2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2013 > Alice's 2013 - 50 books challenge

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aysegul (new)

Aysegul | 30 comments I am planning to read at least 50 books in 2013, mostly SF and Fantasy, and some classics.
My starting list is:
1-5. Game of Thrones series (5 books) by G.R.R. Martin
6-8. Mars Trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson
9-13. Jane Austen's 5 books (except Sense and Sensibility that I am reading now)

I am going to update the list as I go...

So, wish me good luck, because I've never managed to read 50 books in a year before.

message 2: by Megan, Challenges (new)

Megan (lahairoi) | 6312 comments Good luck! I read all five Game of Thrones books last year for my book club. They are definitely worth reading, just take awhile to get through. And I love Jane Austen! Her later books tend to be my favorites, so enjoy!

message 3: by Aysegul (new)

Aysegul | 30 comments Megan wrote: "Good luck! I read all five Game of Thrones books last year for my book club. They are definitely worth reading, just take awhile to get through. And I love Jane Austen! Her later books tend to ..."

Thanks Megan!

message 4: by Aysegul (new)

Aysegul | 30 comments Already February, and I am still trying to finish Altered Carbon which was a monthly read for
Sci Fi Aficionados group in January. I am soooo bored and frustrated. This book will just not end! It is only 350 pages. I have never been so bored by a sci-fi book before. It eat up my whole energy of reading. I have spent so much time in it that I just want to finish and get rid of it...

The Dracula and Grimm's Tales are going OK, so I will be done with all three pretty soon. Normally I don't read in parallel, but this coursera class I registered requires these to be read pretty soon.

Then I'll start Ender's Game, yeay!

message 5: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_) After I read "The Boy In The Striped Pajamas" for TBR twins, I'll be starting Enders Game too!

message 6: by Aysegul (new)

Aysegul | 30 comments Here is the list of books I have read so far in 2013:
1. Altered Carbon
2. Grimm's Household Stories
3. Dune

I am currently reading 2 books:
Ender's Game
Dracula

This was a slow start, but I am planning to catch up. So, I've started the great saga of Dune and the series of Ender same time. I am planning to read them in an interleaved order, Dune, Ender's Game, Dune Messiah, Speaker for the Dead, ... I was lucky to find both series in the university library. And can you believe it, this is the first time I am reading both of the series.
This year is going to be the year of the great series for me. When I finish these, I will start the Game of Thrones. So are my plans...