Madam, want to talk about author Mary Stewart? discussion

Madam, Will You Talk?
This topic is about Madam, Will You Talk?
Buddy Reads > Madam Will You Talk?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Misfit, Moderator (new) - added it

Misfit | 587 comments Please feel free to join the gang anytime after Jan 1. I will set up separate folders after I get my hands on a copy. Please remember to clearly mark spoilers.

Hannah (hannahr) | 405 comments Thanks for getting this set up, Misfit!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hannah wrote: "Thanks for getting this set up, Misfit!"

Yes, thank you, Misfit!

message 4: by Misfit, Moderator (new) - added it

Misfit | 587 comments Looking forward to getting started This will be fun.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I just requested it from the library.

Jemidar My copy is ordered and hopefully will be here by the New Year :-).

Willow I've got this book from the library and I'm ready to begin. :)

message 8: by Misfit, Moderator (new) - added it

Misfit | 587 comments Yay. Waiting for my hold to land.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I got my copy yesterday.

Willow Are we starting Jan 1st?

message 11: by Katy (new) - added it

Katy Hi everyone! Got my invite from Jeanette, trying to find a copy of the book by the 1st! (No luck so far >.<)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Katy! Good luck! I got my copy from the library.

message 13: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim (kimmr) | 26 comments I ordered a copy a few days soon. Sadly, a paper copy can be had cheaper than a Kindle edition. My local libraries don't have it and I can't be bothered trying to get it through an ILL.

message 14: by Hannah (last edited Dec 23, 2012 09:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hannah (hannahr) | 405 comments I have my mother's old copy, part of a threesome.

She dated it 1965 - I was less then 2 years old!!

message 15: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim (kimmr) | 26 comments Hannah wrote: "I have my mother's old copy, part of a threesome.

She dated it 1965 - I was less then 2 years old!!"

You young thing, you!

Jemidar I was only four :-).

SarahC (sarahcarmack) | 9 comments Thank you for the invite, Jeannette, and glad to be with everyone for the discussion.

message 18: by Misfit, Moderator (new) - added it

Misfit | 587 comments SarahC wrote: "Thank you for the invite, Jeannette, and glad to be with everyone for the discussion."

The more the merrier. Anyone who has a copy and has time feel free to set up discussion threads by sections. I doubt I'll see my copy until the end of this week at the earliest.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

SarahC wrote: "Thank you for the invite, Jeannette, and glad to be with everyone for the discussion."

Hi Sarah! I'm looking forward to the read! :)

message 20: by Virginia (new) - added it

Virginia (goodreadscomginny) | 16 comments I tried getting it in eBook but because I did not live in the UK I was unable to get it. Just ordered from Amazon and paid extra to receive it quickly and after completing the order I was informed I would receive it between Dec.31-Jan.8. What a bummer! My public library does not have a copy so I will be a little late starting.

Willow Virginia wrote: "I tried getting it in eBook but because I did not live in the UK I was unable to get it. Just ordered from Amazon and paid extra to receive it quickly and after completing the order I was informe..."

I will keep my fingers crossed that you get this on Dec 31st. :D

Laura | 52 comments Good morning!!! I hope you had a wonderful time during the "reveillon" last night.

By the way, do we have any reading schedule to start with this buddy read?

Hannah (hannahr) | 405 comments Hi Laura!
I'm assuming that most of us will start it sometime this week. I've heard some members haven't gotten their copy yet, but hopefully those will arrive within the week or so. Let's keep January open for the entire read, don't you think?

Jemidar I'm one who's copy hasn't arrived yet. It's still sitting in the UK, undispatched, even though I ordered it 12 days ago! Grrr.

Laura | 52 comments I do agree Hannah since I don't remember that we've discussed any reading schedule during our comments about this buddy read.

message 26: by Hannah (last edited Jan 01, 2013 04:53AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hannah (hannahr) | 405 comments Setting the stage:

For those who like to get a picture of some scenes in which the action takes place

Additional Avignon photos available on Google Images (link below)
http://images.google.com/search?num=1...

Hannah (hannahr) | 405 comments Jemidar wrote: "I'm one who's copy hasn't arrived yet. It's still sitting in the UK, undispatched, even though I ordered it 12 days ago! Grrr."

12 days? That's ridiculous.

message 28: by Hannah (last edited Jan 01, 2013 04:52AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hannah (hannahr) | 405 comments Laura wrote: "I do agree Hannah since I don't remember that we've discussed any reading schedule during our comments about this buddy read."

