Red Dress Ink Fans discussion

New releases for 2013

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
In case you're interested, here's a link to a website that has a bunch of next year's new releases listed!

http://chicklitreviewsandnews.com/rel...

message 2: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (diva2416) | 819 comments Awesome link! Thanks!

message 3: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments This is great! Thank you!

message 4: by Stacy (new)

Sure thing! :)

message 5: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Sophie Kinsela has a new book coming out!! I believe it's in May and I am SO excited.

message 6: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 754 comments FYI! If you all are interested. Goodreads has a giveaway listed for her new book. I don't have the link but if you go to giveaways and click on popular authors it is about half way down the page. I don't think there is much time left.

message 7: by Stacy (new)

Thanks Bianca & Jencey! :)

message 8: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mcipher) | 372 comments Bianca wrote: "Sophie Kinsela has a new book coming out!! I believe it's in May and I am SO excited."

It sounds cute - I didn't like a lot of her earlier stuff, but her last two were great, so I'm excited to read this one.

message 9: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Melanie wrote: "Bianca wrote: "Sophie Kinsela has a new book coming out!! I believe it's in May and I am SO excited."

It sounds cute - I didn't like a lot of her earlier stuff, but her last two were great, so I'm..."

Melanie, have you had a chance to read it yet? I think I am 6th in line at the library. Wooo!

message 10: by Stacy (new)

I haven't read it yet. I'm 2nd in line at my library for the audiobook. They didn't get the actual book. :(

message 11: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mcipher) | 372 comments Melanie wrote: "Bianca wrote: "Sophie Kinsela has a new book coming out!! I believe it's in May and I am SO excited."

It sounds cute - I didn't like a lot of her earlier stuff, but her last two were great, so I'm..."

I'm in line at the library, but it doesn't tell me where I am - somewhere in a line of 40 people! But I just got a bunch of books I requested in, and He's Gone is finally on its way, which I'm excited about.

message 12: by Stacy (new)

I'm thinking about just buying it. That and Jane Green's newest - I'm like, #10 in line for that one. :/

message 13: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 767 comments I'm picking it up tonight! Can't wait to read it. :)

message 14: by Stacy (new)

I keep meaning to check out prices on iBooks to see how much it is, if it's any cheaper than Amazon or B&N.

message 15: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Melanie wrote: "Melanie wrote: "Bianca wrote: "Sophie Kinsela has a new book coming out!! I believe it's in May and I am SO excited."

It sounds cute - I didn't like a lot of her earlier stuff, but her last two we..."

I haven't heard of He's Gone! Is that supposed to be good?

message 16: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mcipher) | 372 comments Bianca wrote: "Melanie wrote: "Melanie wrote: "Bianca wrote: "Sophie Kinsela has a new book coming out!! I believe it's in May and I am SO excited."

It sounds cute - I didn't like a lot of her earlier stuff, but..."

It's one of those hyped-up books for this year - but it sounds really interesting. I'll tell you how it is! :)

message 17: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Melanie wrote: "Bianca wrote: "Melanie wrote: "Melanie wrote: "Bianca wrote: "Sophie Kinsela has a new book coming out!! I believe it's in May and I am SO excited."

It sounds cute - I didn't like a lot of her ear..."

Perfect! Please do! Is it the one by Deb Caletti? I think I am going to go ahead and request it from the library. :)

message 18: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments I just came across this blog on Twitter and found a post about top 20 chick lit books to read in 2013. They all sound sooooo good so I thought I'd share :) currently reading Wedding Night!

http://iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com/2...

message 19: by Stacy (new)

Bianca wrote: "I just came across this blog on Twitter and found a post about top 20 chick lit books to read in 2013. They all sound sooooo good so I thought I'd share :) currently reading Wedding Night!

http://..."

Awesome! Thanks Bianca!!

message 20: by Beth (new)

Beth Orsoff (BethOrsoff) | 133 comments Bianca wrote: "I just came across this blog on Twitter and found a post about top 20 chick lit books to read in 2013. They all sound sooooo good so I thought I'd share :) currently reading Wedding Night!

http://..."

How is Wedding Night? That one seems to be getting mixed reviews, at least on Amazon.

message 21: by AngryGreyCat (new)

AngryGreyCat (angrygreycatreads) I read the latest jane Green Family Pictures and was really disappointed so if you are waiting to read it I would definitely get it from the library and not pay for ti.

message 22: by Stacy (new)

Fanficfan44 wrote: "I read the latest jane Green Family Pictures and was really disappointed so if you are waiting to read it I would definitely get it from the library and not pay for ti."

That sucks, I was going to buy it as I'm like 10th in line for it at the library. I guess I'll wait.....

message 23: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mcipher) | 372 comments Bianca wrote: "Melanie wrote: "Bianca wrote: "Melanie wrote: "Melanie wrote: "Bianca wrote: "Sophie Kinsela has a new book coming out!! I believe it's in May and I am SO excited."

It sounds cute - I didn't like ..."

Yes, the Deb Caletti one, exactly!

message 24: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Beth wrote: "Bianca wrote: "I just came across this blog on Twitter and found a post about top 20 chick lit books to read in 2013. They all sound sooooo good so I thought I'd share :) currently reading Wedding ..."

