Time Travel discussion

Just for Fun > It's been fun...

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John, Moderator in Memory (new)

John | 834 comments Mod
Well, since the world is going to end tomorrow I just wanted to let you all know that I have had a blast serving as co-moderator of this group... I have truely appreciated hanging out with all of you time travel fanatics and getting to know you... It's been a lot of fun... Oh, and if for some reason we are still here tomorrow, please disregard this message...

message 2: by Tej (new)

Tej (theycallmemrglass) | 1725 comments Mod
Damn it, I havent yet finished Brenda's Revised the World. Reached the part where Titus is getting it on with a chick from the future. Not enough time. Lighting is bad down here. Just about getting internet connection to write this post from 20 feet below ground level.

message 3: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 1174 comments Tej, crawl out my man, the future is here.

message 4: by John, Moderator in Memory (new)

John | 834 comments Mod
I'm not sure what happened, but I am still here. So I guess life goes on. I just wish I hadn't maxed out all my credit cards for last night's big party. It is going to take years to pay them off. Bwa-ha-haaaaaaaaaaaa...

message 5: by Tej (last edited Dec 21, 2012 07:29AM) (new)

Tej (theycallmemrglass) | 1725 comments Mod
Internet is still working! Wow. Nothing happened!...well except John is now a pauper.

Wait a minute, why do I get this strange feeling I wrote that sentence before...

...what exactly are they working on at the Large Hydron Cylinder?

...wait, I'm sure I already asked that question too?...

message 6: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 1174 comments Tej, relax, I often experience quite the opposite phenomenon, a condition known as Deja New.

I get the distinct feeling that I've never done this before.

Always a good sensation, if I say so myself.

message 7: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 1174 comments John, just a thought that may elevate your current Time Frame:

What about that pesky calander change, you know, by that Pope Gregory way back when?

So don't worry for the next eight days.

message 8: by Paul (new)

Paul (paullev) | 791 comments For more fun - I'm quoted in this article about the Mayan apocalypse and science fiction http://www.timesunion.com/living/arti...

message 9: by John, Moderator in Memory (new)

John | 834 comments Mod
I heard from a friend that according to the Ethiopian calander, the Mayan apocalypse doesn't happen for another eight years. I think I'm going to move there immediately. Hope they have high-speed internet. And I better stock on on kindle reading material (all time travel novels) in case Amazon crashes.

message 10: by Paul (new)

Paul (paullev) | 791 comments John wrote: "And I better stock on on kindle reading material (all time travel novels) in case Amazon crashes. "

A signal idea!

message 11: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 1174 comments John, just to be clear:

The Mayan apocalypse is listed in the Ethiopian calander?

Wow, seems like proof of TT there.

message 12: by Frances (new)

Frances Clark (throughtime) | 88 comments Ha ha ha ha ha, thanks for the laugh guys. It was fun reading these posts. I heard on TV the other night they interpreted the calendar wrong and the world won't end for over a hundred years so you all have plenty of time to read those books.

message 13: by Jo (new)

Jo Burl (burlgirl) | 11 comments Arrrgghh! I totally forgot about how Pope Gregory messed with the calendar! I've got to get out there and tell everyone before people calm down. I'm glad the solstice is irrelevant in this matter, because its much more fun to keep people on the edge of their seat.
I missed a fantastic end of the world party last night because I was wrapping Christmas presents in preparation for my mother in law's visit. There was a cake of the world being impacted by an asteroid and everything! I guess I'll just have to wait for the next time the world ends and go to THAT party.

message 14: by Bob (new)

Bob | 4 comments Frances wrote: "Ha ha ha ha ha, thanks for the laugh guys. It was fun reading these posts. I heard on TV the other night they interpreted the calendar wrong and the world won't end for over a hundred years so you ..."

opps................I wish I would have known that before I charged all those credit cards to the limit. :)

message 15: by Frances (new)

Frances Clark (throughtime) | 88 comments Now if you could just find that elusive time machine Bob you could go back and unspend all that money.

message 16: by Bob (new)

Bob | 4 comments I think the Mayans have one hid somewhere. :)