Reviews for the Literary Inclined discussion

Book of the Month > February 2013 BotM Nominations

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessi, <~}{{Faery Queen**aka**PixiBell}{{~> (last edited Feb 05, 2013 04:34AM) (new)

Jessi Overton (pixibell) | 281 comments Mod
I this is a tad early but February's nominations will go along with the theme of February being the "Month of Love" and wanted to give you guys time to come up with some good ones. Sooo....

Please nominate a romance novel you love &/or adore in the following genres: Contemporary Romance, Historical Romance, Erotic/Erotica Romance, Paranormal Romance, &/or Young Adult Romance

**Also you can nominate more than one book this time.
**You can promote yourself if you have a romance novel

Update: So because I am really late posting the February polls. I'm going to combine February & March into one.

February's criteria is: A Month of Love - Nominate a book/author you love &/or adore in one the following genres: Contemporary Romance, Historical Romance, Erotic/Erotica Romance, Paranormal Romance, &/or Young Adult Romance

March's criteria is: Luck of the Irish - Nominate a book/author that features one of the following: Luck or Karma, Being Irish, mythical Irish creatures, a person in the book who speak Gaelic,ST Patrick's Day, etc.

I'll give you guys until the Feb 15th to get your nominations in. Then I will be post the polls and take the top two winners [2 authors/2 books of the month].

I nominate: Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James & Love Unscripted (Love, #1) by Tina Reber

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Yoffa (webbiegrrlwriter) | 60 comments Jessi / Other Mods I completely screwed this up; meant to post this in the Book of the Month Nominations for 2013 but put it into the Author of the Month Nominations...would you please delete the duplicate one for me?

I would loooooove to promote myself and my Romantic Comedy / Jewish Inspirational story (my one and only RomCom and first-ever / last ever will be Jewish Inspirational) "Coming Home (Dicky's Story) "

Coming Home (Dicky's Story) by Sarah R. Yoffa

I really need to finish the cover art - I want to color Dicky in and then create some kind of background for him but life has intervened.

Dicky's Story is a faith walk -- a Jewish faith walk -- with a love story at its core. It's a story about prejudices, misconceptions about other cultures, discovery of oneself when you finally "see yourself through someone else's eyes" and of course, a story about love. All kinds of love.

You can buy Dicky's Story in all popular eBook formats at Smashwords. Because of my commitment to Read a Book, Make a Difference (RABMAD), I donate 10% of all profits from the sale of this book (at any/all sites selling it) to Covenant House (@CovenantHouse), an organization working to get homeless kids off the streets of the USA where they are starving, freezing and being trafficked into sexual slavery--or were trafficked in the first place and that's how they got to be homeless!

Besides the references to "stairwell strays" in Dicky's Story, the subjects of child trafficking and contemporary slavery are issues of extreme personal importance to me so I infuse some thread of them into every one of my stories, even an uplifting comedy like Dicky's Story.

I hope some of you will give Dicky's Story a try and I'd love to hear what you think of it after you do. If
the group selects Dicky's Story as the Book of the Month for February, I'll generate a coupon code to give you to get it free (but if you buy it, Covenant House gets a donation :-)

-sry
@webbiegrrl

message 3: by Jessi, <~}{{Faery Queen**aka**PixiBell}{{~> (last edited Dec 27, 2012 07:16AM) (new)

It's cool since you write romance stories I'll just put you in for author of the month too!!!

message 4: by Alana ~ The Book Pimp (last edited Dec 27, 2012 07:19AM) (new)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 123 comments Edge of Disaster by A.M. Hargrove

Written by a friend of mine and a feel-good romance with steam.

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire

This is one of my favorite romances. It's like a train wreck of a relationship you can't look away from.

message 5: by Jessi, <~}{{Faery Queen**aka**PixiBell}{{~> (new)

It's not you posted in Author of the Month

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 123 comments I fixed it Jessi- I must have had a brain tumor for breakfast

message 7: by Jessi, <~}{{Faery Queen**aka**PixiBell}{{~> (new)

LOL

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Yoffa (webbiegrrlwriter) | 60 comments Jessi wrote: "It's cool since you write romance stories I'll just put you in for author of the month too!!!"

Thank you!

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 123 comments OK... I'm going to throw another out there:

Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

On of my favorite romances.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 123 comments And for March, I'm throwing out:

Hounded (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #1) by Kevin Hearne and Countermeasure (Countermeasure, #1) by Chris Almeida

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 123 comments Actually, countermeasure might satisfy both requirements (both months) since it's an action/thriller/romance with an Irish character