Dreamspinner Press discussion

Contests > Holiday Festival Contest question #3

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dreamspinner (new)

Dreamspinner Press (dreamspinnerpress) | 2637 comments Mod
What is your favorite dinner scene (can be romantic, comedic, delicious, or anything else) in a Dreamspinner Press book?

message 2: by Cindi (last edited Dec 21, 2012 08:50AM) (new)

Cindi (cklyn123) | 7 comments Bear's coming out scene with the family in Who We Are. Sitting around the dinner table as everything comes out. I giggle remembering it.

message 3: by Syfy (new)

Syfy (sylvan65) | 12 comments Copping a Sweetest Day Feel, even I must cop to this. The dinner Peter planned and prepared for David on the "Sweetest Day", what ended up happening, and then the cake.... just *gah* *swoon*

message 4: by Dre (new)

Dre (drez80) In BOATK, when Bear wanted to tell Otter he loved him and set up the romantic dinner at the beach, and the seagull attacked.

message 5: by Issa (new)

Issa (goddess_issa) In Divide & Conquer when Ty takes blind Zane to his favorite Italian restaurant and meets Ryan the waiter. One of my favorite scenes from that book.

message 6: by Charlinda (new)

Charlinda Jenkins | 14 comments The first thing that comes to mind is the scene from Who We Are by TJ Klune. It is absolutely epic. It had the longest hug ever. Tofeat Loaf. And Otter getting jealous and staking his claim. Loved it lol.

message 7: by Marge (new)

Marge (margec01) | 13 comments I loved Cole from Strawberries for Dessert and all the delicious-sounding meals he made for Jonathon. But I especially loved where Cole discussed dessert.

“No dessert, I’m afraid,” Cole said. “I cook, but I don’t bake.”
“Is there a difference?”
“Honey, they’re like night and day. Cooking is an art—you can substitute, improvise, experiment. But baking is a science. Everything has to be exactly right or it all falls apart. So many rules. It’s terribly boring.” I was thinking how that statement illustrated a great deal about Cole’s character when he turned to me. “You should try it, sweetie,” he said, with a hint of venom in his voice.

message 8: by Heather C (new)

Heather C (heathercook) | 51 comments The blind date with Jonathan and Cole in the very beginning of Strawberries for Dessert. Love Cole in that scene

message 9: by Heather C (new)

Heather C (heathercook) | 51 comments Issa wrote: "In Divide & Conquer when Ty takes blind Zane to his favorite Italian restaurant and meets Ryan the waiter. One of my favorite scenes from that book."

....and the sex after that scene is epic!!!!

message 10: by Nick (new)

Nick | 10 comments In Alix Bekins' Written in the Stars, when John shows up as Bailey's final date.

message 11: by Marie (new)

Marie | 8 comments Midway through "One Small Thing," when Erik and Rue share a pasta and pesto dinner. They continued getting to know each other better, and then after dinner baby Alice is adorable (and serves as a catalyst to a kiss!).

message 12: by Taya (new)

Taya When Creed tells Bear why he so upset with the relationship between otter and bear Who we Are

message 13: by Jules (new)

Jules Lovesbooks (juleslovesbooks) | 206 comments Thanksgiving dinner at Tommy's house seen in both Chase in Shadow and Dex in Blue by Amy Lane. It is such an important dinner as Chase and Tommy finally start their lives together and as Dex and Kane figure out what the heck they are doing!

message 14: by Fehu (new)

Fehu | 10 comments When Ty and Zane are having dinner with Ty's family in Sticks & Stones (Cut & Run #2), mostly because I just love these two :)

message 15: by FlibBityFLooB (new)

FlibBityFLooB I just loved Who We Are during the dinner scene with the hug that went on tooooo long. ;)