City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

What Happened?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cat (new) - rated it 2 stars

Cat At the end of City of Bones, Jace is told by Valentine that he is his son and Clary's brother. At first, Clary tells Jace not to believe him and fights Valentine, but somewhere throughout that confusion, I noticed she accepted the fact that Jace was her brother. (And he's friggin' NOT!) So what happened? What made her shift without me noticing?
And is anyone else bothered by how soft Jace becomes after finding out that Valentine is his father?

Erin I think it is because Clary realized that Jace's name was Johnathan Christopher and that's why she accepted it. Jace became soft because he felt like he was a child again because his father was there and he had to obey him. He returned to the personality he had before he became his own person, the one where he depended on his father and followed his orders. All I can really say is keep reading!!!!

message 3: by Cat (new) - rated it 2 stars

Cat Ha ha, I will keep reading (if not for my own sake, then my BFF's, since she's hoping I will like the series--and I do, so far), but I will probably keep reading the series anyway just because I've already heard millions of spoiler alerts and I'm still tempted to read.

Erin I really liked The Mortal Instruments, though I do like Clare's other series, The Infernal Devices, more. I just really like the world that Clare built. I also think that the City of Bones was the worst written book out of all of them. Not that it's bad just that it's not as well-written as the others. So as I continued with the series I enjoyed it more and more because the writing improved.

Breanna Ok Clary turns into the stronger one I thought and Jace was tricked into thinking he had family so that scattered his wits. Next Valentine is like "because she loves you.... oh by the way shes your sister" Jace likes her (duh) and for him it was a slap in the face.

Astrid . Erin wrote: "I really liked The Mortal Instruments, though I do like Clare's other series, The Infernal Devices, more. I just really like the world that Clare built. I also think that the City of Bones was th..."

Sophie I reckon the reason she denied it at first was because she knew Valentine would try manipulate them, but then as she saw Jace more and more convinced she began to doubt herself.

Jordan When Valentine was answering all of her questions, it started to make sense to Clary, like the J.C. box and all of that.