Love Inspired Historicals discussion

It's Snowing Outside My Window--How About You?

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
A major storm is sweeping across the US. We're too far north to face the brunt. Where are you and how are you doing????

message 2: by Cecelia (new)

Cecelia (goodreadscomcecelia_dowdy) | 68 comments It's cold and sunny over here in Maryland!!

message 3: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Neice in Ky says they expect it tomorrow but rain there today, None in Ga that is for sure-our weather is getting colder though.

message 4: by Lynsay (new)

Lynsay | 54 comments nothing here in eastern PA. we're supposed to get rain later tonight.

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments It's snowing here in central Indiana. It was rain earlier, but has now changed over.

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Ha! It was 85 yesterday and now it's 50 and dropping. Bipolar Texas weather!! Windy too!

message 7: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments sunny here around mid 80's today

message 8: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments It's snowing and windy at WVa

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 909 comments Jennifer wrote: "Ha! It was 85 yesterday and now it's 50 and dropping. Bipolar Texas weather!! Windy too!"

Yes our weather does seem bipolar lol! We had some major wind which brought down a huge limb off one of the oaks. Thankfully there were trees near by that blocked the limb from falling onto the driveway. If not I think the one car would have gotten hit.

message 10: by Camy (new)

Camy (camytang) Jennifer wrote: "Ha! It was 85 yesterday and now it's 50 and dropping. Bipolar Texas weather!! Windy too!"

Ours is the same! We were sunny in the 70s a couple weeks ago and now it's in the 40s and 50s!

message 11: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments today mid 90's tomorrow over 100. worked out having arm in a splint (like half cast and bandaged on to suport wrist is very hot on a hot day but im pain free for the first time in 3 weeks. restricted to typing onehanded

message 12: by Susan F (new)

Susan F | 147 comments It was snowing hard this morning here in Maine. Now we are getting rain because it's in the high 30's. :( I want a white Christmas.

message 13: by Lyn (new)

We ended up getting about 4 inches of snow--lovely. All the trees are flocked and beautiful. I can't help it--I love snow. And yes, we'll have a white Christmas.
Only 2 degrees above zero this morning and I started A ROARING FIRE! :-)

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Gonna be a warm Christmas for texas unless a mysterious cold front moves in between now and then again

message 15: by Debra (new)

Debra Ullrick | 64 comments Winds blowing here in Colorado. We're supposed to get snow tomorrow and on Christmas Day. Yuck. I used to love the snow but if it snows too much, it will prevent my daughter from being able to come down and spend Christmas with us. Waaaaa. *smiling* Truthfully, snow is beautiful unless I have to get out in it. hehe

message 16: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments its nice today after around 105 yesterday

message 17: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Hi everyone! It's good to be back with you all. I've missed so much! And I'm sorry to have been absent from the LIH scene for so long but LOTS of medical problems/emergencies in the family, plus trying to meet a book deadline kept me so busy I haven't even been online since August! But to the subject...

I have about four inches of snow outside my window. Enough to outline the bare branches of the trees and pile up on the pines and bushes. The blue jays, tit mouse, woodpeckers, nuthatches and my favorites, the friendly little chickadees, are flitting by my window as I write, getting seeds from the feeder my husband made for me. It's a lively scene. I'm with Lyn, I love snow. One of my favorite things to do is go for a walk around our small town at night while the snow is falling through the glow of the street lights and the Christmas lights are shining from beneath its pristine white blanket. I can't do that now. One of the ER trips was for me. I messed up my foot and I'm now hobbling around wearing a lovely after surgery boot that doew not lend itself to walks in the snow.

message 18: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Your scene sounds like a wonderful spot to be, guess the Lord has slowed you down and now you can write more for us readers to enjoy...Hope you are soon on your feet again, I know it is a bother when something keeps you at a snails pace..

message 19: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Well, I guess I took the injured foot as more of a challenge, Paula. LOL I took a break from writing and hopped around on one foot decorating the house, trimming the tree, and fixing Christmas dinner, etc.

message 20: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Well it went from 70 degrees yesterday to 55 last night all in one day! Lol had a rainy and very windy Christmas Day! Rain was going sideways! It was nuts! Felt like hurricane weather!

message 21: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments We are in the midst of a blizzard in Indiana. We have about seven inches now, and it's still snowing heavily. The high winds are causing much of the problem; gusts of up to 40 mph can really make drifts out of this much snow. They are saying it may stop in about six more hours. I'm just glad to be inside and warm.

message 22: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Barbara wrote: "We are in the midst of a blizzard in Indiana. We have about seven inches now, and it's still snowing heavily. The high winds are causing much of the problem; gusts of up to 40 mph can really make d..."

