A Choice of Destiny (Destiny, Prequel) A Choice of Destiny discussion

Should this be extended into a longer book?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

June Stevens I woke up in the middle of the night with this short story in my head. I sat down at the computer and four hours and three thousand words later it was done. But, then again, I thought, maybe it wasn’t done. As I read over what I had just written, I felt like maybe it was actually the beginning of something, maybe more of a prologue to something greater, than a short story. However, if it is, I’m not yet sure where to go with it, or if I SHOULD go anywhere with it.

This story is the first time I’ve ever felt the need to write in first person present tense (something I usually hate to read), as well as the first time I’ve written something that might be considered young adult. Though, I think it would fit better in the new emerging genre of “new adult”. Regardless of where it would fall, genre wise, I decided to put this short story up for free to get the opinions of the people who matter…the reader. That means YOU!

I hope you will enjoy this story, but whether you do or not I hope you will let me know.

Did you love it? Did you hate it? Should I go forward with the story? If so, which portal do you think she should take? What do you think she should find there?

Please, help me write a better story by giving me your feedback.

message 2: by June (last edited Jan 04, 2013 08:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

June Stevens The decision has been made. A Choice of Destiny will remain a short story...BUT... it is the PREQUEL a "New Adult" series:the Destiny trilogy. I have started work on the first in the series, Pirate Queen, and hope to have it finished by the end of the year.

You can read more and follow the progress on the June Stevens website: http://junestevens.com/