Forests of Wolves discussion

Roleplay Area > Roleplay Area

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sam/Applejack♆ (last edited Jan 02, 2013 12:38PM) (new)

Sam/Applejack♆ If something interesting with your characters happens here, then I may add it to the book. Go nuts and have fun!

I will not take part in this, as I'm kinda writing the book . . . but you guys should if you want to be in it.

(Ambz) ~|*The Angelic Vampire*|~ (AmbzTheAngelicVampire) | 14 comments Baylor nips at her brother's hind paws, and threw herself forward. "Bet ya' can't beat me to the Cliff!" She howled over her light ginger shoulder, running ahead of Dylan. With a sigh, Dylan rolls his spring green eyes but doesn't start to sprint. Baylor slowed down to a steady pace and falls back to meet up with Dylan. "Oh come on, what is up with you?" Bay asked. When Dylan doesn't answer, "Are you sick? I think there might be some wild herbs around here I could give you if-"

Dylan shakes his dark brown and ginger head roughly, as if he were in his human form. But his snout catches on a low-hanging branch and leaves a cut as the birch tree branch swings back into it's position. Dylan inwardly whimpers as scarlet-red blood slowly pours into his mouth. "I might have just lost a hair..."

Baylor rolls her own emerald greens eyes. "Wolves don't have hair!" She growls. "It's called a whisker, for the 97th time! And yes, I have been counting!"

"I thought only cats have whiskers?" Dylan looks at Baylor questioningly. The glare in her eyes is was causes him to continue. "Sorry. Anyway, I don't need anything. I'm not sick!" Dylan winces at the metallic taste of blood from his snout. "I probably need something for this cut, though." Baylor gives a slight nod of her muzzle and pads toward a nearby birch tree, where she carefully bites off a cobweb and walks back over. The twins stop walking so Baylor can put to cobweb over Dylan's cut. She pushes on the cobweb with her snout so it'll stick better, and the return to walking through the woods.

Baylor breaks the silence. "Then what's got you so down?"

Dylan breathes a sigh. Awkwardly, he hesitates. Then, he finally says, "It's nothing. Let's not talk about it."

Baylor's whiskers twitch. "Usually, when somebody says they don't want to talk about t, it means there's more to it than 'nothing'," She chuckles lightly. "Whatever. But if you won't race me, I'll force you to tell me!" Bumping her flank into Dylan's, Baylor pounces on Dylan, landing squarely
on his shoulders.

Dylan yelps in shock, pushing Baylor off of him and dodging another leap. "Alright! Fine, first to the Cliff wins!" He howls to his sister, who's struggling to get her balance back after slamming into the trunk of a birch tree. Dylan breaks into a sprint, but Baylor quickly catches up to him. She cuts off Dylan and makes for the East, as the dim sky begins to light up in a gray color, signaling the sun is about to rise and dawn to begin. Dylan runs faster, slowly catching up to Baylor as she starts to get exhausted. "Ready to lose?" He barked at her, his green eyes gleaming with triumph.

"This isn't over just yet, brother!" Baylor barks back, "Don't think you've won just yet!" And she takes off even faster, kicking dust at Dylan. He, too, becomes faster and matches Baylor's pace, dust stinging his eyes. Shrugging it off, Dylan lunges at his sister, but landing only a fur-length from her flank. He kicks his hind paw to the side, tripping Baylor and giving him the lead. They weren't too far now, and Dylan already knew he was going to win. ButBaylor's low howl of pain makes him turn and he reaches Baylor to see her on the ground, her legs sticking outwards.

"Bay, Oh no, I'm so s-" Dyaln starts when he reaches her, but is cut off when Baylor jumps to her paw and dashes ahead. Dylan growls and sprints toward Bay, but she started with such a head start and having caught Dylan by surprise, she is far too ahead to be seen. Dylan's shame of being tricked fades as he nears the Cliff, he and his sister's own place. By the time he gets there, he doesn't find the beautiful orange wolf waiting for him. Instead, a young red-headed teenage girl sits on the edge of the cliff, looking out across the horizon of woods. The sun is just peaking over the tree tops, lighting up the endless forest. The girl's back is to Dylan, her glistening red hair flowy in the steady breeze. Dylan shifts into a human, too, and his chocolate brown hair now looks more like silky brown shade. He makes his way to the rocky edge and sits down next to Baylor. They sit there in silence, watching the sun rise over the woods.