Hmm, I started replying to this message and it suddenly disappeared. I'll try again.

I'm seen a few blizzards, Barbara. My advice is to make a good hot cup of tea, curl up in your favorite chair, hopefully in front of a roaring fireplace, and read a good book. Blizzard's are best enjoyed by looking out the window. : )

message 23: by Lyn (new)

Well, now I'm in northern FL visiting relative for a week. Warm and sunny, then next week back to snow and cold!

Janet Marie Dowell | 153 comments What part of Florida, Lyn?

message 25: by Susan F (new)

Susan F | 147 comments It's around 10F degrees here today. :)

message 26: by Lyn (new)

The Villages and we're enjoying a brief preview of summer!

message 27: by CarolynB (new)

CarolynB (carolynlb) | 38 comments That's for sure, Lyn. I'm farther south and it's 75 degrees this morning at 10:00 AM! It's just a little too warm--but only a little! :)

message 28: by Lyn (new)

Well, at home it's in the 20's so I'm enjoying it!

message 29: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 305 comments The weather was in the 50's today ..here in KS. but we are expecting cooler weather tomorrow.
We havent had snow since before Christmas..

message 30: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments It went from 45 to 75 in three hours lol

message 31: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments we go from around 100 one day 70 the next

message 32: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments -2 here today! Brrr!!!!

message 33: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Gibson (rhondagibson) | 201 comments Good morning, I am a couple of days late jumping in here but wanted to share :) It has snowed here every weekend since shortly after Thanksgiving. This is unusal for us. This morning I am looking out at clear skies but the temp was 12 this morning and has been in the minus numbers for several days in the early morning. So, I guess we are warming up?

message 34: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Rhonda, that is some cold weather, here in Ga it has been unusually HOT-in 80's and we have a/c on, now hearing the weather is changing and will soon be in 30's and expect a freeze.

message 35: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Gibson (rhondagibson) | 201 comments Man Paula-O! I was just planning to come see your fine state but if the weather is turning cold... I guess I'll stay put. LOL

message 36: by Paula-O (last edited Jan 16, 2013 01:47PM) (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments But Rhonda we dont have many cold days ...come on you know you will like it.

message 37: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Gibson (rhondagibson) | 201 comments LOL, that's Paula-O... I'm sure I will. Someday, I'll make it your way :)

message 38: by Lyn (new)

We just arrived home from visiting relatives in FL. We just missed the bad storms hitting the SE. PTL.

It's bitterly cold here. But it's January!

message 39: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 305 comments Lyn wrote: "We just arrived home from visiting relatives in FL. We just missed the bad storms hitting the SE. PTL.

It's bitterly cold here. But it's January!"

Im Glad you had a safe trip Lyn!

message 40: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments yesterday was over 100 today cooler in 80's but a hot night Summer is amazing.

message 41: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments I kinda hate the cold rainy weather because my students can't go outside to run off energy! Been making them dance and sing to help them some! Lol

message 42: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 305 comments Jennifer wrote: "I kinda hate the cold rainy weather because my students can't go outside to run off energy! Been making them dance and sing to help them some! Lol"

Dancing will help to burn off energy! =)

message 43: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Lol yeah, but they are so ready to play outside! Poor babies!

message 44: by Lyn (new)

We're below zero here today. But I'm still going grocery shopping!!! But I'll wear my full length down coat and boots.

This weekend I hit the wrong button on the digital thermostat and no heat all Sat night! I woke to 56 degrees inside and minus 5 outside! BRRRRRRR.

message 45: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Sparkes (wendysparkes) | 340 comments It's not snowing at the moment, but it has been! Snow has arrived in Great Britain!