We ♥ YA Books! discussion

Delirium (Delirium, #1)
This topic is about Delirium
Archives > Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Comments (showing 1-50 of 54) (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sarah E., Group Owner (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sarah E. (sjanee11) | 2450 comments I have seen a few people talking about this on the currently reading thread. What is everyone's thoughts on this one? Have you read it? What were your favorite parts? Characters? Have you read the second book yet?

message 2: by Marrie (new) - added it

Marrie I'm reading this right now and I really like it. I'm going to read the next one right after. I like Alex a lot. I think I'm developing a little book crush on him:) I don't really like Hana. She just seems spoiled and bratty to me. I'm about halfway through though and it's amazing. It's also one of the more quotable books I've read lately.

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 681 comments Loved this book! Major cliffhanger though :) I'm going to read the sequel in January as part of a buddy read over in http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/7...

Although I heard it has an even BIGGER cliffhanger lol!

Laura I loved this book!!! I've read the second one and loved it as well.. David if you thought the first one was a cliffhanger... prepare yourself, thats all im sayin lol
I've also read the novela "Hana" it was ok. It did allow you to see things from her pov.

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 681 comments Lol thanks Laura!! Can't wait :)

message 6: by Marrie (new) - added it

Marrie I finished this today and it has such a huge clifhanger! I want to read Pandemonium and I have it but I heard it has an even bigger clifhanger too!!!

Laura It really does have a bigger cliffhanger! I loved it tho. I knew that was going to happen to. My gut told me so. lol
Anyone know when the third one comes out? I must prepurchass it!

Ritu Raveendran (ritu_r) | 22 comments Omg this series is awesome !! A must read

Ritu Raveendran (ritu_r) | 22 comments Damieka ~*IOnlyDateBookBoys*~ wrote: "I finished this today and it has such a huge clifhanger! I want to read Pandemonium and I have it but I heard it has an even bigger clifhanger too!!!"

Ohh yeah it really is

Simone | 17 comments I'm counting down the days til 3/5/13 Requiem

Laura Simone wrote: "I'm counting down the days til 3/5/13 Requiem"

eeek I can't wait THAT long!!!

message 12: by A (new) - rated it 3 stars

A (A_Sales) Delirium was just an "okay" book for me. But my goooosh, its sequel Pandemonium was just wow! Such a huge development on Lena's character! Can't wait for the final book Requiem. :)

Nicole (nikkitikkitavi) | 20 comments Delirium is definitely worth reading. I enjoyed the especially enjoyed the characters and the plot was very interesting. It is a great romance and a story about the price we one is willing to pay for freedom. The second book, Pandemonium, is even better.

message 14: by An (new)

An Ireally enjoyed this book. Love is a disease? How unique is that?

message 15: by Marrie (new) - added it

Marrie Just started Pandemonium and even though everyone says it is better, it's annoying me. I miss Alex and this book is depressing without him. Plus I hate love triangles. I'm not too far in but I hope it gets better soon.

Kenzie (goodreadscomSunset3446) I can not wait for Requiem!!! I can't believe Lauren Oliver left us with that cliffhanger :'( My friend gave me this book after I finished Before I Fall, and I fell in love with it immediately:)

Saru (Queen of Bookland) (sarulovesbooks) I stayed up super late just so I could finish this book!!!!!! It's UHMAZING!!!!! OMG ALEX!

Jazmin♥ (JazminSerrano) When i first read this book i thought it was perfect i mean everything about it was the characters the plot but when i read pandemonium omg i was confused at the end alex appears omg i need requiem so bad

Jazmin♥ (JazminSerrano) Kenzie wrote: "I can not wait for Requiem!!! I can't believe Lauren Oliver left us with that cliffhanger :'( My friend gave me this book after I finished Before I Fall, and I fell in love with it immediately:)" lol i felt the same way i mean really WHY???

message 20: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Mist (annamist) I'm readin Delirium and God, I can't keep my eyes off it!! Its fantabulous..!

message 21: by NoraReads (new)

NoraReads i better go get Delirium from the library right now! lol i feel im missing out in so much..!x sigh x

Ruby  (RubyLovegood) | 22 comments Such an amazing book!!!
I borrowed it from a friend and then saw it once I read it from a second-hand book stall. It was 30p!! Do they realise how amazing this book is?? And it is quite recent as it was written in 2011! I bought it just so I could read it again :)
xxxx

Alexa (alsk) I read it ages ago, and it was absolutely fantastic. The ending was freaking shocking and sad and so unexpected.... :( I've heard there is a huuuuuge cliffhanger at the end of Pandemonium so I'm planning on reading it in February and Requiem is being released March hopefully :)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I just got it and am starting to read it I think it will be pretty good!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Best book ever!

message 26: by A (new) - rated it 3 stars

A (A_Sales) I read from Ms. Oliver's site that Emma Roberts will star as Lena in Delirium's tv adaptation! :)

Booklover6 Just a quick question about something I've just read: is an Unnatural someone who is gay? Or have I completely got the wrong idea?

message 28: by Sarah E., Group Owner (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sarah E. (sjanee11) | 2450 comments @Booklover6 - yes Unnatural is someone who is gay.

Booklover6 Sarah wrote: "@Booklover6 - yes Unnatural is someone who is gay."

Thank you!

message 30: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma Adams (ELAdams) This book left me an emotional mess - in a good way! I still need to read Pandemonium, but I'm still recovering from that ending!

message 31: by Talyah (last edited Feb 18, 2013 11:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Talyah (sweetchild527) I loved Delirium but I loved Pandemonium even more! I'm planning on re-reading them here soon in expectation for Requiem.

