The Sword and Laser discussion

How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe
2010 Reads > SFU: Did you ever cover titles or the topic of "generation ships" on your show?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gus (new)

Gus Tough | 4 comments Hello everyone,

when you check my profile, you will see that I have a certain list about SF and multi-generation starhips. I have started to gather story- or book-titles that are about multi-generation starships. And I wonder: Did "The Sword and Laser" ever care or think about checking on this sub-genre of SF as well?

Along that question, especially addressing S&L as well as its fans: What titles do you recommend me reading?

I have just started to get in touch with the topic; at the moment I read Simone Caroti's:

The Generation Starship in Science Fiction A Critical History, 1934-2001 by Simone Caroti

And I very likely will go on with reading this:

Interstellar Travel & Multi-Generational Space Ships Apogee Books Space Series 34 by Yoji Kondo

And afterwards I will dive into the realm of science fiction ...

All the best!
Liam

message 2: by Kim (new)

Kim | 477 comments There was a discussion on generation ships when the group read Leviathan Wakes - http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

message 3: by Gus (new)

Gus Tough | 4 comments Thank you very much - much appreciated. Will have a look at it ...