For YA Writers and Lovers discussion

Books > Fave Authors/Books

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allie (new)

Allie Who is your favorite author? What is your favorite book?

message 2: by Hayleebee (new)

Hayleebee Amanda Hocking's my favorite author and my favorite book is The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

message 3: by Maren K (new)

Maren K (mkgunning) I can't pick just one! I might have to say Lauren Oliver, because her writing's a little like my style, so she's kind of my idol...favorite book is probably The Hunger Games, but I have a lot of other ones, too.

message 4: by Trish (new)

Trish | 8 comments * Hyperventilates*
It's ok...I got this..This is so deep stuff here
I love Harry POtter...FAVORITE BOOK...Final. No suggestions. Not up for discussion.
2nd favorite book: Secret Garden

Favorite Author: Eva Ibbotson

I love her books, they're historical yet romantic but not overly so. They're so beautifully written.

message 5: by Maren K (new)

Maren K (mkgunning) I love Eva Ibbostson! Her humor is so proper and a bit sarcastic, just like mine! I love "nerdy humor" if you know what I mean, and her books have that.

message 6: by Kelsea (new)

Kelsea | 199 comments Wow now isn't this a hard question... I love Sarah Dessen because she writes major soppy love stories but then there are so many others... There's no way I can pin point my favorite book but in general I love romances, vampires, witches, etc.

message 7: by Maren K (new)

Maren K (mkgunning) Also I love Code Name Verity. It made me cry and gave me nightmares, but only the strongest books can do that to you, seem so real, right?

message 8: by Trish (new)

Trish | 8 comments Maren wrote: "I love Eva Ibbostson! Her humor is so proper and a bit sarcastic, just like mine! I love "nerdy humor" if you know what I mean, and her books have that."

I know what you mean. I love her style. My favorite book from her is The Morning Gift

message 9: by Kelsea (new)

Kelsea | 199 comments Theres slso another author im quite fond of. Her name is Jessica Sorensen. If you've never read any of her books i suggest you do.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahforsman_) Lauren Oliver, Harry Potter, Wendy Mass. I am still trying to find some really good authors that are amazing!

message 11: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Wow, there's soo many. Let me see... Other then the usual Harry Potter, Hunger Games, ect, I'd have to say...

Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson, Kane Chronicles), Jackson Pearce (Sisters Red, Sweetly, ect), Lauren Oliver (Delirium), Cynthia Hand (Unearthly), and a number of other rather new authors. I also like the Warrior series. XD Cats are awesome, lol.

message 12: by Maren K (new)

Maren K (mkgunning) I LOVE Neil Gaiman...he once said..."Picking five favorite books is like picking the five body parts you'd most like not to lose." :D