Philip K Dick discussion

what do you think? > sexiest PKD relationship? My favorite is in "We can Build you."

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charles (new)

Charles Baudelaire (charlesbaudelaireisdead) | 7 comments Generally PKD relationships aren't too complex. I'm a romantic so it's a testament to PKD, how big a fan I am.

message 2: by Mohammed (new)

Mohammed  Burhan Abdi Osman (mohammedaosman) | 102 comments Mod
Arent too complex? The most complex relationships are often found in romance books, classic love stories.

I like reading the mundane,realistic take on relationships in his books. Men and women are together and they are not always madly in love. They just dont want to be alone.

message 3: by Charles (new)

Charles Baudelaire (charlesbaudelaireisdead) | 7 comments i agree about your take on the pleasure of PKD's relationship. But as soneone who has a

message 4: by Charles (new)

Charles Baudelaire (charlesbaudelaireisdead) | 7 comments @$%& as someone who has the sickness called
.. Romanticism, and waits impatiently for the protagonist to hook up w someone; its an added.. bonus when it happens in a PKD book.

message 5: by Mohammed (new)

Mohammed  Burhan Abdi Osman (mohammedaosman) | 102 comments Mod
Charles wrote: "@$%& as someone who has the sickness called
.. Romanticism, and waits impatiently for the protagonist to hook up w someone; its an added.. bonus when it happens in a PKD book."

Hehe i understand what you mean. Frankly i dont remember a sexy or happy romance in PKD books i have read. PKD has a habit of writing certain females characters who are maneaters. Maybe its more positive in the short stories, the other novels i have not read.

message 6: by Byron 'Giggsy' (new)

Byron  'Giggsy' Paul (giggsy) | 110 comments Mod
I liked Taverner and Alys in Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said

message 7: by Simon (new)

Simon (toastermantis) | 24 comments quite a few, if you've got a thing for flat-chested brunettes with shifty moral loyalties

(is it just me, or do a ridiculously high percentage of PKD's female characters fall into that niche?)

message 8: by Byron 'Giggsy' (new)

Byron  'Giggsy' Paul (giggsy) | 110 comments Mod
not sure where the flat-chested comes from, but PKD was born a twin, and his pair was a female brunette that died at 6 weeks old. I know one of the DVD documentaries covers this some and I'm sure some of the book biographies do, but I know experts often point to these odd brunette characters as Dick's manifestation of his sister into an adult life.