Classics Without All the Class discussion

What else are you reading? > Books for 2013

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karena (new)

Karena (karenafagan) Any of these reads going on your to-read shelf? http://huff.to/12Ex9l5

message 2: by Travis (new)

Travis (travistousant) The book on phish and icp looks interesting might take me back to high school again but The Blood Gospel didnt make the list but is the one I'm waiting to show up I even pre ordered it

message 3: by Toni (new)

Toni (booktext) | 4 comments I'm excited for The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson. I wasn't aware of most of these books, but now that I am, I think my to-read shelf is going to grow.

Jennifer Miller Ruley | 14 comments I'm looking forward to Colum McCann's newest, Transatlantic. I read Let the Great World Spin and loved it, so I am looing forward to reading more of his novels.

message 5: by Margaret (new)

Margaret I have to admit - not much on that list appeals to me! I think The World Until Yesterday looks good though. I've never read Guns, Germs and Steel though I think we have it here and every now and then I think I ought to find it and read it.

message 6: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (infiniteink) | 87 comments I'm interested in Stephen King's new one; although, I am nervous about him writing a sequel to one of his iconic novels.

message 7: by HeatherIlene (new)

HeatherIlene (heather_ilene) | 91 comments I'm interested in Mary Roach's new book, Gulp -- I read Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers last year and loved it. Anne Carson's red doc> -- because I love experimental writing. Definitely interested in Dan Savage's book and curious about the ICP book.

Thanks for sharing the link!

message 8: by Alex (new)

Alex Cross (anotheralexcross) I will probably be giving Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald a read later in the year as well as the new work by James Salter, but I expect most of my new purchases to be impulsively selected in-store based on blurbs rather than any informed research. As usual.

message 9: by Laura (last edited Jan 18, 2013 07:23AM) (new)

Laura (lmcb) | 140 comments I'm really looking forward to reading the David Sedaris and Neil Gaiman books. I'll probably check out the Edward O. Wilson, Dan Savage, James Salter, and A.L. Kennedy books. I'm also intrigued by Wool.

message 10: by Angie Downs (new)

Angie Downs Probably none of them. I rarely read new books, and none of these looks that interesting to me.

message 11: by Karena (new)

Karena (karenafagan) So I decided to take a look at this again now that we've started the year and I actually just bought Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald and

I want to get The Dinner and The Ocean at the End of the Lane eventually though.