A Wild in Colbie discussion

Colbie > Cobbled Streets

Comments Showing 1-50 of 109 (109 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by B L Jones (last edited Dec 21, 2012 11:16AM) (new)

B L Jones (bljonesbooks) | 3100 comments Mod
(Walk here, talk here, it's an old timey small english town, so dance here, kiss here, have a mini party, i dont care ;)

message 2: by yael (new)

yael Kylie ran a hand through his messy dark hair, hazel eyes scanning the view of the crowd. A few people were idling around, but otherwise, it was fairly crowded. He wouldn't be surprised if he bumped into someone. He walked the cobbled streets with both of his hands stuffiing in his pockets, as if they wanted to be hidden. He wanted to be anywhere but here. But no. His mother demanded him to go and "take in the scenery". Without paying attention, he felt a small blow crash into him, and immediately backed up. Kylie's face was impassive, not showing a hint of emotion.

message 3: by wanderer (last edited Dec 23, 2012 04:40PM) (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments An unhappy scowl was plastered over Indias face as she darted through the throngs of people that crowded the street. To say she was unamused by the move from her original place of birth was an understatement. Australia had been her true home. And obviously always would be. She couldnt stand the small confines of the island, the way the waves of England had no power, no surfing potential. Not that she would be able to ever surf again anyway. Not now she only had one arm. She had been encouraged by the doctor to wear a prostetic limb, and although she hated the thing with a passion, it lessened the stares she recieved. Due to her short height, she was easily pushed out of the way, and consequently crashed into something. No, someone. She whipped around, looking up at the makeshift wall of a person she had bascially fallen into.

message 4: by yael (new)

yael Kylie eyes remained hidden on his long, dark lashes as he looked over her appearance. He normally didn't believe in love at first sight, but she was beautiful. Her golden-blonde hair fell to her waist, as if she did little to keep it that way. And her arm, Kylie was curious about her story. But he knew well that if he would share little about his own, he shouldn't invade someone else's. Kylie pretended to see something afar, "Wow, I could see the world over your head."

((Sorry its so short DX I'll do better tomorrow. Promise))

message 5: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments ((Its alright, I dont mind :)))

It was rarely that Indias breath was snatched away from her, but the handsome boy, no man, standing before her was simply a magnificent sight. Dark tousled brown hair, long lashes-yet not too long as to give him a womanly appearence- and a strang jawline. Despite only having known him for barely a moment, his whole demeanor seemed to breathe out mystries and untold secrets. She could pick up a slight hint of a spanish accent with in his words, and couldnt help but admire it so. Her own accent, she knew, was thick. And it often annoyed her-even when she had lived in Australia. She arched an elegent eyebrown at his choice of words, pale green eyes gazing up at him.
"I apologise, its hard to not get pushed around within the crowds." She replied, attempting to ignore his previous statement.

message 6: by yael (new)

yael Aussie, Kylie thought, intrigued by another person with a "strange" accent. He chuckled lightly, and cocked his head. "I was kidding. Settle down before I need to get you a ball of yarn to play with." He found her anger strangely attractive--like a kitten with its claws burying into someone's skin.

message 7: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Again, this only caused India to raise her eyebrow further. His laugh was...Intruiguing. As if she could listen to it throughout the days and never get bored of it.
"Yes, well you'd probably have no trouble getting through the damned people. Me, on the other hand have been tripped over more times than I can count, and I've barely even been here a day." The scowl settled on her face again as she pursed her lips slightly.

message 8: by yael (new)

yael "I for one, moved here recently. Nice to meet someone new for a change." It was a wonder meeting strangers in the street. Some you have no relation to at all, and you can already have a conversation about anything. Kylie grinned, "Sorry, I forgot some of my manners. I'm Kylie. And you are?"

message 9: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Yes, I guess it is." India agreed, although anybody whom she would speak to in the town would be classed as 'new' seeing as she hadnt really been there very long. She found it odd, how newcomers to the town had happened to bump into each other. But she wasnt about to knock it, seeing as the person she had happened to bump into was also incredibly handsome. She suddenly felt that self concious feeling again, causing her to chew on her bottom lip somewhat nervously. He had an unusal name for a boy, she decided. But she could see it was quite fitting, and wasnt about to comment seeing as her own name was quite odd.
"Im Indiana, but everybody calls me India." She replied, holding out her left hand; the arm still intact.

message 10: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments ((Are you still there?))

message 11: by yael (new)

yael ((Sorry D: I think I joined too many groups to keep track of.))