The thing I like about these the most is how relatable they are (especially for those who have been in love, and have suffered the treacherous effects).

Alexa (alsk) I read Requiem last week, I feel like the ending didnt exactly make me feel like the series had come to an end. It was beautiful though and had me crying but still! So many unanswered questions. :/

I have to admit, the first book was definitely my fave out of all of them. :)

message 33: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Mist (annamist) Alexa wrote: "I read it ages ago, and it was absolutely fantastic. The ending was freaking shocking and sad and so unexpected.... :( I've heard there is a huuuuuge cliffhanger at the end of Pandemonium so I'm pl..."

True about the ending.. I didn't read Pandemonium just because I couldn't handle reading it in absence of Alex :( But I think I'm gonna read the second part once I get over the initial shock of said death of my fave character.

message 34: by Sarah E., Group Owner (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sarah E. (sjanee11) | 2450 comments Talyah wrote: "I loved Delirium but I loved Pandemonium even more! I'm planning on re-reading them here soon in expectation for Requiem.

The thing I like about these the most is how relatable they are (especiall..."

Pandemonium was my favorite of the two :)

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG this book is fantastic. all the sweet moments on the beach, and the hiding with Alex. loved the character of Alex <3! BUT the ending! why why why!!!!!!!!! i loved alex and lena (view spoiler) Pandemonium was so different and yet its still amazing. looking forward to read requiem

Casey Hays | 44 comments So I am just now reading this book, and I have to say... so far, it is fantastic! I got a chance to hear the author speak at the Teen Literature Conference in Denver a few weeks ago, and she is so funny and witty. She was charming. I have not read any of her books, but I plan to read them all. Delirium has been a great read so far!

message 37: by JS (new) - rated it 4 stars

JS | 19 comments I'm surprise at how I'm really loving the dystopian genre. Lauren Oliver writing really makes you feel like your actually living in the moment. Although I'm not a huge romance novel kind of girl, this book is surprisingly good. The beginning for me started off kinda slow but now it's moving along quite well. I'm at the part where Lena meets Alex on the beach to hang out.
Sometimes, I find myself shouting at Lena! I just want her to shut up and allow herself to live a little but then I realize just how crazy the world is for her.

Joseph Rouhana I have read every single book in this series AND THANK YOU GOD FOR THAT :P the only thing that I'll say is there really should be a 4th book because this series was originally getting to be transformed into a TV show on fox and I think that's why the ending wasn't "satisfying" for ME , side note : I'm beginning to think I'm the only one who loves hana XD

Aisyaraisya well I like it, but I have admit it, I just kinda like it. I think the plot little bit slow for my taste.
But you guys should read the second one which is call Pandemonium, it was much much much better. I love it, really enjoyed than first one.

Casey Hays | 44 comments I really liked this series. Not crazy about how the whole thing ended, but it wasn't so terrible. I just wanted more closure, I guess. I met Lauren Oliver at an authors conference we both attended about a year ago. She's pretty neat. She was the keynote speaker, and she was great. I'm reading "Before I Fall" right now by her. It's very different from the Delirium series, that's for sure.

Casey Hays | 44 comments JS wrote: "I'm surprise at how I'm really loving the dystopian genre. Lauren Oliver writing really makes you feel like your actually living in the moment. Although I'm not a huge romance novel kind of girl, t..."

I agree. She is really good with developing characters. That's my number one rule for reading and writing. "If you don't have well-developed characters, do not attempt to tell their stories. You will fail every time." Lauren does not have that problem at all.

message 42: by JS (new) - rated it 4 stars

JS | 19 comments Aisyaraisya wrote: "well I like it, but I have admit it, I just kinda like it. I think the plot little bit slow for my taste.
But you guys should read the second one which is call Pandemonium, it was much much much b..."

I read it, It was amazing!!!

message 43: by JS (new) - rated it 4 stars

JS | 19 comments Joseph wrote: "I have read every single book in this series AND THANK YOU GOD FOR THAT :P the only thing that I'll say is there really should be a 4th book because this series was originally getting to be transfo..."

I agree with you. A fourth book is needed!

message 44: by JS (new) - rated it 4 stars

JS | 19 comments Casey wrote: "JS wrote: "I'm surprise at how I'm really loving the dystopian genre. Lauren Oliver writing really makes you feel like your actually living in the moment. Although I'm not a huge romance novel kind..."
Yes Casey, well developed characters are a must!!!

Sania (saniaxxx) it made me cry that's how amazing it was ]

Sania (saniaxxx) im on the third book now- it gets better!

message 47: by JS (new) - rated it 4 stars

JS | 19 comments Sania,

I just finished that book! Hope you enjoy it!

Karolina (KarolinaPiatek) It's one of my favourite books of all time.. Favourite character has to be Alex (so the second book kind of angered me with the Julian thing) and favourite scene is probably the whole ending of the first book.
It's a great read and I reccommend it to everyone :)

Julia {♡ Books!} I love this book, but I'm not that found of love circles, and I didn't really like how love was thought of as a disease... But overall it was amazing!
:D

message 50: by Marta (new) - added it

Marta i loved the trilogy, not so much its end but it was amazing. my favourite one was the first one, meaning Delirium.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Requiem (other topics)
Delirium (other topics)
Pandemonium (other topics)
Requiem (other topics)