Death Bringer (Skulduggery Pleasant, #6) Death Bringer discussion

Is this worth reading?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

WakenPayne Just to make things clear, I loved and adored the first 4 books. The storylines, the characters, the humour. It was great. Needless to say I was a fan.

Then Mortal Coil came along. I decided to read that, I was disappointed because it was lacking in the humour, the storyline was simplistic but the execution could have been so much better than what it was. I liked it but for me to call it anything above "decent at best" is pure fantasy.

Now I am willing to give this book a chance (mainly because Landy wrote Mortal Coil in the same year as Dark Days). But I am afraid of this book being as disappointing (in compairson to the predecessors) as the last one (the fact that it's 600 pages doesn't encourage me to read it straight away either).

So I restate the question "Is this worth reading?".

Hina In my opinion the books have managed to maintain its same level of brilliance since the very beginning. The only difference is that the books have become slightly more darker and the characters have grown up and developed.

It definitely is worth reading, the storyline was brilliant, it was funny and the characters were amazing. I definitely recommend you carry on with the series you won't be disappointed.

WakenPayne Hina wrote: "In my opinion the books have managed to maintain its same level of brilliance since the very beginning. The only difference is that the books have become slightly more darker and the characters hav..."

Thank you for that. I appreciate the response.

Niámh All of the books are amazing read it

WakenPayne Niamh wrote: "All of the books are amazing read it"

Thanks, I appreciate the response.

Looking at the plot it does look like a step above it's predecessor (Somebody who can tear down the walls of life and death is a very interesting antagonist). Maybe if I don't enjoy it on the same level as it's predecessors I can enjoy it on it's own merits.

Kelly I think they are all amazing and consistently good the whole way through the series, looking forward to the next one

Stef Rozitis I thought this was great- especially if you like humour, sarcasm, and making fun of twilight