Kylie took her hand willingly and shook it. "Nice name," he commented politely. Wondering if her name meant something about her. Idiana, like Indiana Jones, possibly someone daring. Or India, like the country, someone very cultural and liked to travel. She remained a mystery to him. But real question was, why was he so interested? Kylie rubbed the back of his neck, feeling a bit nervous. "So what brings you here in town?"

message 12: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Thank you. Yours seems to suit you as well." India commented with a nod of her head, managing to let a small smile flutter across her lips for the briefest of seconds before it dissappeared as quickly as it had come. He seemed different somehow, she just couldnt quite seem to place it. He reminded her of a puzzle that needed solving. Something complicated and full of twists and turns. And the sound of his last question her stomach dropped slightly and she shrugged her left shoulder half heartedly.
"Mum wanted a change of scenery." She offered up. Although it wasnt the entire reason. Her mother had thought of her as being depressed, and had wanted to take her away from the fresh, yet raw memories that Australia reminded her of. And here she was, in a small town in England.

message 13: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments ((Thats alright c:))

message 14: by yael (new)

yael Kylie felt heat crawl up his neck. Personally, he hated his name. "Mother's am I right? I'd say the same thing. She forced me to come here." His eyes looked at the crowd, "How about we walk around? I bet thay'll make them happy."

message 15: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Same with my Mum. She wants me to get out more." Her mothers exact words had been somthing along the lines of: 'I know its hard Indie. But you need to let go. Start afresh and make new friends.' Of course the last part she had said in a somewhat chirpy voice. As if everybody in the family had wanted to come to England in the first place.
"Sounds like a good idea. Maybe it'll get my mother of my back." She mused, gesturing for him to lead the way.

message 16: by yael (new)

yael Kylie nodded and began to walk, realizing he barely know his way around, he turned to her. "If we get lost, this isn't my fault," he said.

((Sorry it's short. I'm multitasking a bit))

message 17: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "I dont mind getting lost. It just makes more room for adventures." India replied. In honesty she did love exploring new places and had been the first to jump at oppitunites to go on bike rides and hikes when they went on holiday. Surely this couldnt be any different.
"So your from Spain?" She guessed, hoping she hadnt gotten the accent completley out.

((Its alright, I dont mind c:))

message 18: by yael (new)

yael Kylie nodded, "Yeah, I am. I was both relived and angry when I was leaving if that makes any sense. So you're from Australia?" England looked so different from Spain. The weather, the people, it didn't seem to fit him too well.

message 19: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "I know what thats like." To an extent, India had been relieved to leave behind the awful memories in Australia, but on another note she didnt have a choice, and was leaving the place she had always known.
"Yea, Australia is much sunnier than this. Although having rain more often is quite refreshing." Unlike most people, she herself loved the rain. Thought of it as washing all the bad things away, cleaning almost. Unknown to some she would happily stand and dance in the rain, or was just content to watch it peacefully as droplets pattered along the ground.

message 20: by yael (new)

yael "It didn't rain to often in Spain. Compared to the other parts, Madrid was damp. Lots of people too; possibly the busiest city back home." Kylie kicked a rock, "Funny, really. Some little kids I I met here all assumed I'd have a moustache and play soccer."

message 21: by wanderer (last edited Dec 29, 2012 10:23AM) (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "I went to America once. The all thought I would be able to wrangle kangaroos." India chuckled at the memory.
"I only saw a kangaroo in Australia for the first time a couple of years ago. Considering I did live there my whole life it was kind of sad." A smile played on her lips, but dissapeared after a moment. Rosa had been the one to show her the kangaroo. It made her feel guilty, to think she was here laughing, whilst her best friend was 6 ft under in a cemetry. Her face turned to one of a solemn look as she scuffed her shoes against the pavement.

