Girls and Guns discussion

Specific Authors/Books/Series > Mark Cooper's How I Met Your Mother story cycle

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Thad (new)

Thad Brown | 50 comments Since most of my reviews and comments on my own reading are posted under my real name, I usually don't post about them in this persona, so as not to give away clues as to my true identity. But one author whose work I have reviewed here on Goodreads is Mark Cooper, a Brit who's a Goodreads author (though I think he's not active on this site any longer). He's the author of the story cycle How I Met Your Mother, which was originally published in the Girls With Guns Forum (see the links thread) and still can be read there. His protagonist is British spy Leah Bennett Hargraves, who's quite deadly with any sort of weapon, or with her bare hands; but her deadliness is harnessed to the service of justice, and she's also a loving wife, a good mom, and a loyal friend, with a kind heart and a sense of humor.

I don't know how many people out there have read any of these stories, but I'm up for a discussion with anyone who's interested. Trestle Press at one time published How I Met Your Mother and First Date (which I think is actually the first story broken into two parts) as separate e-stories, but I'm not sure they're still in print under that imprint. My review of the first one is here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/... .

message 2: by David (new)

David | 14 comments I was hoping these might still be available as ebooks as they sound like my kind of stories. Unfortunately nothing comes up on Amazon. If anyone finds these please share here.

message 3: by Thad (new)

Thad Brown | 50 comments David, I'd guess these aren't in print any longer in paper or e-book format. (Trestle Press had some problems two or three years ago, and a number of their authors cancelled their contracts) But they can still be read at the forum sponsored by the www.girlswithguns.org site. (There's no independent link to the forum; you have to click on it from the site --that link is prominent near the top, just under the list of new reviews..) Mark posted his stories in the "Books" section; they show in that menu. I think you can read them without joining (you'd have to join to comment); but joining is free.