"I win," Baylor finally says in a sing-song voice, so soft like the gentle rustle of the birch leaves in the dawn's breeze. So joyful like the gleaming sun's rays. So... Different from her wolf voice, which is rough but smooth. Which is fierce but glorious.

"This time," Dylan responds, as he always does when his sister wins. Which was a lot. Dylan's voice wasn't much different from his canine voice. Deep, mysterious, charming.

And so they sat there, watching the rising sun rise. The swishing breeze swish. And the rustling leaves rustle.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Sera was sitting in a tree, her legs dangling from one of the branches as she watches the woods and then flicks her gaze down as two blurs dart by underneath her. She sits up slightly, looking down and cocks her head to the side as if she was a bird.

Huh... She thinks before watching them disappear. Hopping down silently, she lands with a soft thud on the ground and takes off after a moment after them.

(Ambz) ~|*The Angelic Vampire*|~ (AmbzTheAngelicVampire) | 14 comments Dylan sighs softly, watching the sun lift from the horizon. Only when the sun is fully visible, does he quietly stand and climb onto a low-hanging branch. And that's when he spots the moving shadow, to hazy and far away in the woods to know who or what it was.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Sera stops back far enough so they can't see her clearly and watches the boy intently. She had seen him around some and thought he looked interesting. From afar, she watches the sun and looks back at the boy seeing him watching her. Moving closer, she stands hidden half way behind a tree and flicks her gaze from him back to the sun.

(Ambz) ~|*The Angelic Vampire*|~ (AmbzTheAngelicVampire) | 14 comments Baylor looks at her brother. "What?" She hisses, following her gaze. Just in time to see a shadow move behind a tree, almost completely hidden. Dylan slowly gets off the branch and stares itently at the dark shape. He ignores Baylor.

"Show yourself, and maybe I won't hurt you!" He calls, hoping that whatever is out there understands him, or hears him for that matter. And just like that, he shifts back into his wolf form and growls lowly.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Sera smirks slightly before stepping out from behind a tree. She leans against it, gazing at him evenly and warily. Alert and attentive she watches him from where she stands. "Maybe huh? Well I guess that's better than I will. I do like to look at the positive side of things." She adds looking at Bay thoughtfully. "Of course, sometimes that gets my hopes up and I'm let down." Sera chuckles softly before shifting and stretching, digging her nails into the cool earth.

(Ambz) ~|*The Angelic Vampire*|~ (AmbzTheAngelicVampire) | 14 comments Baylor gives a half smirk. "Well, it's nice to know you aren't one of those savage bears or anything," She says.

Dylan immediately turns back to his human form. "Sorry. Just making sure," He smiles slyly.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Sera rolls onto her back and looks at them upside down before licking her lips and then turns around. She trots up to them, still in her wolf form and rubs against their legs like a cat before shaking the dirt off and flicking her ears toward Baylor.

Changing back, she smiling at Dylan sweetly before turning to Baylor. "I don't know, I could be one of those savages." She says lightly and her eyes darken before she leans against a tree.

(Ambz) ~|*The Angelic Vampire*|~ (AmbzTheAngelicVampire) | 14 comments Baylor chuckles and Dylan allows himself a smile. "Nice day out, no?" Baylor finally saws after awhile, gesturing to the clear blue sky, which had next to no clouds.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Sera looks around before turning back to Bay. "No," she replies simply and then turning, hops up onto one of the branches. Swinging up, she looks down at them before laying on her stomach along the branch and rests her chin on the backs of her hands. "Where is everyone?" She asks after a moment flicking her gaze over at Dylan and then looking back at Bay.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Mackenzie walked through the forest, weaving silently between the trees. She loved the outdoors and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Her grayish brown fur kept her protected from the bushes. Focused on the forest around her, she didn't see a rock in front of her and tripped over it. She managed to catch herself just in time before she fell flat on her face. Muttering curses, she shook her injured right paw and walked on.

