Sunburn (Greek God, #3) Sunburn discussion

Do you like heroes with a dark past?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo When writing Sunburn, I decided to use some of the god Apollo's darker history, and give him somewhat of a sordid past. Do you mind your heroes with a little darkness, or do you like them pure of heart at all times?

Beckyloohoo Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ aka Mrs. Acheron Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Personally, I like my heros a little tarnished. I think it shows more strength of character that he can grow and mature. Especially in an immortal that has had centuries to do anything he wants. Lots of room for mistakes, and it makes the redemption even sweeter.

message 3: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo Beckyloohoo Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ aka Mrs. Acheron Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ wrote: "Personally, I like my heros a little tarnished. I think it shows more strength of character that he can grow and mature. Especially in an immortal that has had centuries to do anything he wants...."

I agree, Beckyloohoo. It is fun to write a character who has a tarnished past, and certainly fun to read them. As my heroine Patience said, maybe those immortals received a few extra bells and whistles, but perhaps they're more human than they thought. :)