I actually really liked Wedding Night! I can understand the mixed reviews since the main character was ditzy as ever and at times I was annoyed with her. But I thought the story line was great and I couldn't put the book down. Overall, I loved it! I've always been a Sophie Kinsella fan, so I figured I'd like it. :)

message 25: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Beth wrote: "Bianca wrote: "I just came across this blog on Twitter and found a post about top 20 chick lit books to read in 2013. They all sound sooooo good so I thought I'd share :) currently reading Wedding ..."

By the way, Beth, I am about to start How I Learned to Love the Walrus, and I am SO excited!!! I absolutely loved Romantically Challenged, so I bought How I Learned to Love the Walrus right after. I bought Disengaged, too, and that one will come after! :) Yay!

message 26: by Stacy (new)

Bianca wrote: "Beth wrote: "Bianca wrote: "I just came across this blog on Twitter and found a post about top 20 chick lit books to read in 2013. They all sound sooooo good so I thought I'd share :) currently rea..."

I really liked How I Learned to Love the Walrus. It's a really cute read! :)

message 27: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mcipher) | 372 comments Stacy wrote: "Bianca wrote: "Beth wrote: "Bianca wrote: "I just came across this blog on Twitter and found a post about top 20 chick lit books to read in 2013. They all sound sooooo good so I thought I'd share :..."

I love that title - there's something so cute about walruses!

message 28: by Beth (new)

Beth Orsoff (BethOrsoff) | 133 comments Thanks Bianca! And Stacy! Bianca, I hope you like the book. Walrus (now titled Girl in the Wild) is one of my favorites. Yes, authors have favorites among their own books :)

message 29: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (diva2416) | 819 comments Fanficfan44 wrote: "I read the latest jane Green Family Pictures and was really disappointed so if you are waiting to read it I would definitely get it from the library and not pay for ti."

I completely agree. It was almost like she phoned it in or something. Not as good as her other books.

message 30: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 767 comments Has anyone heard if Adena Halpern has a new book coming out any time soon? I loved all her books, but I don't see anything new listed and I haven't heard anything. Just curious!

message 31: by Stacy (new)

Suzanne wrote: "Has anyone heard if Adena Halpern has a new book coming out any time soon? I loved all her books, but I don't see anything new listed and I haven't heard anything. Just curious!"

I haven't heard anything. :(

message 32: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments That reminds me that I need to request all her other books from the library! I've only red "Ten Best Days of My Life" and I LOVED it. I hope she has more coming out too! :)

message 33: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments I love Adena Halpern! If anyone does ever hear of a new book coming out PLEASE share as I will run out and preorder faster than anything! I really loved Wedding Night. I have so many books I'm trying to read right now - Revenge Wears Prada, the last arc in the PLL series, Family Pictures and the Dork Diaries to name a few. I also just finished the Tao of Martha by Jen Lancaster. I enjoyed that one much more than her last book!

message 34: by Stacy (new)

I'm reading The Tao of Martha now...probably 3/4 of the way through it. :)

PLL is awesome Kourt!!! I already pre-ordered the next book!

I haven't read all of Adena Halpern's books yet, but the couple I have read, I loved.

And I want to read Revenge, but my library doesn't have it (can't find the page to request it) and I don't want to buy it.

I'm fifth in line for Family Pictures....

message 35: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mcipher) | 372 comments Stacy wrote: "I'm reading The Tao of Martha now...probably 3/4 of the way through it. :)

I haven't read all of Adena Halpern's books yet, but the co..."

I'm reading Revenge right now, among a few other books. It's definitely not as good as the first one, but it's one of those books you kind of feel like you need to read, you know? Andy isn't nearly the kind of girl she was in the original book, which was such a part of its charm.

message 36: by Stacy (new)

Really? That kinda sucks. :/

message 37: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Stacy wrote: "I'm reading The Tao of Martha now...probably 3/4 of the way through it. :)

I haven't read all of Adena Halpern's books yet, but the co..."

What is Revenge?! I looked up the book and wasn't sure which one you were talking about.

message 38: by Stacy (new)

Revenge Wears Prada by Lauren Weisenberger. It's the sequel to The Devil Wears Prada. In case you didn't know. :)

I finally found it online at my library but they don't have any copies yet. I put it on hold for when they do get it in.

message 39: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Stacy wrote: "Revenge Wears Prada by Lauren Weisenberger. It's the sequel to The Devil Wears Prada. In case you didn't know. :)

I finally found it online at my library but they don't have any copies yet. I put..."

Oh yeah!!!! I saw the movie, but I never got around to reading it. I actually didn't even know there was a book at first! Do you recommend reading the first book or no? I've seen the movie millions of times, but I might just read through it really fast in case anything is different. What do you think?

message 40: by Stacy (new)

Bianca wrote: "Stacy wrote: "Revenge Wears Prada by Lauren Weisenberger. It's the sequel to The Devil Wears Prada. In case you didn't know. :)

I finally found it online at my library but they don't have any cop..."

Hmmm....from what I remember, the movie is a good match to the book. I only read it once, and it was long before the movie came out so I'm not sure. But I remember loving the movie (I have watched it a million times too, lol!) and not being angry that it deviated from the book too much.