Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Werewolf/Vampire books

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordan (new)

Jordan | 1 comments Hi, I've read a lot of books and I've run out.. and I don't know the best way to find books anymore.

I just finished the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, and I'm looking for something kind of similar (maybe a wee bit less sex, but I can handle it if the story line is good).

Basically if anybody knows any books where there is a strong werewolf/vampire female that meets a (not physically weak, but like human weak) male. Should be pretty bloody, else I won't get that into it.

Some series I've read..

Morganville Vampires
Blue Bloods
The Wereling series

Things like that I've already read, if that helps paint a picture in your head. Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Nurul (new)

Nurul Hanif (goodreadscomnurul_hanif) | 1 comments hey there.. you could read sherrilyn kenyon's books.. she's got dark hunters who are vampires and werehunters who are shapeshifters who can shift to wolf, bear, tiger and so on.. if youre looking for some humor to go with it you can try the love at stake series by kerrelyn sparks.. just few suggestions!

message 3: by Heather (last edited Dec 20, 2012 09:10PM) (new)

Heather (crystalmirror) | 5 comments It's not quite what you asked for, but Kim Harrison's The Hollows will keep your interest. It has vampires, werewolves, witches, elves, demons and pixes- bacically everything. No one is really disappionted w/ it. I've read everything you read, plus. The Hollows is still my favourite. For something really differant, try Richelle Mead's Geogria Kicaid series. Jeri Readi-Smith writes a great vampire seires.

message 4: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Strickland carver | 14 comments Christine feehan is good also. if you have a kindle just go into amazon and type in kindle books paranormal there are 400 pages of books I just downloaded a ton that were free and think I only got to page 11

message 5: by Shuling (new)

Shuling Vampire
Have you read Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost ? It's pretty nice. Cat and Bones are to die for. (:

If you're looking for some sarcastic and strong female, you can try Pack Challenge (Magnus Pack, #1) by Shelly Laurenston . I just love all those females Shelly Laurenston wrote.

Hope I can help.

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 320 comments I would start with this list
http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/21...

Some of my favorites are
Psy-Changeling by Nalini Singh
Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
Mercedes Thompson / Alpha Omega by Patricia Briggs
Kate Daniels by Ilona Andrews

message 7: by Sally (new)

Sally (larwos) | 258 comments And for terrific shifter series, check out Shelly Laurenston and Jennifer Ashley.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I would also suggest Psy-Changeling by Nalini Singh and Magnus & Pride books by Shelly Laurenston. Easily my two favorite authors.

message 9: by Scarlet (new)

Scarlet (extraordinarygirl86) | 81 comments The Elemental Assassin series by Jennifer Estep might be something you'd like. The heroine in that story is not a vampire or a werewolf, but she is a powerful supernatural assassin with a human as a her love interest.

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost and Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill are two other series I recommend. While the lead male characters in those books are not humans, the heroines in both are equally as strong as the males.

Ninab (Honesty is the Best Policy)  | 137 comments That's a tough combo you're looking for - off the top of my head Dawn's Awakening (Breeds, #14) by Lora Leigh has a sortof shifter female and a human male though may have too much sex and not enough action for what you're looking for. Changeling Dawn (Changeling, #3) by Dani Harper has a shifter female and human male but again not sure if the amount of sex and action are right. Priceless (A Sexy Urban Fantasy Mystery #1) by Shannon Mayer has a paranormal female (not shifter or vamp as far as I can tell) and human male but is light on the sex (none at all that I remember) and may have the action you want.

Second Psy-Changeling, Patricia Briggs and Ilona Andrews, The Hollows, Jennifer Ashley and Shelley Laurenston.

message 11: by Lisa Anne (last edited Jan 08, 2013 10:07PM) (new)

Lisa Anne (lisamessegee) | 120 comments If you liked BDB, could try:
Midnight Breed by Lara Adrian Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian
The books feature vampire males, but each of the females is special in some way.

message 12: by Travis (new)

Travis Luedke (twluedke) | 31 comments I really don't want to be spammy since I am new to the discussion group, but the kind of novel your asking for just happens to be very close to the one I wrote:

The Nightlife New York (The Nightlife, #1) by Travis Luedke

A young man learns to find his way while subject to the power and authority of a domineering Vampire Mistress (she's also French).

Its fairly erotic, graphic violence, and a little bit of romance, but not too soppy.

Based on your description of what you're looking for, I think this fits.

Travis

Irene ~ Ice Cold Passion (icecoldpassion) | 201 comments For strong females vampires humans and shifters alike I would recommend the Nightworld series by L.J Smith, she always has strong female characters.