Imgur Book Club discussion

General Discussion > World War Z?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justine (new)

Justine O'Sheades (juzky) | 7 comments Has anyone read this? I want to but I'm heard mixed reviews and I was wondering if it's good.

message 2: by Missmobott (new)

Missmobott | 3 comments I've just seen previews for the movie (which looks amazing) I had no idea it is a book! I'm definitely up for reading it.

message 3: by Justine (new)

Justine O'Sheades (juzky) | 7 comments So am I! Apparently the movie doesn't have all the amazing stories but I think the movie is gonna be awesome.

message 4: by Connor (new)

Connor Hollrah | 5 comments I began to read one summer and was very intrigued. It's supposed to be an incredible book.Possible book for the future group list.

message 5: by Shawna (new)

Shawna (zeggy23) | 10 comments Fantastic book!!! I'm pretty disappointed by what the trailer looked like though :(. This is a MUST read before you see the movie book.

message 6: by Josh (new)

Josh Scott | 2 comments It's a spectacular book, Good enough that I'm already assuming that the movie will suck, since that's how things normally go...

message 7: by Jay (new)

Jay I think it was a really good book. I enjoyed the "historical accounts" format and thought the various stories were all very well thought out.

On a side note, for some reason I was suprised to lean that Max Brooks is the son of Mel Brooks. Nice to see that the entertaining gene didn't skip a generation.

message 8: by Justine (new)

Justine O'Sheades (juzky) | 7 comments Mel Brooks son? That's a fun fact haha thats really cool

message 9: by Justine (new)

Justine O'Sheades (juzky) | 7 comments Samuel wrote: "I have a signed copy from Max Brooks and have read the book. I enjoyed it immensely. For those who have seen the trailer, it is NOTHING like what the book is. The book is more of a record of accoun..."

Thank you for that, that sounds really interesting.
I'm definitely going to read it after what everyone has said :)

message 10: by Shawna (new)

Shawna (zeggy23) | 10 comments I feel like the trailer is just another zombie movie and they wanted a popular title....

message 11: by Yuri (new)

Yuri | 1 comments I love the book! Even though the book is comprised of short accounts, they are (for the most part) in chronological order. You can literally sense the different mind frames! The trailer... I think I might pass on the movie...

message 12: by Zeta (new)

Zeta | 2 comments I'm about a quarter of the way through the book right now. And at the moment I don't quite like it yet. I say yet because I hope it will get better. From what I've read so far it seems a bit over hyped. But maybe I will be proved wrong by the time I finish the book.