Yeah, I think we just set the date as January, so to each his own reading schedule whenever they get the book and the time to read it. Misfit is, I think, going to set up separate folders shortly. As she says, let's try to keep this particular thread spoiler free.

message 29: by Jemidar (last edited Jan 01, 2013 05:33AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jemidar Hannah wrote: "12 days? That's ridiculous."

Yeah, that's what I think. I know there's been a couple of public holidays in that time but usually it would've been here by now. Think I should've coughed up the extra dollar or so and bought the Kindle version!

message 30: by Misfit, Moderator (last edited Jan 01, 2013 06:42AM) (new) - added it

Misfit | 587 comments Good morning all! I got my copy a couple of days ago. Took a quick look and didn't find any easy answer how to break it up into sections. Might have to play it as we go. I'll look again later. I'm still in bed.

message 31: by Misfit, Moderator (new) - added it

Misfit | 587 comments It sounds like Willowfaerie might start this today, and I might as well since I just abandoned a dog of a book. I still don't see a good break apart point for separate discussions, but perhaps I'll spot something once we get started - suggestions welcome.

In the meantime, please remember to use the spoiler tag, and also note what page you are on so we know if it's *safe* to click on the tag or not.

Also, the spoiler tags don't work for some mobile apps (like mine), so please try to keep that in mind. I probably will stay away from the discussions on the mobile and just click when I'm at the PC.

Happy reading!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I started last night. Are you going to start a new thread for the discussion with spoilers? I'd like to suggest noting the chapter rather than the page number when posting, because I imagine everyone has different page numbers.

message 33: by Misfit, Moderator (new) - added it

Misfit | 587 comments Jeannette wrote: "I started last night. Are you going to start a new thread for the discussion with spoilers? I'd like to suggest noting the chapter rather than the page number when posting, because I imagine ever..."

Excellent points. I'll start a finished thread, and then see if we need other threads as we go along.

Laura | 52 comments Good idea Jeannette. I like the idea to have threads for the discussion along the reading. The book has 29 chapters. Misfit, what about divide the threads in 6 with 5 chapters in each one? It's just a suggestion to think about.

message 35: by Misfit, Moderator (new) - added it

Misfit | 587 comments Laura wrote: "Good idea Jeannette. I like the idea to have threads for the discussion along the reading. The book has 29 chapters. Misfit, what about divide the threads in 6 with 5 chapters in each one? It's jus..."

Thanks Laura, I'll get right on it :)

Diane Lynn | 481 comments I'm just seeing if this older discussion comes to the top when I add a new comment.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Enjoy!

Diane Lynn | 481 comments Jeannette wrote: "Enjoy!"

Yes ma'am! I will be in the car all day tomorrow and hope to read a few chapters.

message 39: by Katy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy (kathy_h) | 120 comments Time to reread this one! I'm in.

Veronique | 54 comments Me too :O) Audio while packing and moving. End of next week ish

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ | 1080 comments I'm not sure where my old paperback of this book is hiding, but I just checked and it turns out I also have a Kindle version, so I'm set!

Abigail Bok (regency_reader) | 29 comments In a weird moment of self-abnegation I gave away all my Mary Stewart books except for the Merlin series about a decade ago. So I’ll be reading it on Kindle, sigh.

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ | 1080 comments Abigail wrote: "In a weird moment of self-abnegation I gave away all my Mary Stewart books except for the Merlin series about a decade ago. So I’ll be reading it on Kindle, sigh."

Oh no! My old MS books are pretty dusty but I keep them all. I think I have 3 or 4 copies of some of my favorites, lol.

Abigail Bok (regency_reader) | 29 comments Well, they were all on acid paper so they would be pretty crumbly by now, and I always like to support publishing by buying more when I can!

Jackie | 143 comments I'm in. I requested it from my library.

Rebecca (rebeccafr) | 4 comments I’m looking forward to joining in. Can’t wait to read again, it’s been awhile.

Julie | 53 comments I have an old paperback version, tiny print. About to dive in!

Jackie | 143 comments Jackie wrote: "I'm in. I requested it from my library."
I requested the large print version, so I can really enjoy myself. ;-)

message 49: by Katy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy (kathy_h) | 120 comments I actually hadn't read this one before, so it was nice to begin our rereads with it. Finished last night.

Linda Martin (lindajm) | 26 comments I'm about half-way through this. Intriguing.

« previous 1

Madam, want to talk about author Mary Stewart?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Wildfire at Midnight (other topics)