong Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, #10) by Kelley Armstrong Spell Bound (Women of the Otherworld, #12) by Kelley Armstrong

Not in order (except for one and two) but there are most of the books, and the series is finished

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Have you read Nalini's other series? She really is an excellant world builder and story teller.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) For PNR, I recommend Shannon K. Butcher's Sentinel Wars series. The first book is Burning Alive (Sentinel Wars, #1) by Shannon K. Butcher

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindyjade) | 72 comments I read Bitten quite a while ago and I remember liking it... Not sure why I didn't read the rest honestly? Is the rest of the series good? Does it follow the same people?
I did try the Succubus series; I think I got like 2 or 3 books in and stopped. I don't remember why now, I should prolly leave myself notes or something lol.
I haven't read any of Singh's other series... Isn't one archangels or something? I may have to check that out, I love her writing. Is it PNR or UF?
I have read Butcher's sentinol series and I really liked it :) waiting on falling blind in '13.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Nalini's other series follows one couple for a few books, then you get other pairings than the next book is the original couple again. So I guess it is PNR and UF. BTW, I am with you about "anything by shelly laurenston". I read and reread her books so many times and they never get old.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments The Women of the Otherworld series follows various women, but they are all interconnected. Certain heroines are used multiple times while others only get one main book

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments Also, it's HEAVY on the smut, but I love it:

A Kiss of Shadows (Meredith Gentry, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton A Caress of Twilight (Meredith Gentry, #2) by Laurell K. Hamilton Seduced by Moonlight (Meredith Gentry, #3) by Laurell K. Hamilton A Stroke of Midnight (Meredith Gentry, #4) by Laurell K. Hamilton Mistral's Kiss (Meredith Gentry, #5) by Laurell K. Hamilton A Lick of Frost (Meredith Gentry, #6) by Laurell K. Hamilton Swallowing Darkness (Meredith Gentry, #7) by Laurell K. Hamilton Divine Misdemeanors (Meredith Gentry, #8) by Laurell K. Hamilton

message 10: by Karinloos (new)

Karinloos | 16 comments rebecca zanetti - dark protectors
Hunted (Dark Protectors, #3) by Rebecca Zanetti Claimed (Dark Protectors, #2) by Rebecca Zanetti Fated (Dark Protectors, #1) by Rebecca Zanetti Consumed (Dark Protectors, #4) by Rebecca Zanetti Tempted (Dark Protectors, #2.5) by Rebecca Zanetti Provoked (Dark Protectors, #5) by Rebecca Zanetti

Elisabeth Naughton - Eternal Guardians
Marked (Eternal Guardians, #1) by Elisabeth Naughton Entwined (Eternal Guardians, #2) by Elisabeth Naughton Tempted (Eternal Guardians, #3) by Elisabeth Naughton Enraptured (Eternal Guardians, #4) by Elisabeth Naughton Enslaved (Eternal Guardians, #5) by Elisabeth Naughton

Jennifer armintrout - Blood ties
The Turning (Blood Ties, #1) by Jennifer Armintrout Possession (Blood Ties, #2) by Jennifer Armintrout Ashes to Ashes (Blood Ties, #3) by Jennifer Armintrout All Souls' Night (Blood Ties, #4) by Jennifer Armintrout

D B Reynolds - Vampires in America
Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds Jabril (Vampires in America, #2) by D.B. Reynolds Rajmund (Vampires in America, #3) by D.B. Reynolds Sophia (Vampires in America, #4) by D.B. Reynolds Duncan (Vampires in America, #5) by D.B. Reynolds Betrayed A Cyn & Raphael Novella (Vampires in America, #5.5) by D.B. Reynolds Lucas (Vampires In America #6) by D.B. Reynolds

message 11: by Megan (last edited Dec 23, 2012 11:59PM) (new)

Megan (thebookhunter) | 54 comments Dana Marie Bell has a good shifter series. First up is The Wallflower (Halle Pumas, #1) by Dana Marie Bell . Jacquelyn Frank's Nightwalker series is good starting with Jacob (Nightwalkers, #1) by Jacquelyn Frank . Molly Harper has a 1st person vamp series that is good too. Jennifer Ashley's shifter series Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) by Jennifer Ashley . Marjorie M Lui has an awesome series too Tiger Eye (Dirk & Steele, #1) by Marjorie M. Liu I love it. All the series I listed are about different main characters but they are connected except for Molly Harper's, they are all about the same girl.

message 12: by Debi (new)

Debi (debisattic) | 157 comments Shari Kay wrote: "Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian series...It is similar to BDB but I like it better.

Also Last Wolf Standing (Blood Runners, #1) by Rhyannon Byrd series...she also writesEdge Of Hunger (Primal Instinct, #1) by Rhyannon Byrd

And ..."

Just got Kiss of Midnight on Amazon for .99 kindle...I've read them all but time to reread.

message 13: by Anne (new)

Anne Ellerson | 7 comments I was thinking about reading the immortal devises series by Cassandra Clare

message 14: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 13 comments Sherrilyn Kenyon Dark-Hunter series

message 15: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindyjade) | 72 comments Thanks everybody! I will be adding to my tbr pile now :) appreciate it. Love having new stuff to read.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Cindy wrote: "Thanks everybody! I will be adding to my tbr pile now :) appreciate it. Love having new stuff to read."

I just got to book 9 in this series, and thought it was definitely great for a new author. its different, full of Scottish werewolves, British vamps, demons, American witches, warlocks, funny characters, sexy, the male characters are hot, and the writing style is different in more ways than one from what's out there.

T.B.M.D Arieanna's Legend (#1) by Alexandria Infanté T.M.T.N; kissing cousins (#2) by Alexandria Infanté T.C.B.M; the Arvantes (#3) by Alexandria Infanté Dark Premonitions; the seeker (#4) by Alexandria Infanté A Kiss Between Midnight & Dawn; Sephoroth's Return (#5) by Alexandria Infanté The Gargoyle Keeper; best mates forever (#6) by Alexandria Infanté Red Ryzin; Okuzo (#7) by Alexandria Infanté Blackwind's Song (8) by Alexandria Infanté Cycles of Change; All Hell Breaking Loose (#9) by Alexandria Infanté

message 17: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindyjade) | 72 comments Thanks Lel, added to my tbr. Sounds interesting!

message 18: by arabella (new)

arabella | 5 comments I would try divergent if u haven't read it