message 22: by yael (new)

yael Kylie notice her face change, and felt a bit guilty, wodnering how he offended her in some way. "Americans, am I right?" he said weakly, continuing their stroll in silence. From the corner of his eyes he looked at her more closely. And her bionic limb fascinated him. It gave him inspiration. Kylie looked at the street corner and pointed to a cafe. "How about there?"

message 23: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Yea, they sure were welcoming though." India looked down at the prostetic limb, a frown creasing her face slightly. She wished with all her might that she still had at least the top of her arm left, but whilst healing she had contracted an infection which had meant the remaining part of the limb had to be removed up to the shoulder. She looked back up again, to where he had gestured to a small cafe nestled between two other street shops. She always liked them sort of places-odd for somebody who didnt really like enclosed spaces.
"It looks cute." She commented before turning off and heading in the direction of the place, glancing over her shoulder to make sure he was following.

message 24: by yael (new)

yael ((I have to go. I'll return later))

message 25: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments ((Ok c:))

message 26: by yael (new)

yael ((back :33))

Kylie watched her figure immediately head towards the shop. He shrugged half-heartidly to himself and followed. Personally he wasn't much of a coffee fan. There was no need to drink so much in Spain, since the weather was mostly sunny. But the older men that played games outside in the morning loved their coffee. Hot chocolate was more his thing when the harsh winters knocked on his door. As he came closer, the shop became more visible. Appearing beside her, he opened the door for her, and the tiny bell chimed above them. It was adorable how old fashioned it was.

message 27: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments ((Woo! c:))

India smiled lightly as they entered the shop, the strong smell of coffee mingled with pasteries hitting her senses instantly. She herself wasnt too keen on coffee, tea was more her thing. Although it had to be made in a particular-somewhat peculiar way. Along with a few other ingredients added in. Since she was a sweet tooth. Her family though her an oddity for liking her drink made in a certain way, but it was just another one of her quirks that she possessed. Although India didnt really see it in that way. She loved how it was authentic, almost a sort of shabby chic, vintage style. She gestured to a table in the back of the room.
"Should we sit over there?" She questioned.

message 28: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments An unhappy scowl was plastered over India's face as she darted through the throngs of people that crowded the street. To say she was unamused by the move from her original place of birth was an understatement. Australia had been her true home. And obviously always would be. She couldn't stand the small confines of the island, the way the waves of England had no power, no surfing potential. Not that she would be able to ever surf again anyway. Not now she only had one arm. She had been encouraged by the doctor to wear a prosthetic limb, and although she hated the thing with a passion, it lessened the stares she received. Due to her short height, she was easily pushed out of the way, and consequently crashed into something. No, someone. She whipped around, looking up at the makeshift wall of a person she had basically fallen into.

message 29: by ♠ TABI⁷ ♠ (last edited Jan 30, 2013 02:12PM) (new)

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) Colin leaned against a brick wall, sunglasses hiding his piercing green eyes and a light breeze ruffling his hair. Girls stopped and stared at him, but he was used to that.
And then a girl crashed into him.

message 30: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments India frowned slightly, not in the mood for being shoved in the first place. But then again, who ever was? It was just one thing which she couldn't stand. Even if it was only an accident.
"What the hell, w-" She stopped, having to squint as she looked up at the guy, shutting her mouth firmly and pursing her lips for a few moments.
"What I meant was, I'm terribly sorry." She decided, having to refrain from rolling her eyes.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) "I guess I should have said that first," Colin grinned his lady-charmer smile, "I was standing in your way."

message 32: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Ok, we both agree it was your fault then." India said with a half hearted shrug, having to stand on tip toe in an attempt to spot one of her older brothers, but to no avail. With a sigh, she rolled back on the balls of her feet before turning to him.
"Happen to see a guy with blonde hair? Looks pretty tanned but is probably got some stupid, spazzy face on?" She questioned, seeing as how the person she had bumped into had to be at least 6'0. Lady charmer smiles didn't work on India. Not unless she was actually with that person.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) "Uh, no, sorry," Colin said sarcastically, "I'm not into guys."