(Ambz) ~|*The Angelic Vampire*|~ (AmbzTheAngelicVampire) | 14 comments Baylor turned her head at the sound of movement, followed by a thud, followed by some rustling. Sounds like it's coming from more than one thing, She thought.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Serendipity raises her head and sits up from the tree branch. She looks over at Dylan and Baylor before a grins spreads across her face. "Anyone expecting company?" She asks, hoping down from the tree, she lands lightly on the ground with a soft thud before straightening.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Mackenzie walked out of the bushes. She wasn't in a good mood today and tripping over the rock didn't help. She saw her fellow wolves and smiled. Being around her friends always made her happy. "Hi guys," she said.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Mackenzie sat down, her tail curling around her paws. She took in the woods around her, watching for any sign of danger. Even though she was the Alpha, she took no pride in it. If it hadn’t been for the previous Alphas dying, she would still be Beta, a position that she’d been proud of. But knowing that the pack needed a leader, she took the position. She often wondered if it had been the right position to take it. What would things have been like if she’d stayed as Beta? She shook that thought away. Now was not the time to ponder about such things.

“Seeing as you guys are doing fine here, I’m going home,” Mackenzie said and stood up. She walked away from the group, bounding into the woods with the energy of a pup.

message 17: by Cherrysong (new)

Cherrysong  (cherrysong) Adelaide trotted through the bushes, hearing voices on the other side. Its the pack. She thought as she sniffed the air, pack scent hitting her nose. Adelaide padded out of the shadow made by the bush, revealing herself to the others.

message 18: by Cherrysong (new)

Cherrysong  (cherrysong) [anybody on that wants to Role play with me?]

message 19: by Cherrysong (new)

Cherrysong  (cherrysong) "Hello." she told the other wolves as she stood her gaurd like she always did, even with her own pack.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Mackenzie caught the scent of another wolf, one that she hadn't met before. Spinning on a dime, she turned around and ran back to the clearing. She entered it to see the wolf. "Hello," she said.

message 21: by Cherrysong (new)

Cherrysong  (cherrysong) "Whats your name?" Adelaide asked the wolf that had just come into the clearing/thingy [dont know what it is called]. "My names Adelaide."

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) "My name's Mackenzie. I'm the Alpha of the pack here." Well, technically she was the Alpha Female, but the Alpha Male wasn't here right now, so she was the Alpha.

message 23: by Cherrysong (new)

Cherrysong  (cherrysong) [sorry it took me so long, had to take a shower]

"Oh, cool. I am going to go hunting. would you like to come with me?" she asked Mackenzie.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) "Sure," Mackenzie said, needing to do something. She wasn't the type to just sit around and do nothing.

message 25: by Cherrysong (new)

Cherrysong  (cherrysong) Adelaide padded back the way she had come, walking towards a clearing she knew inhabited many prey.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Mackenzie followed the other wolf. She recognized the way Adelaide was going. She'd been down this way many times before.

message 27: by Cherrysong (new)

Cherrysong  (cherrysong) Adelaide crept toward the clearing, scenting a herd of deer. She peered through the bushes, seeing at least 15 to 20 deer grazing.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Mackenzie crept up alongside her. "So what's your plan?" She asked.

message 29: by Cherrysong (new)

Cherrysong  (cherrysong) "Single a deer out, probably that sickly one at the edge of the herd there, and creep up on it. Once the herd spots us, we chase that sickly doe and bring her down. Then, we eat," Adelaide instructed.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) "Sounds good to me," Mackenzie said. She'd never really tried catching a deer. Usually she either stuck to rabbits or went home when she was hungry.

message 31: by Cherrysong (new)

Cherrysong  (cherrysong) Adelaide crept forward, making sure she didn't scare the deer before she charged. She looked behind her, seeing if Mackenzie was following her and copying her moves.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Mackenzie followed Adelaide, crouching down low as she moved along. She wondered how close they would get before the deer saw them. This was a lot different than hunting a rabbit. With rabbits, they weren't all together at once, which made it relatively easier to sneak up on them.