Talk About It! discussion

Buy instore or buy online?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 390 comments Out of interest do you guys prefer to buy things in stores or online? I love going into bookstores and finding bargains for instance but sometimes you have to look online and bargains can be found but it's not the same feeling. Some items I prefer to buy online but on the whole going to a shop to look is a bit of an adventure haha!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I prefer to get stuff in-store, but sometimes it's just easier and cheaper to get it online, or to get an e-copy of the book, online, so...
I do both,

message 3: by Lydia (last edited Dec 19, 2012 10:23PM) (new)

Lydia I like going and buying stuff in person a little more. It's more fun browsing through a real shelf as opposed to a virtual one. Although, I do seem to find better bargains online.

message 4: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 390 comments Yeah, it's easier to find things online for sure. But nothing beats going into a bookstore and just browsing to see what gems you can unearth. Today I was waiting for friends and saw this bookstore (but I had no cash - it's called Allbooks4Less for anyone in Australia who wants to know) and it had loads of books for under 10 dollars. Like as in good quality new books and classics.

message 5: by Lydia (new)

Lydia That's really cool; it's hard to find cheap bookstores. I do go to one that has really good sales. Like, I bought two books there for six dollars.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Jonathan wrote: "Yeah, it's easier to find things online for sure. But nothing beats going into a bookstore and just browsing to see what gems you can unearth. Today I was waiting for friends and saw this bookstore..."

That sounds like a book store I found in Victoria (obviously also in Australia) called "The Book Grocer". I went in there and everything was $15 or less and there were heaps of books! Unfortunately, I had no money with me that day and haven't been back there since :(

message 7: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 390 comments I shall have to see if The Book Grocer has a website...yes they do!