SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

Retired Topics > Book storage ideas

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carolien (new)

Carolien (carolien_s) | 2138 comments Mod
Has anybody got any clever ideas how I can store my TBR pile(s) of books (mostly ones identified for current challenges)? At the moment, the books end up in multiple piles on my bedside table, the floor underneath it and then seems to spread from there outward. Last night I overturned a glass of water (full of course) on the bedside table with predictably dire consequences.

message 2: by Crusader (new)

Crusader (crusaderza) | 2452 comments Mod
Pep stores had these large fabric lined boxes which I think could make good storage for books while still looking pretty neat.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Lots of other stores are selling storage boxes now as well. I personally prefer the cardboard ones for books. You can get them at Typo, Woolworths, @Home (and other home stores), Sheet Street, Clicks, etc. When I was short on shelf space, I turned boxes on their sides and put them on top of my other shelves to make an extra shelf.

I've also seen photos of wooden packing crates stacked on top of each other or fixed to walls for use as bookshelves.

message 4: by Carolien (new)

Carolien (carolien_s) | 2138 comments Mod
Thanks very much for the ideas. As soon as I can convince myself that its a good idea to go near a mall I'll go have a look.

message 5: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
The books that don't fit on my shelves I put in a cupboard in the spare room/harry potter room.