What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Locket
This topic is about The Locket
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Time travel romance a woman who goes back to her grandmother's time through some sort of brooch or necklace and is mistaken for her grandmother. [s]

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andie (new)

Andie I. | 7 comments Hi guys,

I am really desperate to find the name of a romance novel I read about 12-13 years ago.
It's about a woman who goes back to her grandmother's time through some sort of brooch or necklace and is mistaken for her grandmother. She finds out that her grandmother was a really mean person and treated everyone horribly. The woman meets a handsome man who used to be involved with her grandmother and who her grandmother loved but eventually left, though she became pregnant. Eventually, they find the grandmother's child who was given up to live in some sort of orphanage and the rest is foggy. Eventually the guy comes back to present time with her.

I am so frustrated because I can't remember the name of it AT ALL!!!!!!

If you guys have ANY clues, I would be soooo grateful.

Thanks so much!!!

PS: The book isn't "The Mirror".

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 606 comments maybe something by Constance O'Day-Flannery - she seems to have a few TT romances published around that time

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
There is another unsolved book search that involves a grandmother's brooch and time travel. I'm not sure it's the same book. I'm putting the link here in case it is the same book, and perhaps it will jog a memory or two.
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

message 4: by Yue (new)

Yue | 137 comments Sounds something written by Susan Elizabeth Phillips, at least, one of her books has time travel included and if I remember correctly, the plot was similar.

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 606 comments or maybe Jude Deveraux - she had lots of TT in her romances

message 6: by Mawgojzeta (last edited Dec 31, 2012 09:17AM) (new)

Mawgojzeta | 89 comments Somewhere In Time by Richard Matheson does not quite fit your description, but is a good book.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37809 comments Mod
Andie, are you still looking for this book?

message 8: by Andie (new)

Andie I. | 7 comments Hi Lobstergirl!

Yes I am, definitely. Do you have any ideas???

Justanotherbiblophile | 1740 comments Well, there are the several ideas suggested above, and the link to the other search - how do you feel about each of those suggestions? Anything you can pick out of those that you can tell us 'Well, it's not that suggestion because of X,Y or Z..." Or, if they stir up any other memories?

message 10: by Andie (new)

Andie I. | 7 comments Well I think if I had found my book I wouldn't have said that yes I definitely still am looking, would I? I think it goes without saying that I looked into all those suggestions. If I didn't comment on each, it doesn't mean that I didn't take them into consideration. They were great suggestions, but obviously not what I was looking for. Sorry. But thanks for trying.

message 11: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Andie--if you bump up your thread periodically, you'll stand a better chance of finding it. Every 30 to 90 days is the usual time for bumps.

message 12: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1190 comments Andie wrote: "Well I think if I had found my book I wouldn't have said that yes I definitely still am looking, would I? I think it goes without saying that I looked into all those suggestions. If I didn't commen..."

That's not always apparent around here, a lot of posters seem to join the group, start a thread for the book they are looking for and then don't respond to replies or show any sign they have ever come back to check up on their request.
And letting the rest of us know definitively that you've checked out the suggestions already made and ruled them out makes it easier to know if we should keep offering up possibilities or not. Especially if they were thinking of suggesting something already mentioned that hadn't been clearly ruled out by a reply.

Justanotherbiblophile | 1740 comments Also, the reasons *why* something was ruled out will help in other suggestions. If it's ruled out because - for sure the guy wasn't red-haired - well, that's one more clue, even if it's only a negative clue, and (most of us) won't suggest another red-haired protagonist in later suggestions.

message 14: by Andie (new)

Andie I. | 7 comments Justanotherbiblophile wrote: "Also, the reasons *why* something was ruled out will help in other suggestions. If it's ruled out because - for sure the guy wasn't red-haired - well, that's one more clue, even if it's only a ne..."

Understandable. My bad for assuming. In any case, as I said, though they were great suggestions, they haven't helped. I really doubt I'll ever come across that book. I've been looking for it for a long time now, with no luck. But I really do welcome suggestions, so if you continue coming up with ideas and letting me know, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,
Andie

message 15: by JennyG (last edited Mar 08, 2014 07:46AM) (new)

JennyG | 541 comments Are you sure it is a grandmother and not some other relative?

Does the heroine go back into her grandmother's body or as herself?

Do you remember the cover?

What else can you remember that might help in the search?

Give Me Tonight by Lisa Kleypas - heroine goes back into her aunt's body. Just in case you are remembering wrong about the grandmother part.
Check out the reviews on Amazon!

message 16: by Andie (new)

Andie I. | 7 comments Hi JennyG,

I'm positive it's her grandmother. She gets sucked back into the past, and she's mistaken for her grandmother (it's when her grandmother was young, and she got killed or something). So it's still her body. She tries to find her grandmother's killer or something to that effect. In the meantime, she falls in love with an ex lover of her grandmother's, whom her grandmother treated very badly. In the end, they find out her grandmother had had a baby but had given it up to live in some orphanage or something. My memory's very rusty. At the end, her lover comes back with her to the present and they marry.
The book cover was red if I remember correctly.

That is all that I remember unfortunately :(.

Thanks for your help though everyone!

message 17: by Jaye (new)

Jaye  | 366 comments bump

message 18: by Anna (last edited Nov 12, 2015 12:50AM) (new)

Anna | 509 comments That sounds much like When There is Hope by Jane Goodger.

message 19: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37809 comments Mod
Andie, did you check out Anna's suggestion @18?

message 20: by Mrsbooks (new)

Mrsbooks | 252 comments I don't think it's When There Is Hope. It's not a relative she's mistaken for but dies and is sent into some woman's body in the past.

message 21: by Mrsbooks (new)

Mrsbooks | 252 comments I read one similar. I don't think it was the grandmothers body but rather the great grandmother. Also, I think she stays in the past. I don't know what novel it was and it will take me a while to figure it out but if you think it's a possibility, I will look for it.

message 22: by Susanne (new)

Susanne (sysama) | 4 comments Wau your deskription makes me think that I have also read it many years ago. And I ak sorry to say that I dont recall title and author. As far as I Can remembered it was in romance category and not fantasy

message 23: by Yue (new)

Yue | 137 comments I am pretty sure I've read this book... was the setting in USA? Like Virginia, North Carolina or something? I think it could be a book from Phyllis A. Whitney.

message 24: by Amber (Daisymau) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1076 comments Maybe this book?

Distant Echoes by Judie Aitken

message 25: by Andie (new)

Andie I. | 7 comments It's not any of these guys. Thanks so much for the suggestions, but I'm totally at a loss now.

message 26: by Amber (Daisymau) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1076 comments The Locket by Brenna Todd?

message 27: by Andie (new)

Andie I. | 7 comments Omg yeeeeesssss!!!! This is it!!!! Thank you so much!!

message 28: by Amber (Daisymau) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1076 comments You're welcome. Glad I could help you find the book. I just decided to search with locket in the title. Then I was just guessing when I found this book and the description didn't mention anything about a grandmother or relative.