Imgur Book Club discussion

General Discussion > Other new Goodreads members?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Silja (new)

Silja I joined just now. I had never even heard about Goodreads before. Seems really cool. I was a Librarything member for a while, but didn't like it. Does anyone have experience on different sites like this? Is Goodreads the best?

message 2: by James Haikin (new)

James Haikin | 20 comments Mod
I tried Librarything, didn't like it either. Goodreads is pretty cool, though, and pretty nonintrusive. The only problem I run into is adding books en masse can be kind of a hassle.

message 3: by Haley (new)

Haley (b0pp) | 7 comments Goodreads is fantastic! Been a member for years. Download the app for making it really easy to catalog your own library by scanning ISBN barcodes with your camera on your phone.

message 4: by Silja (new)

Silja Haley, that sounds awesome. Thanks for the tip.

message 5: by Jacob (new)

Jacob (jawright) | 10 comments Yeah, the barcode scanner feature in the app is fantastic. Just set it to "batch" and scan away!

message 6: by James Haikin (new)

James Haikin | 20 comments Mod
Still new to this iPhone thing, didn't even think to look for an app. Badass.

message 7: by Haley (new)

Haley (b0pp) | 7 comments There is also a batch edit on the website at the top of any of the "My Books" pages. Pretty handy for when you create different shelves later on down the line.

I think that when I first started, I began by just looking up my favorite authors & adding all the books I've read (or want to read) from the lists that came up.

message 8: by Haley (new)

Haley (b0pp) | 7 comments Oh and one of my favorite ways to find new books is the Listopia feature under Explore, as well as the giveaways section.

message 9: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey (jguilmot) | 6 comments Just discovered this website thanks to the post in IU, and I love it! I've been meaning to catalog my books for a while, started back in '08 and gave up after that... This website really makes it easy, although it does show some bugs or inconveniences here and there.