Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Outlander (Outlander, #1)
This topic is about Outlander
Book Discussion & Recommendation > Outlander Audiobook for FREE Download

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erica (last edited Dec 24, 2012 07:46AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erica (blondechick80) My friend showed me this website which seems to be a new audiobook download site. They are offering 1 free download from a choice of 20 and one of the books to choose is Outlander which is the pick for January so I thought I'd share!

http://www.downpour.com/sfcfree

*UPDATED* This deal is now over :( They reached their maximum 3K downloads per title or something...

message 2: by Vicky (last edited Dec 20, 2012 12:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vicky (librovert) | 493 comments Mod
I highly recommend the audiobook version of Outlander.

It's a long haul (32 hours) but Davina Porter is a fantastic narrator. If you have a long commute or just devour audiobooks, I would definitely get it.

Carolyn F. | 34 comments Me - Davina is my favorite narrator and she does an excellent job. I love her Jamie.

message 4: by Miya (new) - added it

Miya (nursethalia) I didn't recognize Porter's name, but I listened to a sample and recognized her voice instantly. She narrated practically every book my parents ever listened to on tape when I was a kid; they were big Marion Zimmer Bradley fans.

Bonnie (MsWas) W (mswas) I've read it a bunch of times but have never listened to it. Was this offer only good on 12/20? I'm not quite sure where to go on the site. I see that I can get a free download if i sign up for $11.99, but that doesn't seem too free to me!

Vicky (librovert) | 493 comments Mod
The page that the link went to was definitely different yesterday, the offer might have only been for the day. :(

Bonnie (MsWas) W (mswas) bummer!

Cameluta | 2 comments The offer was for 3000 downloads for each audiobook, so whenever this happened the offer ended. For some audiobooks the offer expired in the first day.

message 10: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary (mkrhodes84) | 40 comments Thanks to your link I have the Outlander book and am enjoying it very much lots of giggle moments along the way!

Erica (blondechick80) yay! I got it, but haven't started it yet

Cameluta | 2 comments Try this link: http://www.downpour.com/latfree. It should be good until 26 Dec.

message 13: by Miya (new) - added it

Miya (nursethalia) Cameluta wrote: "Try this link: http://www.downpour.com/latfree. It should be good until 26 Dec."

Thanks! It worked for me just now (27th).

I mentioned above that I recognized Porter's voice, since my mom used to listen to lots of books she narrated. Now that I'm starting to read Outlander, I find myself recognizing the characters' names and some of the lines - my mom had the Outlander audiobook playing in the car for a few weeks when I was a kid. Now I'm coming across all these steamy bits and thinking to myself, "Why the heck was my Mom listening to this when I was there? Totally not age appropriate!" LOL.

Weird to think I can remember bits of audiobook after more than fifteen years.

message 14: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary (mkrhodes84) | 40 comments She did so because she knew you wouldn't understand what was going on, now as an adult you listen and understand but then the droning of her voice probably boarded you to sleep lol

Jennifer (thebookishginger) | 25 comments Thank you for posting about this! I just downloaded it today :)

I just listened to my first audiobook yesterday while playing WoW and found that it really works for me. Now I have a new one to listen to! :)

Erica (blondechick80) After spending so much time listening to this book (I'm on track 32) in such long stretches while working I find that I want to talk with cross English/Scottish accent, as I am already thinking in the accent. Am I the only one?

Jennifer (thebookishginger) | 25 comments Erica wrote: "After spending so much time listening to this book (I'm on track 32) in such long stretches while working I find that I want to talk with cross English/Scottish accent, as I am already thinking in ..."

No, I've been thinking in it too..lol

message 18: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary (mkrhodes84) | 40 comments Nope not the only one lol I finished it almost a week ago and still find my self doing this... I also find myself wanting to listen to it again lol