message 34: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments India gave him a dry look, rolling her silvery grey eyes.
"Let me re-word my sentence. Just to make it clear to that...Underdeveloped brain of yours..." She began.
"I'm to short to see over the crowds. You, on the other hand, can probably see the clouds from up there. Now I'm asking you, that if from your viewpoint, you can pinpoint my brother, of whom I described in looks before. Got it?" If her mother ever found her talking to a stranger in such a tone, she was sure she would get the beating of her life. But right now she didn't care. She just needed to find her family again.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) Colin looked down at her.
"Nope," he drawled, "Not interested, sorry. Give me a hundred bucks and I may rethink...maybe."

message 36: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "God your clearly an arrogant bastard who's blatantly full of himself." India stated, letting a frown cross her features as she attempted to see over the crowds of people again.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) "Thank you," Colin said, crossing his arms.

(i gtg)

message 38: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "No problem." India replied in a deadpan voice, narrowing her eyes slightly before giving up. She looked down at her prosthetic arm, toying with the plastic fingers on it briefly before letting out an irritated sigh.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) "Where'd you get a cyborg gizmo like that?" Colin asked curiously.

message 40: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "None of your damn business that's where." India snapped. Ok, so her fake arm was a touchy subject for her on the whole. Mainly due to the fact that she had lost her arm all the way up to her shoulder, and so it was basically a useless stump. Also factoring in how she lost her arm in the first place. Not exactly something she wanted to be asked of her. Especially be a stranger.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) "All right, all right," Colin said, raising his hands, "Can't blame someone for asking seeing as you don't see something like that on someone every day."

message 42: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Well its incredibly rude to ask. Didn't anybody ever teach you any manners. I would get it if you were a child, but you must be at least my age, probably older. Christ, have a bit of respect." India stated before turning her back on him.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) "Jeez, touchy much?" Colin snorted.

message 44: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "You know what? Fuck you." And with that India melted into the crowds of people.

((I was thinking that somehow they meet again, but this time they have to work with each other? Or something. I don't know XD))

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) ((Lol ok))

"Wow." Colin muttered, with his eyebrows raised, watching her melt into the crowd, "I wouldn't want to be her brother."

message 46: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Amanda stumbled into the street and looked around, it was way past dusk. She giggled and took out her cell phone to squint at it, checking the time. It was nine minutes after eleven. That meant nine minutes after her dorm curfew.

message 47: by B L Jones (last edited Apr 28, 2013 04:59PM) (new)

Xander is taking a walk through the streets like he usually does. Xander isn't one for sleeping that much, he hates the nightmares that still plague him. The only thing that helps is his art, a sketch pad is stuffed into the back of his dark jeans, covered by a black t-shirt and biker jacket. Xander's hooded blue eyes scan the dark street he is walking down. Colbie is safe though, at least compared to where Xander grew up.

message 48: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Amanda falls into a hush at the sound of nearby footsteps. She had grown used to tuning herself into the smallest of noises around her. She automatically went into a slight bit of panic for a second before remembering that she wasn't at home. She didn't need to be scared. She was just on the streets at night. "Shit." She cursed out loud.

message 49: by B L Jones (new)

Xander see's the girl immediately, even before she swears. Part of being an artist is having the strange ability to see everything, even the small details. It is for that reason that Xander knows the girl is a Uni student and at least partly off her head. Xander sighs, dealing with a drunk student wasn't exactly what he has in mind, but he can't just leave her. The old Xander might have, but not now. Xander walks over to the girl slowly so he doesn't frighten her. "What the bleedin hell are you doing out by yourself this late luv, it may not be London around 'ere but small towns have weirdos just like any other place in England" he says in his deep voice.

message 50: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Amanda turns toward the sound of the voice. Her eyes widened marginally, maybe it was her intoxicated mind but he was the most- her cell phone clattered to the floor, the glass screen threatening to crack. Her attention immediately went to it and she crouched down in her heels to pick it up.

« previous 1 3